• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ZFKgwXh.jpg

Spaniards for Los Conquistas

History: Created in 1830 among a rather small number of officers within the armed forces most notably Colonel Roberto Rafael Cortez Allende, it would flourish steadily over the years with the significant additions of two upstart military men of coincidentally the same rank: Coronel Alejandro Martin Antonio Carlos Maria Nicolas De La Casa and Colonel Isandro Durante. Known as "Los Tres" the officer's club turned informal movement has advocated for a return of the Empire, the re-emergence of Spanish colonial ambitions. However, within the group lay various factions who debate and discuss their views on how to achieve the revival of the golden era of the past. The outbreak of the civil war would sap the strength of the organization due to the sharply divided loyalties of the officers, in fact at the height of the conflict there were rumors that all three founders had been killed in action leaving no successor. After cessation of hostilities “Los Tres” not only miraculously survived but were able to for a time stitch back together the following that in their minds was the one true hope at regaining what had been lost. While “Los Tres” were reunited after years of civil war, Alejandro De La Casa was a shell of his former self. Caught between his defeats in the conflict and the growing demands of leading Los Visionarios he would retire to the United Kingdom. With one leader gone there still remained the question of whether the new authority, King Carlos, would sanction the organization.

The Nuevo Conquistadors Faction wished to reconquer lost lands that they felt were rightfully belonging to the Spaniards such as the Vice-royalties of New Grenada, Peru and Rio de La Plata. While their numbers were initially less than the other two factions, their influence is significant especially within "Los Tres". After the Civil War given the fact that Durante was one of the victors his prestige within the organization made him a force to be reckoned with, replacing Los Visionarios at least for the time being as the dominant faction.

Los Visionarios Faction seeks to move on from the past and chart a colonial Empire made up of new conquests such as significantly expanding Spanish influence in the Dark Continent, also known as Africa beginning with the coast and slowly but surely advancing towards the unknown. Rumor has it liberal minded officers coalesced into this faction especially after the Carlist War, however, this interest group has fallen in some disarray with the departure of Alejandro De La Casa.

El Grupo Pragmatismo is the third interest faction, for them the homeland should not place themselves on a fixed path but to rather become opportunists when it is both politically and strategically desirable especially when competing against rival powers with their own agendas that may or may not benefit El Imperio.

Founding members:

Isandro Durante

Roberto Rafael Cortez Allende

Alejandro Martin Antonio Carlos Maria Nicolas De La Casa

Current Members:

HSH Alejandro de Soneta di Belmonte
Carlos Martinez de la Huerta y Damas
Esteban Alonso Fitz-James Stuart y Silva

Last edited:
The day was pleasant to walk about in, the city had become accustomed to the new rule, although there had been little word from the new King. However, there was a new entity that had recently gained recognition that caught Alejandro's interest. It favoured a push towards expansionism, a ideal that Alejandro was most eager to see pushed forward. He didn't mind how the Kingdom would do it, so long as it would, and thus he sent a letter to the faction's, or rather sub faction of the faction, head.

To Colonel Roberto Allende, leader of the Reserve forces of Rey Carlos V.

I recently saw the flyers of this new faction founded, and I was most enraptured and enthralled by it's ideals. I find myself entranced by the approach favoured by the sub faction El Grupo Pragmatismo, A group I have heard that you yourself head. I hope you can find place for me within your institution, and I hope that together we can push to make Spain great once again,
Yours Truly

Last edited:
glpaper$192351588(s).jpg

Los Amarillos
[Protectionism | State Capitalism | Moralism | Pro-War | Residency]

History: Created in 1839, Los Amarillos was a court faction originating around the brothers Etxeto. It was centered around the conservative and pious administration of the nation, notably adopting the ideals of Encomienda or neo-feudalism. Thus the primary supporters of Los Amarillos were landowners and members of the clergy, which sought to entrench the powers of the landed elite and the Church in Spain and never let go. However, opposite from Las Conquistas, it was neither jingoist nor neo-imperial in nature, preferring the safety of an absolutist Hispania. Though not yet in conflict with Las Conquistas, the lack of desire for the restitution of the Empire abroad is expected to bring about conflict within the court.

Members:

• Dom Etxeto
  • Tomas Etxeto

The day was pleasant to walk about in, the city had become accustomed to the new rule, although there had been little word from the new King. However, there was a new entity that had recently gained recognition that caught Alejandro's interest. It favoured a push towards expansionism, a ideal that Alejandro was most eager to see pushed forward. He didn't mind how the Kingdom would do it, so long as it would, and thus he sent a letter to the faction's, or rather sub faction of the faction, head.

To Colonel Roberto Allende, leader of the Reserve forces of Rey Carlos V.

I recently saw the flyers of this new faction founded, and I was most enraptured and enthralled by it's ideals. I find myself entranced by the approach favoured by the sub faction El Grupo Pragmatismo, A group I have heard that you yourself head. I hope you can find place for me within your institution, and I hope that together we can push to make Spain great once again,
Yours Truly

The grizzled Colonel was busy speaking to his closest circle of friends as he would soon have to issue a statement with regards to King Carlos V regarding his standing and immediate future, however, a curious letter had arrived for he had just the amount of time to give it a response.

To HSH Alejandro de Soneta di Belmonte,

Muchas gracias por su interés. Estaríamos honrados si fueras a unirse a nosotros en este siguiente honorable y el específico ideal de pragmatismo. Espero que rey Carlos reconocerá y se dan la sanción necesaria para nosotros servir a España. Pronto será tiempo de restore de nuestra gloria.

~ Colonel Roberto Rafael Cortez Allende

Thank you very much for your interest. We would be honored if you joined our honorable following, especially the specific ideal of pragmatism. We await the recognition and necessary royal sanction from King Carlos in order for us to serve Spain. Soon it will be time to restore our glory.

~ Colonel Roberto Rafael Cortez Allende

A Tale of Unfortunate Events, the retreat of Don Falcon to Belgium

After the fall of the Monarchy to Carlist rebels, Don Falcon liquafied all of his unmovable possesions and moved all his substantial wealth and movable possesions to his family's castle near Namur, Belgium. There he would invest in Belgian Industry and become involved in Belgian politics, eventually being elected Deputy for Namur under the Liberal Banner in the 1843 General Election, afterwards serving as vocal moderate deputy in parliament and in minor executive posts till his death in early 1853.

Census of 1839:

v2_8.bmp

Population: 17.33 Million
Adult Male Population: 4.33 Million

Dominant Culture: Spanish
Dominant Religion: Catholic
Dominant Occupation: Farming
Dominant Ideology: Conservatism

A pamphlet circulates in Madrid following the end of the war :

Spaniards, our nation now stands UNITED after the traitorous and ILLEGITIMATE Council of Regency has fled from Madrid! Viva Carlos El Rey! Viva Espana!

