• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IC is 20/19 thanks to conquest and factory building. Cigar production has skyrocketed.

A very brave move, so let us see whether it is inspired or foolhardy ;)

Well you had better since you just won WritAAR of the Week, thanks to Duke of Wellington! ;)

Congrats. It is certainly deserved! Make sure to stop by the WoW thread to accept and say a few words about yourself. The only other thing you need do is enjoy the spotlight for the week and pass it off to someone else next Sunday (details in the first post of the linked thread.)

Great job! :D

Thanks, mate :D

Aaaaand here comes the update...

Chapter Seven: The War Continues

guatemala9bi.gif

It was now February the 6th, 1940. Guatemala was five times its original size, the army was 72,000 strong, but El Imperador's thirst for conquest was not sated, and his eyes turned to Panama. The Empire planned to drive its enemies all the way to the Panama canal, and when the southern front was secure, El Imperador planned to look to the north.

The battle lasted 7 hours, and approx 0.3% casualties were taken. The small nation was annexed to the Greater Guatemalan Empire on the 13th.

guatwar55mk.jpg

IC reached 24/22 - 2 IC built and 13 conquered.

Castaneda's eyes turned east, hoping to avenge Hernandez's defeat in the Mexcian Civil War.

July the 23rd - 64,000 infantry are posied on the border of Mexico, ready to take the fight northward to the boundless factories and forests of that lush nation. 1020 men were killed in the opening attack, but still the relentless Guatemalans, Hondurans, Salvadoreans, Costa Ricans, Panamans and even some Jamaicans pushed on.

Thousands of prisoners were taken from an isolated Mexcian cavalry division and finally Castaneda could understand Hernandez's fundamental principle:

Focus.

Focus your efforts and force your enemy to disperse, and there shall be victory.

And there was.

guatwar7finaltriumph6ni.jpg

Next - Victory and Betrayal

Gotta be careful of the big beastie to the north. And betrayal? Yours of Germany perhaps? Interesting.

Build up your navy. Jump over Colon and drive South. There is plenty of room there you can easily take with the exception of Brazil. Make a pincer movement with Argentina against them and all of America south of Rio Grande will be yours. And who knows, maybe one day New York City will become Ciudad Castaneda

After enjoying your Kiwi AAR, I had to check this one out. Loving it.

Vann

Thanks DCP, Folc, Vann. Don't forget to check out my other AAR, AAR Wars.

Build up your navy. Jump over Colon and drive South. There is plenty of room there you can easily take with the exception of Brazil. Make a pincer movement with Argentina against them and all of America south of Rio Grande will be yours. And who knows, maybe one day New York City will become Ciudad Castaneda

The clock is ticking... I have at most two years before the US joins the war... and I am destroyed :eek:

Chapter Eight: Betrayal

guatemala9bi.gif

January the 4th, 1941 - Guatemalan Emperor's Office

El Imperador de Guatemala swivelled around in his office on his brand new chair. He swivelled to look at the map of the world that showed Guatemala's new borders. His little country was 20 times bigger, or more. He smiled, and turned to stare out of the window at Guatemala City, and he could see how perfect it was. He smiled again.

He smiled yet again at Grand Marshal Hernandez as he strode through the double doors, arms folded behind him.

"Marshal!" he cried, "Will you not join me in partaking a cigar?" Hernandez reached into his jacket.

He withdrew a small pistol, levelled it, and fired a single shot at the Emperor's head. The bullet sliced cleanly through his head, killing him instantly.

Hernandez walked over to the grinning corpse, breathing slightly quicker than normal. The knot in his stomach was eased when he saw the row of stars on the Emperor's lapel and collar could be easily removed. He tugged them both off, snapping cotton. Four tiny black strands fell to the floor.

Hernandez pinned the stars to his lapel, and his collar. He straightened up and admired himself in the room's full-length mirror.

A fat man in a well-tailored suit and hat walked in through the double doors, and grinned.

"Well done, old boy," he rumbled, "I knew you could do it."

"You were the only one, Winston," Hernandez replied.

Churchill chuckled. "False modesty, old boy!" He patted his sides and frowned.

Hernandez said, "What's wrong, sir?"

"Do you have a cigar?"

The End

Wow, that was a quick, brief, explosive ending.