But now across the ocean, our brothers in blood on the island of Hispaniola are OPPRESSED. The former SLAVES have invaded the Spanish territories during the TREASON of our American COLONIES. It is the duty of every good SPANIARD to embark on our ARMADA REAL and take back the island, which stands between our territories in Cuba and Puerto Rico. We have a MORAL DUTY to free the oppressed Spaniards from the clutches of the Negro Republic!

A victory in Hispaniola will show the renewed STRENGTH from our Kingdom, and teach all those who think that the Kingdom is WEAK that Spain will not back down in face of adversity!

Viva Carlos V ! Viva Espana!

Reactions:
Carlos Maria Alvear y Ponce de Leon resigns from his post as Secretary of the Office of War, saying that he "never wanted the job to begin with" and wishes for "a more appropriate man to take the job." He expresses a desire to return to military command and "work with the Carlists as a military officer for the continued welfare of Spain" as his previous allegiance to the anti-Carlists was based on "coercion" and not "free will."

A few days later, Carlos Maria is seen handing out pamphlets in Madrid in support of the Carlists, shouting "Long live Carlos V!"

LesWh2G.png

((Private))
Carlos smiled at his handiwork. He was quite pleased with himself as he placed the finishing touches on his plan to avoid capture while continuing to disseminate information. He glanced over to the stack of papers that lay on his desk before attaching a note to the top of it - Madrid. Then, carefully, he lay the stacks in the bottom of vegetable baskets, laid a selection of produce above it, and called for the young transporter's boy to come collect them. Yes, this would do quite nicely...

Reactions:

THE ALBA CHRONICLES (VII) - ((Private))

Everyone has been very busy in the Liria Palace that day. The servants were covering the windows and the Venetian mirrors with black material, a priest belonging to the nearby Dominican convent was spraying the rooms with the holy water and mumbling prayers, a thin balding lawyer, accompanied by a surly military officer, was looking through the papers and making a list of all possessions. As they moved through the living rooms and bedrooms, through the cabinets, saloons and parlors, they could only wonder, how many riches could this building contain?

- An unknown work by Rembrandt. One million peso in jewels! Silks of all kinds, documents entitling to property in Cuba... - the barrister was murmuring as he moved. Then he looked at the lieutenant colonel walking near him and asked, his voice wistful and envious. - Who would become the owner of all this? The military man looked at the lawyer strictly. He was in his fourties and had a look of a man who has slept, ate and drank very rarely during the years that have passed. He was breathing very heavily and hoarsely, as if something inside him was damaged. - Nobody knows. His Grace left no children. And no will.

"His Grace" was no other than Don Miguel Garcia Fitz-James y Silva, the general that led the Northern Army of the Christinos for last six years. The lieutenant colonel was still remembering how his commander and patron caught a bullet into his stomach under Bilbao. He was a brave man, but the pain was so great that for days he could only yell and agonize, appealing to God and then cursing the skies for his mishap. Then the pain soothed - but the nobleman became so weak that he could barely speak. It was sad for the officer to see such a strong and willful person in a bad shape. He spent days near his bed, when they were imprisoned by Carlists (who, one must note, provided doctors) - and was a witness of his last moments.

As the two men spoke, they could not notice that they were watched. A tall caballiero in a long violet mantle over the cavalry uniform was standing near the big marble statue of Appolo and looking at them. Finally, he walked towards them and smiled.

- Good days to you, gentlemen. I believe that you should look at this.- the stranger passed some kind of document, in an envelope, decorated with the Fitz-James crests and the lawyer and soldier. When they read the letter they pulled out of it, one of them went pale and the other ruddy. The barrister exclaimed, his glance agitated. - So, sir, you are...

The caballiero bowed in a rather mocking way. - The owner of all this. The new Duke of Alba, yes. He was smiling once again, but his shiny, shiny eyes were cold and expressionless. Then they became calculating. - Senor, may I have a word with you? He pulled the officer aside. Both of them walked away from the lawyer and sat on a velvet couch. The new Duke stayed silent for a moment and then asked. - So, you were the aide-de-campe to my brother? Your name is Montcada, is it not? Francisco Montcada (for it was no other than he) nodded. His moustache, black before the war, now contained grey hair and his forehead was crossed by wrinkles. - Yes. I was a captain in the old army and under Don Miguel became lieutenant colonel. Guess this rank is not valid now, Your Grace... The Duke was listening and not listening at the same time. His thoughts were clearly very far away now. Then he stood up and extended his hand to Montcada. - Call me Don Esteban... But tell me.... What were the last words of my brother? The aide-de-campe hesitated for a moment, as if choosing words and wondering whether to speak or not. But then he finally found the courage to say the truth. - He called for wine and then cursed the doctor who could not make him feel better... Of course, before that he confessed. and all... Don Esteban nodded, contemplating on the information. Then addressed the Lieutenant Colonel, very serious now. - If the newspapers would want comment, we would concentrate on the last bit, understand? His intonations became quite steely and imperious - and Montcada nodded in agreement. Then the Duke of Alba continued, speaking to himself, stroking his whiskers. - Of course, a few words about him supporting His Majesty before his death would not be bad as well... But whatever. I will go and see my brother now. The caballiero left the lawyer and officer to continue their tedious work and walked down into the crypt-like basement . As the steps were сreaking under his feeth, the facial expression of the Duke was becoming different - no so cold or cynical. Once he even frowned, as if he felt pain. Very soon he was standing in the underground chapel, surrounded by burning candles and effigies of saints and angels. He advanced to the coffin, standing in the middle of the Church, and lowered, looking at his brothers pale face. Then he kissed his cheek and said a little prayer, before uttering words that were not at all holy. - Why have you chosen the wrong side, you stubborn bastard...

Duke_of_Berwick-upon-Tweed_2.jpg

tumblr_o0v41wix3l1u1gauyo1_500.jpg

Name: Don Esteban Alonso Fitz-James Stuart y Silva, 17h Duke of Alba (Spanish peerage) and 9th Duke of Berwick (Jacobite, Spanish and French peerage), Grandee of Spain 1st Class, etc
Date of birth: March 4, 1804
Background:

Don Esteban is the last of the three Fitz-James Stuart brothers - and, in fact, the last of the line. Born in 1804 in Madrid, he, at the same year, lost his father. His initial fate was very similar to his brothers - for he was Jesuit -educated and moved to Bayonne together with imprisoned royals, when Napoleon took over in Spain. As a small boy, he was a page to Don Carlos of Molina and grew to admire his master as a pious, kind and noble man. When the exile ended and Ferdinand VII returned to his Realm in 1813

Esteban moved to Madrid as well . He attended a military academy and later receiving the commission of a cornet within the Regimiento del Rey, the oldest heavy cavalry regiment within the Spanish Royal Army. The same year, as a dashing young officer, he was assigned to the Spanish Embassy in Russia, for his elder brother and guardian hoped that Esteban, a more intellectual person that Miguel, would make a diplomatic career.

Already arriving at St. Petersburg, Don Esteban, with disgust, has found out that the radicals have couped and usurped the powers of Ferdinand VII. He refused to serve under the new Liberal Ambassador and instead joined the Russian Army. He found the absolutist and Christian order existing there quite to his liking and soon became the favorite of aristocratic St.Peterburg, serving in the Hussar Regiment of the Guards and participating in all court balls and parties.

An active young man, Esteban did not, however, only celebrate. As a volunteer, he took part in several Russian expeditions against the princes of Dagestan and was even decorated with the high military award of the Empire, Order of St.George, IV class, for his valiant service during an invasion of Abkhazia, under General Gorchakoff.

In 1823, getting a letter from his brother and with the blessing of Alexander I, the young man headed to France, where he has joined the Hundred Thousand Sons of St Louis and took part in the liberation of Spain. During the battle of Trocadero he was wounded three times and was unconscious for seven days before returning to life. After Don Esteban became a much more pious man than he was before.

During what the leftist called the Omnious Decade Don Esteban enjoyed a fairly succesfull career. Siding with the supporters of strong authority of the King, he was a welcomed guest at the court of Ferdinand VII. While being one person, the nobleman held a number of various offices and positions - a Captain in the Royalist Volunteers, a lord-in-waiting and then a chamberlain to the King, and later a number of administrative positions within the Ministry of State. Having leisure and money, Esteban has also received a law degree at the University of Madrid - which was quite unique for a rich nobleman these days.

It was 1830 that changed the life of Esteban. Disagreeing with the issuance of Pragmatic Sanction, he became an active member of the Carlist faction of apostolicos at Court - and Ferdinando decided to send him away, appointing as military attache in Russia. It turned out to be a big mistake on his part.

The next three years he has spent in St. Petersburg Don Esteban used to quietly further the cause of Count of Molina at Russian Court. At the same time he did not break ties with the Madrid government, serving it loyally in cases which did not tarnish what he had thought was prescribed by God - the inheritance of Carlos.

Very soon the Spaniard has increased his influence at the Russian court greatly. Emperor Nicholas I liked him because he was a conservative, because he was a military man (wearing the uniform of the Hussars of the Princessa) - and especially because he, in 1832, married Countess Maria Uvaroff, the daughter to a powerfull minister under the Autocrat of all Russian.

The support of the Emperor and certain pulling of strings through his brother Miguel solicitored Don Esteban his final appointment as Ambassador to Russia to 1833. After the death of the King, seeing himself as free of all bounds, Esteban made his best to persuade Nicholas support the true King. He showed him worrisome dispatches he received from the capital, describing the actions of Bermudez, and is known to have said "Your Majesty, if Isabella becomes Queen, monasteries would be burned, nuns raped and thousands of true Catholics mercilessly murdered". The Romanoff ruler was in agreement with the rebel diplomatic representative.

Very soon Esteban quit his office all together and with a number of Russian volunteers travelled into Spain. to serve the man who he saw as true monarch with arms. Under his old acquaintance, Alejo María Sastre y Díaz de Santa Ava and the famous Tomás de Zumácarregui e Imazhe he led several detachements line cavalry . Later Don Esteban performed the duties of the chief of staff to Santa-Ava, mainly handing administrative matters. The end of the war made him the Duke of Alba and owner of all family fortune - while taking his wife, who died in 1837, and brother, who joined the other side and was killed, from him.

Don Esteban is a loyal follower of Carlos, a devoted royalist and legitimist, a pious Catholic and a supporter of the Spanish imperialism - but not much beyond that is known about him. He is said to have ties to Jesuits, has certain contempt for popular government and constitutionalism, but is pragmatic above all. While a brave soldier, he is also a masterful courtier, being much calmer than his elder brother.

Last edited:
((A big thanks to Luftwafer for handling about 95% of this ;p ))

Madrid had fallen some weeks before, and whilst the final pockets of resistance in the south were being snuffed out, Carlos V had begun planning his official coronation – he knew that it would mark the true beginning of his reign, and by its pomp and grandeur it would project the majesty and might of Spain’s new King. It would bring the people together in awe and praise, he hoped – or at least distract them from their worries of the past few years. On the first of June, 1839, the King was officially crowned.

The Coronation of Carlos V, King of Spain

Carlos V entered into Almudena Cathedral, and was greeted by a hymn:

I was glad when they said unto me:
We will go into the house of the Lord.
Our feet shall stand in thy gates:
O Jerusalem.
Jerusalem is built as a city:
that is at unity in itself.
O pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
they shall prosper that love thee.
Peace be within thy walls:
and plenteousness within thy palaces.

The King progressed up the church, the voices of over a thousand Carlists filled the church. He walked past the choir, before kneeling in front of the altar, and the Primate of Spain before it. After a few prayers to God almighty the rightful king moved back into the first row of the Pews.

The Bible, Paten, and Chalice were in turn brought by the archbishop of Sevilla, Galicia and Barcelona

Behind them were the Lords who backed Carlos's cause in full regalia. Holding their swords out wards, Zumalacarregui went towards the Primate, giving him the Crown, before bowing and going with the other nobles to accompany their King into the Pew.
These 'gifts' were then placed into the Altar as the Ceremony began.

The archbishop along with the various secretaries of the King, notably the First Secretary, as well as Generals Zumalacerragui, Huerta, and Durante went to the front of the church repeating in unison, as the King went up to the Altar before him.

Sirs, I here present unto you
King Carlos,
your undoubted King:
Wherefore all you who are come this day
to do your homage and service,
Are you willing to do the same?

The People showed their willingness and pure jubiliations and all with one voice cried out

GOD SAVE THE KING.

Then the trumpets sounded.

The Primate began the coronation Vows, asking:
My King, is your Majesty willing to take the Oath?

And the King answered,
I am willing,

Archbishop: Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the territories of España?

Carlos: I solemnly promise so to do. He said, clutching a Bible.

Archbishop: Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgements?

Carlos: I will.

Archbishop: Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of God and the true profession of the Gospel?

Will you to the utmost of your power maintain in the España the Catholic religion established by law?

Will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the Roman Catholic Church, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established by our Lord Jesus Christ?

And will you preserve unto the Bishops and Clergy of España, and to the Churches there committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law do or shall appertain to them or any of them?

Carlos: All this I promise to do.

Then the King arose out of his Position, his sword of state in hand, moved towards the image of Saint Mary

The things which I have here before promised, I will perform, and keep. So help me God.

The King Kissed the bible he was clutching before rising and crossed himself.

The king having thus taken his Oath, returned again to the Pews, and the Bible delivered to the Dean.

When the King was again seated, the Archbishop went to him, receiving the Bible from the Dean, he brought it to the King and presented it to him, the Archbishop said:

Our gracious King:
to keep your Majesty ever mindful of the law and the Gospel of God
as the Rule for the whole life and government of Christian Princes,
we present you with this Book,
the most valuable thing that this world affords.

He continued:
Here is Wisdom;
This is the royal Law;
These are the lively Oracles of God.

Then the King delivered the Bible back to the Archbishop, who brought it to the Dean, who reverently placed it again upon the Altar. This done, the Archbishop returned to the Altar. Then began the communion. The archbishop , bowing down at the foot of the altar, made the Sign of the Cross and said:
In nómine Patris, et Fílii, et Spíritus Sancti. Amen.
Then joining his hands before his breast, he began the Anthem:
Introíbo ad altáre Dei.
S.Ad Deum qui lætíficat juventútem meam.
Joining his hands, he said
Júdica me, Deus, et discérne causam meam de gente non sancta: ab hómine iníquo, et dolóso érue me.
S.Quia tu es, Deus, fortitúdo mea: quare me repulísti, et quare tristis incédo, dum afflígit me inimícus?
P.Emítte lucem tuam, et veritátem tuam: ipsa me deduxérunt, et aduxérunt in montem sanctum tuum, et in tabernácula tua.
P.Send forth Thy light and Thy truth: they have led me and brought me unto Thy holy hill, and into Thy tabernacles.
S.Et introíbo ad altáre Dei: ad Deum qui lætíficat juventútem meam.
P.Confitébor tibi in cíthara, Deus, Deus meus: quare tristis es, ánima mea, et quare contúrbas me?
S.Spera in Deo, quóniam adhuc confitébor illi: salutáre vultus mei, et Deus meus.
P.Glória Patri, et Fílio, et Spirítui Sancto.
S.Sicut erat in princípio et nunc, et semper, et in sæcula sæculórum. Amen.
P.Introíbo ad altáre Dei.
S.Ad Deum qui lætíficat juventútem meam.

The archbishop , signing himself with the Sign of the Cross, said:
Adjutórium nostrum + in nómine Dómini.

S.Qui fecit cælum et terram.

Confiteor
Then, joining his hands, and humbly bowing down, he spokethe Confiteor:
Confíteor Deo omnipoténti, beátæ Maríæ semper Vírgini, beáto Michaéli Archángelo, beáto Joanni Baptístæ, sanctis Apóstolis Petro et Paulo, ómnibus Sanctis, et tibi, Pater: quia peccávi nimis cogitatióne, verbo et ópere: He strikes his breast three times mea culpa, mea culpa, mea máxima culpa. Ideo precor beátam Maríam semper Vírginem, beátum Joánnem Baptístam, sanctos Apóstolos Petrum et Paulum, omnes Sanctos, et te, Pater, oráre pro me ad Dóminum Deum nostrum.

S.Misereátur tui omnípotens Deus, et dimíssis peccátis tuis, perdúcat te ad vitam ætérnam.
P.Amen.

P.Indulgéntiam, et remissiónem peccatórum nostrórum tríbuat nobis omnípotens et miséricors Dóminus.
S.Amen.

He bowed his head and proceeded:
Deus, tu convérsus vivificábis nos.
S.Et plebs tua lætábitur in te.
P.Osténde nobis, Dómine, misericórdiam tuam.
S.Et salutáre tuum da nobis.
P.Dómine, exáudi oratiónem meam.
S.Et clamor meus ad te véniat.
P.Dóminus vobíscum.
S.Et cum spíritu tuo.

The archbishop extended and then joined his hands
P.Orémus.

The archbishop ascended the altar and said silently:
Aufer a nobis, quæsumus, Dómine, iniquitátes nostras: ut ad Sancta sanctórum puris mereámur méntibus introíre. Per Christum Dóminum nostrum. Amen.

Orámus te, Dómine, per mérita Sanctórum tuórum,

He kissed the Altar in the middle where a saints relics were enclosed
quorum relíquiæ hic sunt, et ómnium Sanctórum: ut indulgére dignéris ómnia peccáta mea. Amen.

The Kýrie
The archbishop returned to the middle of the altar and joined his hands.
P.Kýrie, eléison.
S.Kýrie, eléison.
P.Kýrie, eléison.
S.Christe, eléison.
P.Christe, eléison.
S.Christe, eléison.
P.Kýrie, eléison.
S.Kýrie, eléison.
P.Kýrie, eléison.
The Gloria

The archbishop extended his hands and then rejoining them begins the Gloria. The congregation joined him in the first verse.
Glória in excélsis Deo, et in terra pax homínibus bonæ voluntátis. Laudámus te. Benedícimus te. Adorámus te. Glorificámus te. Grátias ágimus tibi propter magnam glóriam tuam. Dómine Deus, Rex cæléstis, Deus Pater omnípotens. Dómine Fili unigénite, Jesu Christe. Dómine Deus, Agnus Dei, Fílius Patris. Qui tollis peccáta mundi, miserére nobis. Qui tollis peccáta mundi, súscipe deprecatiónem nostram. Qui sedes ad déxteram Patris, miserére nobis. Quóniam tu solus Sanctus. Tu solus Dóminus. Tu solus Altíssimus, Jesu Christe. Cum Sancto Spíritu, in glória Dei Patris. Amen.

He kissed the Altar and turning to the people said:
Dóminus vobíscum.
S.Et cum spíritu tuo.

The Gradual (proper)
After the gradual the missal is moved to the left side of the altar while the priest, bowing at the middle of the altar, says:
Munda cor meum ac lábia mea, omnípotens Deus, qui lábia Isaíæ Prophétæ cálculo mundásti igníto: ita me tua grata miseratióne dignáre mundáre, ut sanctum Evangélium tuum digne váleam nuntiáre. Per Christum Dóminum nostrum. Amen. The following prayer is omitted in Requiem Masses. Jube, Dómine, benedícere. Dóminus sit in corde meo, et in lábiis meis: ut digne et competénter annúntiem Evangélium suum.
Amen

Sermon
The Creed
Stand
The archbishop returned to the middle of the altar and began the Credo.
Credo in unum Deum, Patrem omnipoténtem, factórem cæli et terræ, visibílium ómnium et invisibílium. Et in unum Dóminum Jesum Christum, Fílium Dei unigénitum. Et ex Patre natum ante ómnia sæcula. Deum de Deo, lumen de lúmine, Deum verum de Deo vero. Génitum, non factum, consubstantiálem Patri: per quem ómnia facta sunt. Qui propter nos hómines et propter nostram salútem descéndit de cælis.

Everyone Knelt
Et incarnátus est de Spíritu Sancto ex María Vírgine: Et homo factus

Everyone Stood
Crucifíxus étiam pro nobis: sub Póntio Piláto passus, et sepúltus est. Et resurréxit tértia die, secúndum Scriptúras. Et ascéndit in cælum: sedet ad déxteram Patris. Et íterum ventúrus est cum glória judicáre vivos et mórtuos: cujus regni non erit finis. Et in Spíritum Sanctum, Dóminum et vivificántem: qui ex Patre, Filióque procédit. Qui cum Patre, et Fílio simul adorátur, et conglorifícatur: qui locútus est per Prophétas. Et unam, sanctam, cathólicam et apostólicam Ecclésiam. Confíteor unum baptísma in remissiónem peccatorum. Et expecto resurrectionem mortuorum, et vitam +ventúri sæculi. Amen.

The archbishop kissed the Altar, turns to the people and said:
P. Dóminus vobíscum.

S. Et cum spíritu tuo.

P. Orémus.

Sit
MASS OF THE FAITHFUL
Offertory (proper)

At the middle of the altar the archbishop read the Offertory verse.
The bells are rung once.
The archbishop now uncovered the chalice, takes the paten with the host and raises it saying:
Súscipe, sancte Pater, omnípotens ætérne Deus, hanc immaculátam hóstiam, quam ego indígnus fámulus tuus óffero tibi Deo meo vivo et vero, pro innumerabílibus peccátis, et offensiónibus, et negligéntiis meis, et pro ómnibus circumstántibus, sed et pro ómnibus fidélibus christiánis vivis atque defúunctis: ut mihi et illis profíciat ad salútem in vitam ætérnam. Amen.

The Priest made the Sign of the Cross with the paten and host, and placed the host upon the corporal while saying a prayer. He poured wine and water into the chalice, blessing the water before it was poured into the chalice

Deus, + qui humánæ substántiæ dignitátem mirabíliter condidísti et mirabílius reformásti: da nobis, per hujus aquæ et vini mystérium, ejus divinitátis esse consórtes, qui humanitátis nostræ fíeri dignátus est párticeps, Jesus Christus, Fílius tuus, Dóminus noster: Qui tecum vivit et regnat in unitáte Spíritus Sancti Deus: per ómnia sæcula sæculórum. Amen.

Going to the middle of the Altar, the archbishop took the chalice and offered it to the Lord.
Offérimus tibí, Dómine, cálicem salutáris, tuam deprecántes cleméntiam: ut in conspéctu divínæ majestátis tuæ, pro nostra et totíus mundi salúte, cum odóre suavitátis ascéndat. Amen.

Then making the Sign of the Cross with the chalice, and placing it on the corporal, he covered it with the pall.

Bowing down, the Priest says:
In spíritu humilitátis, et in ánimo contríto suscipiámur a te, Dómine: et sic fiat sacrifícium nostrum in conspéctu tuo hódie, ut pláceat tibi, Dómine Deus.

Raising his eyes and extending his hands, he said:
Veni, Sanctificátor omnípotens ætérne Deus: et bénedic + hoc sacrifícium, tuo sancto nómini præparátum.

Per intercessiónem beáti Michaélis Archángeli, stantis a dextris altáris incénsi, et ómnium electórum suórum, incénsum istud dignétur Dóminus bene + dícere, et in odórem suavitátis accípere. Per Christum Dóminum.

Dirigátur, Dómine, orátio mea, sicut incénsum, in conspéctu tuo: elevátio mánuum meárum sacrifícium vespertínum. Pone, Dómine, custódiam ori meo, et óstium circumstántiæ lábiis meis: ut non declínet cor meum in verba malítiæ, ad excusándas excusatiónes.

Bowing down at the middle of the Altar with hands joined, the archbishop said:
Súscipe, Sancta Trínitas, hanc oblatiónem, quam tibi offérimus ob memóriam passiónis, resurrectiónis, et ascensiónis Jesu Christi Dómini nostri, et in honórem beátæ Maríæ semper Vírginis, et beáti Joánnis Baptístæ, et sanctórum Apostolórum Petri et Pauli, et istórum, et ómnium Sanctórum: ut illis profíciat ad honórem, nobis autem ad salútem: et illi pro nobis intercédere dignéntur in cælis, quorum memóriam ágimus in terris. Per eúndem Christum Dóminum nostrum.

Orate Fratres
The archbishop kissed the Altar, and turning to the people said the first two words audibly , then turned back to the Altar to finish the prayer.
Oráte fratres: ut meum ac vestrum sacrifícium acceptábile fiat apud Deum Patrem omnipoténtem.

S. Suscípiat Dóminus sacrifícium de mánibus tuis ad laudem et glóriam nóminis sui, ad utilitátem quoque nostram, totiúsque Ecclésiæ suæ sanctæ.

P. Amen.

The Secret (proper)
The archbishop extended his hands and said the Secret silently.
He ended audibly:
Per ómnia sæcula sæculórum.

S. Amen.

P. Dóminus vobíscum.
S. Et cum spíritu tuo.
P. Sursum corda.
S. Habémus ad Dóminum.
P. Grátias agámus Dómino Deo nostro.
S. Dignum et justum est.

Vere dignum et justum est, æquum et salutáre, nos tibi semper, et ubíque grátias ágere: Dómine sancte, Pater omnípotens, ætérne Deus: Qui cum unigénito Fílio tuo, et Spíritu Sancto, unus es Deus, unus es Dóminus: non in uníus singularitáte persónæ, sed in uníus Trinitáte substántiæ. Quod enim de tua glória, revelánte te, crédimus, hoc de Fílio tuo, hoc de Spíritu Sancto, sine differéntia discretiónis sentímus. Ut in confessióne veræ sempiternæque Deitátis, et in persónis propríetas, et in esséntia ùnitas, et in majestáte adorétur æquálitas. Quam laudant Angeli atque Archángeli, Chérubim quoque ac Séraphim: qui non cessant clamáre quotídie, una voce dicéntes:

The bells were rung three times
Kneel
Sanctus
Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus, Dóminus Deus Sábaoth. Pleni sunt cæli et terra glória tua. Hosánna in excélsis. + Benedíctus qui venit in nómine Dómini.

THE CANON
Prayers Before Consecration
The archbishop bowed over the Altar and said silently:

Te ígitur, clementíssime Pater, per Jesum
Christum Fílium tuum, Dóminum nostrum, súpplices rogámus, ac pétimus, uti accépta hábeas, et benedícas, hæc + dona, hæc +múnera, hæc + sancta sacrifícia illibáta, in primis, quæ tibi offérimus pro Ecclésia tua sancta cathólica: quam pacificáre, custodíre, adunáre, et régere dignéris toto orbe terrárum: una cum fámulo tuo Papa nostro N . . . et Antístite nostro N . . . et ómnibus orthodóxis, atque cathólicæ et apostólicæ fídeils.

Commemoratio pro vivis

Meménto, Dómine, famulórum famularúmque tuárum N . . . et N . . . et ómnium circumstántium, quorum tibi fides cógnita est, et nota devótio, pro quibus tibi offérimus: vel qui tibi ófferunt hoc sacrifícium laudis, pro se, suísque ómnibus: pro redemtióne et incolumitátis suæ: tibíque reddunt vota sua ætérno Deo, vivo 

Communicántes, et memóriam venerántes, in primis gloriósæ semper Vírginis Maríæ, Genitrícis Dei et Dómini nostri Jesu Christi: sed et beáti Joseph ejúsdem Vírginis Sponsi, et beatórum Apostolórum ac Mártyrum tuórum, Petri et Pauli, André æ, Jacóbi, Joánnis, Thomæ, Jacóbi, Philíppi, Bartholomæi, Matthæi, Simónis et Thaddæi: Lini, Cleti, Cleméntis, Xysti, Cornélii, Cypriáni, Lauréntii, Chrysógoni, Joánnis et Pauli, Cosmæ et Damiáni: et ómnium Sanctórum tuórum; quorum méritis precibúsque concédas, ut in ómnibus protectiónis tuæ muniámur auxílio. Per eúndem Christum Dóminum nostrum. Amen.

Prayers at Consecration
Oblation of the Victim to God
The bells were rung once.
The priest spread his hands over the offering and said:
Hanc ígitur oblatiónem servitútis nostræ, sed et cunctæ famíliæ tuæ, quæsumus, Dómine, ut placátus accípias: diésque nostros in tua pace dispónas, atque ab ætérna damnatióne nos éripi, et in electórum tuórum júbeas grege numerári. Per Christum Dóminum nostrum. Amen.

Quam oblatiónem tu, Deus, in ómnibus, Qæsumus, bene+díctam, adscríp+tam, ra+tam, rationábilem, acceptabilémque fácere dignéris: ut nobis Cor+pus, et San+guis fiat dilectíssimi Fílii tui Dómini nostri Jesu Christi.

Consecration of the Host
The archbishop took the host in his hands and said:
Qui prídie quam paterétur, accépit panem in sanctus ac venerábiles manus suas, et elevátis óculis in cælum ad te Deum Patrem suum omnipoténtem, tibi grátias agens, bene+díxit, fregit, dedítque discípulis suis, dicens: Accípite, et manducáte ex hoc omnes:

The archbishop bows low and said:
Hoc est enim Corpus Meum.

The archbishop genuflected while the bells were rung once. Then he rose, elevated the Host and then the bells were rung three times. Putting the Host on the corporal he genuflected again while the bells are rung once. He then uncovers the chalice and said:
Símili modo postquam coenátum 

The archbishop took the chalice in both hands and continued:
accípiens et hunc præclárum Cálicem in sanctas ac venerábiles manus suas: item tibi grátias agens, bene+díxit, dedítque discípulis suis, dicens: Accípite, et bíbite ex eo omnes:

The priest bent over the chalice and said:
Hic est enim Calix Sánguinis Mei, novi et ætérni testaménti: Mystérium Fídei: qui pro vobis et pro multis effundétur in remissiónem 

Hæc quotiescúmque fecéritis, in mei memóriam faciétis.

The priest genuflected while the bells were rung once. Then he rose, elevated the chalice and the bells run another 3 times. After putting the chalice on the corporal and covering it, he genuflected again while the bells are rung.

Prayers after Consecration
Unde et memores

To Offer the Victim

With hands extended the archbishop continued silently
Unde et mémores, Dómine, nos servi tui, sed et plebs tua sancta, ejústdem Christi Fílii tui Dómini nostri tam beátæ passiónis necnon et ab ínferis resurrectiónis, sed et in cælos gloriósæ ascensiónis: offérimus præcláræ majestáti tuæ de tuis donis, ac datis,

Bringing his hands together, the priest made the Sign of the Cross five times.
Hóstiam + puram, hóstiam + sanctam, hóstiam + immaculátem, Panem +sanctum vitæ ætérnæ, et Cálicem + salútis perpétuæ.

Supra quae

To Ask God to Accept Our Offering

The priest extended his hands and continued:
Supra quæ propítio ac seréno vultu respícere dignéris: et accépta habére, sícuti accépta habére dignátus es múnera púeri tui justi Abel, et sacrifícium Patriárchæ nostri Abrahæ: et quod tibi óbtulit summus sacérdos tuus Melchísedech, sanctum sacrifícium, immaculátam hóstiam.

Supplices te rogamus

For Blessings

The priest bowed over the Altar and joined his hands saying:
Súpplices te rogámus, omnípotens Deus: jube hæc perférri per manus sancti Angeli tui in sublíme altáre tuum, in conspéctu divínæ majestátis tuæ: ut quotquot ex hac altáris participatióne sacrosánctum Fíii tui, Cor+pus, et Sán+guinem sumpsérimus, omni benedictióne cælésti et grátia repleámur. Per eúndem Christum Dóminum nostrum. 

Commemoratio pro defunctis

Meménto étiam, Dómine, famulórum famularúmque tuárum N . . . et N . . . qui nos præcessérunt cum signo fídei, et dórmiunt in somno pacis. Ipsis, Dómine, et ómnnibus in Christo quiescéntibus, locum refrigérii, lucis et pacis, ut indúlgeas, deprecámur. Per eúndem Christum Dóminum nostrum. Amen.

Nobis quoque peccatoribus

For Eternal Happiness

The archbishop struck his breast, says the first three words aloud, and then continued silently:
Nobis quoque peccatóribus fámulis tuis, de multitúdine miseratiónum tuárum sperántibus, partem áliquam, et societátem donáre dignéris, cum tuis sanctis Apóstolis et Martýribus: cum Joánne, Stéphano, Matthía, Bárnaba, Ignátio, Alexándro, Marcellíno, Petro, Felicitáte, Perpétua, Agatha, Lúcia, Agnéte, Cæcília, Anastásia, et ómnibus Sanctis tuis: intra quorum nos consórtium, non æstimátor mériti, sed véniæ, quæsumus, largítor admítte. Per Christum Dóminum nostrum.

Final Doxology & Minor Elevation
Per quem hæc ómnia, Dómine, semper bona creas, sanctí+ficas, viví+ficas, bene+dícas, et præstas nobis.

The archbishop uncoverd the chalice and genuflected. Holding the Host in his right hand and the chalice in his left, he made the Sign of the Cross five times over the chalice, and said:
Per ip+sum, et cum ip+so, et in ip+so, est tibi Deo Patri + omnipoténti, in unitáte Spíritus + Sancti, onis honor.

He put the Host down, covered the chalice, genuflects, and then said aloud:
Per ómnia sæcula sæculórum.

S. Amen.

Holy Communion
Our Father
The priest joined his hands and said:
Orémus.

Præcéptis salutáribus móniti, et divína institutióne formáti, audémus dícere:

He extended his hands and looked at the Sacrament, while saying aloud:
Pater noster, qui es in cælis: Sanctificétur nomen tuum: Advéniat regnum tuum: Fiat volúntas tua, sicut in cælo, et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidiánum da nobis hódie: Et dimítte nobis débita nostra, sicut et nos dismíttimus debitóribus nostris. Et ne nos indúcas in tenta

S. Sed líbera nos a malo.

P. Amen.

P. Amen.

Libera Nos
The priest took the paten between his first and second fingers and said:
Líbera nos, quæsumus, Dómine, ab ómnibus malis, prætéritis, præséntibus, et futúris: et intercedénte beáta et gloriósa semper Vírgine Dei Genitríce María, cum beátis Apóstolis tuis Petro et Paulo, atque Andréa, et ómnibus anctis, + da propítius pacem in diébus nostris: ut ope misericórdiæ tuæ adjúti, et a peccáto simus semper líberi, et ab omni perturbatióne secúri.

He uncovered the chalice, genuflected, taking the Host and breaking it down the middle over the chalice he said:
Per eúndem Dóminum nostrum Jesum Christum Fílium tuum,

He brook off a Particle from the Host.
Qui tecum vivit et regnat in unitáte Spíritus Sancti Deus,

P. Per ómni sæcula sæculorum.

P. World without end.

S. Amen.

S. Amen.

He made the Sign of the Cross over the chalice, saying:
P. Pax+Dómini sit + semper vobís +cum.

S. Et cum spíritu tuo.
S. And with thy spirit.
He placed the Particle in the chalice and said quietly:
Hæc commíxtio et consecrátio Córprois et Sánguinis Dómini nostri Jesu Christi, fiat accipiéntibus nobis in vitam ætérnam. Amen

The archbishop covered the chalice, genuflected, and then bowed hitting his breast three times, he said aloud:
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi: miserere nobis.
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi: miserere nobis.
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi: dona nobis.

He continued silently:
Dómine Jesu Christe, qui dixísti Apóstolis tuis: Pacem relínquo vobis, pacem meam do vobis: ne respícias peccáta mea, sed fidem Ecclésiæ tuæ; eámque secúndum voluntátem tuam pacificáre et coadunáre dignéris: Qui vivis et regnas Deus per ómnia sæcula sæculórum. Amen.

Dómine Jesu Christe, Fili Dei vivi, qui ex voluntáte Patris, cooperánte Spíritu Sancto, per mortem tuam mundum vivificásti: líbera me per hoc sacrosánctum Corpus et Sánguinem tuum ab ómnibus iniquitátibus meis, et univérsis malis: et fac me tuis semper inhærére mandátis, et a te numquam separári permíttas: Qui cum eódem Deo Patre, et Spíritu Sancto vivis et regnas Deus in sæcula sæculórum. Amen.

Percéptio Córporis tui, Dómine Jesu Christe, quod ego indígnus súmere præsúmo, non mihi provéniat in judícium et condemnatiónem: sed pro tua pietáte prosit mihi ad tutaméntum mentis et córporis, et ad medélam percipiéndam: Qui vivis et regnas cum Deo Patre in unitáte Spíritus Sancti Deus, per ómnia sæcula sæculórum. Amen.

He genuflected and taking the Host said:
Panem cæléstem accípiam, et nomen Dómini invocábo.

Dómine, non sum dignus, ut intres sub tectum meum: sed tantum dic verbo, et sanábitur ánima mea.

He made the Sign of the Cross with the Host over the paten, saying silently:
Corpus Dómini nostri Jesu Christi custódiat ánimam meam in vitam ætérnam. Amen.

He consumedthe Host, uncovering the chalice, genuflects and continued silently:
Quid retríbuam Dómino pro ómnibus quæ retríbuit mihi? Cálicem salutáris accípiam, et nomen Dómini invocábo. Laudans invocábo Dóminum, et ab inimícis meis salvus.

He made the Sign of the Cross with the chalice and saids:
Sanguis Dómini nostri Jesu Christi custódiat ánimam meam in vitam ætérnam. Amen.

He drank the Precious Blood.
P. Misereátur vestri omnípotens Deus, et dimíssis peccátis vestris, perdúcat vos ad vitam ætérnam.
S. Amen.

P. Indulgéntiam, + absolutiónem et remissiónem peccatórum vestrórum tríbuat vobis omnípotens, et miséricors.

S. Amen.

The priest genuflects, elevates the Host and turning towards the people said:
P. Ecce Agnus Dei, ecce qui tollit 

The bells were rung three times.
Dómine, non sum dignus, ut intres sub tectum meum: sed tantum dic verbo, et sanábitur ánima mea.

Corpus Dómini nostri Jesu Christi custódiat ánimam tuam in vitam æternam. Amen.

Quod ore sumpsimus, Domine, pura mente capiamus: et de múnere temporáli fiat nobis remédium sempitérnum.

Corpus tuum, Dómine, quod sumpsi, et Sanguis, quem potávi, adhæreat viscéribus meis: et præsta; ut in me non remáneat scélerum mácula, quem pura et sancta refecérunt sacraménta: Qui vivis et regnas in sæcula sæculorum. Amen.

He drank the wine and water, afterwards he cleaned the chalice and veiled it.

Moving to the middle of the Altar the archbishop said:
P. Dóminus vobíscum.
S. Et cum spíritu tuo.

Returning to the middle of the Altar, he kissed it and turned to the people, saying:
P. Dóminus vobíscum.
S. Et cum spíritu tuo.
The Dismissal
P. Ite, Missa est.
S. Deo grátias.
The Last Blessing
Kneel
Bowing before the Altar the archbishop said silently:
Pláceat tibi, sancta Trínitas, obséquium servitútis meæ: et præsta; ut sacrifícium, quod óculis tuæ majestátis in indígnus óbtuli, tibi sit acceptábile, mihíque, et ómnibus, pro quibus illud óbtuli, sit, te miseránte, propitiábile. Per Christum Dóminum nostrum. Amen.

He kissed the Altar, turned to the people and blessing them said:
Benedícat vos omnípotens Deus, Pater, et Fílius, et Spíritus Sanctus.

S. Amen.

The Last Gospel
Stand
The archbishop went to the right side of the Altar and said:
P. Dóminus vobíscum.
S. Et cum spíritu tuo. 

S. Glória tibi, Dómine.
In princípio erat Verbum, et Verbum erat apud Deum, et Deus erat Verbum. Hoc erat in princípio apud Deum. Omnia per ipsum facta sunt: et sine ipso factum est nihil, quod factum est: in ipso vita erat, et viat erat lux hóminum: et lux in ténebris lucet, et ténebræ eam non comprehendérunt.

Fuit homo missus a Deo, cui nomen erat Joánnes. Hic venit in testimónium, ut testimónium perhibéret de lúmine, ut omnes créderent per illum. Non erat ille lux, sed ut testimónium perhibéret de lúmine.

Erat lux vera, quæ illúminat omnem hóminem veniéntem in hunc mundum. In mundo erat, et mundus per ipsum factus est, et mundus eum non cognóvit. In própria venit, et sui eum non recepérunt. Quotquot autem recepérunt eum, dedit eis potestátem fílios Dei fíeri, his, qui credunt in nómine ejus: qui non ex sanguínibus, neque ex voluntáte carnis, neque ex voluntáte viri, sed ex Deo nati sunt. Genuflect ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST, et habitávit in nobis: et vídimus glóriam ejus, glóriam quasi Unigéniti a Patre, plenum grátiæ et veritátis.

The communion drew to a close, and the King prepared to return to the Palace of Aranjuez.

Te Deum Laudamus
We praise thee, O God:
we acknowledge thee to be the Lord.
All the earth doth worship thee:
the Father everlasting.
To thee all Angels cry aloud:
the heavens and all the powers therein.
To thee Cherubin and Seraphin:
continually do cry,
Holy, Holy, Holy:
Lord God of Sabaoth;
Heaven and earth are full of the Majesty:
of thy Glory.
The glorious company of the Apostles:
praise thee.
The goodly fellowship of the Prophets:
praise thee.
The noble army of Martyrs:
praise thee.
The holy Church throughout all the world:
doth acknowledge thee;
The Father:
of an infinite majesty;
Thine honourable, true:
and only Son;
Also the Holy Ghost:
the Comforter.

Thou art the King of Glory:
O Christ.
Thou art the everlasting Son:
of the Father.
When thou tookest upon thee to deliver man:
thou didst not abhor the Virgin's womb.
When thou hadst overcome the sharpness of death:
thou didst open the kingdom of heaven to all believers.
Thou sittest at the right hand of God:
in the glory of the Father.
We believe that thou shalt come:
to be our Judge.
We therefore pray thee, help thy servants:
whom thou hast redeemed with thy precious blood.
Make them to be numbered with thy Saints:
in glory everlasting.

O Lord, save thy people:
and bless thine heritage.
Govern them:
and lift them up for ever.
Day by day:
we magnify thee;
And we worship thy Name:
ever world without end.
Vouchsafe, O Lord:
to keep us this day without sin.
O Lord, have mercy upon us:
have mercy upon us.
O Lord, let thy mercy lighten upon us:
as our trust is in thee.
O Lord, in thee have I trusted:
let me never be confounded

With that, Carlos V was, beyond all doubt, the true King of Spain, confirmed by the strength of the soldiers, the spirit of the people, and the will of God.

Reactions:
<<Where are you going?>> the sailor was asking.
<<Caracas maybe>> the man answered.
<<Why?>>
<<I left a part of me here>> he said while the wind starts to blowing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800px-Baldomero_Espartero.jpg

Moises Hernando Porras y Maroto

Date of birth: 12 May 1814

Born in a richest family of Ramales, Moises was one of the Carlist Lietunant during Madrid siege. After the victory he attended at the coronation of King Carlos V.

Two days following his coronation, Carlos issued several decrees, some ranging from the seizure of lands from nobles who had both refused to accept his kingship or variably fled the country (Carlos had no desire to cater to unrepentant traitors or cowards), an issuance of a decree barring the unlicensed production of pamphlets, books, or articles (having heard of an uptick of unregulated printing), as well as the ennobling and promoting or conference of new titles upon his most notable allies, namely:

General de Ejército Tomás de Zumalacárregui y Imaz, Duque de la Victoria y Conde de Bilbao
Teniente general Alejo María Sastre y Díaz de Santa Ava, Duque de Valencia y Marqués de Viver y Marqués de Solsona
Don Artai Amaro de Soutomaior y Andrade, Duque de la Coruna
General de división Isandro Durante, Duque de la Torre y Marqués de Santa Maria de Silvela
General de división Emilio Agustín Huerta, Duque de Soria y Conde de León
General de brigada Dieter Goicochea y Herrera, Barón de Albarracín

He further declared his first post-war government:

First Secretary of State: Alejo María Sastre y Díaz de Santa Ava, Duque de Valencia (Kein)

Second Secretary of State: Andrés María Cardinal de Porcelli y Vallabriga (Luft)
Secretary of State for the Treasury: Don Aldo Trumpo (Noco)
Secretary of State for Economic Affairs: Don Aldo Trumpo (Noco)
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs: Don Esteban Alonso Fitz-James Stuart y Silva, Duque de Alba (Mars)
Secretary of State for Grace and Justice: Don Artai Amaro de Soutomaior y Andrade, Duque de la Coruna (Lyon)
Secretary of the Office of War: Alejo María Sastre y Díaz de Santa Ava, Duque de Valencia (Kein)
Secretary of State for the Interior: Don Artai Amaro de Soutomaior y Andrade Duque de la Coruna (Lyon)
Secretary of State for Public Works: Joaquín António Bakar Vélaz Gorrimendi (Jack)
Secretary of State for Development: Edwardo Enzo Andrews (Rapop)
Secretary of Church and Papal Relations: Simó de Guardiola y Hortoneda (Gurgi)

He then confirmed the Public Works Secretariat's railway plans, and further tasked them with rebuilding cities, towns, and roadways damaged during the war.

He lastly tasked the newly elevated Duques de Valencia and de la Torre, to begin reforming the army along more manageable lines.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Politics, what a lousy scheme. Why would Bakar waste his time with dealing with the intricacies of policy and deliberating how much gruel peasants were deserving of? It seemed like there would be time enough for bickering under a liberal organization, but as it stood right now, there would be plenty of money to be made if everyone just saddled up and rode with the king. The whole point of an absolutist government was, after all, to avoid this sordid nonsense and bickering. Whatever, the more time wasted, the more time wasted. Apparently Bakar's subordinates were asking him for his opinion on the current state of the government and who would come out on top between Los Amarillos and Los Tres and it was sickening at this point nobody would let him have his peace. It made him nervous. It made him nervous and angry that people would ask for his opinion. There was nowhere in Madrid to get good pintxos and there was never any fish. If another person called him Joaquín António or spoke to him with their silly Castellano lisp he would have to move back to Cuba. Not that that was really possible anymore. Bakar had gotten a letter from his wife saying that it was just oh-so-nice in Vitoria and such and such and who cared anyway he wasn't married to her for her opinion. Bakar was going to turn forty soon, which was a somewhat momentous occasion and he figured he should have a Fiesta to celebrate, it would be a good way to meet new people and what the hell it would have to happen eventually. As for politics, it could also be an interesting way to vet the current situation and see if there was anything anybody required of him and if there was any kickbacks he could receive.

Wherever his queen went, so followed Don Alejandro Fernando de Frías y Sotomayor.

200px-Escudo_de_la_Casa_de_Lazcano.svg.png

Casa de Lazcano

"Firstly, I give thanks to the Lord and to God Above for delivering the righteous King to Spain. Secondly, I thank King Carlos V for his goodwill towards myself and my family, and for entrusting me with the twin posts over the Economy and the Treasury. It is my promise that I will be responsible for good deals, great deals even, and under Trumpo, we will see a rebirth of Spanish finances, just like we will see a rebirth of Spanish power under our King.

Together, we will make Spain great again!"

- Don Aldo J. Trumpo de Lazcano

Reactions: