• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Let's just hope that El Presidente is not the weak part of the plan!

you can do it, reestablish the Republic of Central America, and grab some of the Mexico while you're at it.

I mean the filled in country. But rest assured, Mexico shall fall :D

Chapter Four: War!

guatemala9bi.gif

On January the 8th, Guatemala declared war on El Salvador, the start of a series of wars against her neighbours. Known in Guatemala as the Unification and in other central american nations as the Great Struggle. Outnumbered 3 to 1, the Salvadorean army folded after three days of brutal jungle and hill fighting. 230 Guatemalans were lost (mainly wounded).

guatemp11eb.jpg

When this first war was over, El Presidente triggered a great military parade to quell the fears of the people. El Salvador was a happy part of the new Guatemalan Empire.

On June the 20th, with IC 13/13 the Empire declared war on Honduras. 22,000 Guatemalan troops attacked, and were beaten back savagely with 890 casualties. Ten days later they attacked again, and this time the attack succeeded. Honduras surrendered after another 920 Guatemalans had given their lives in combat. 2,040 had been killed or wounded so far that year.

On November, with work on the idea of a Grand Battle Plan completed, Guatemala turned south to Nicaragua on December the 4th. The battle was over in a day with 330 losses. On the 12th, the government surrendered.

guatemp39au.jpg

The first part of the Unification was over. 2370 had been wounded, half of those returning to service later and half either dead or too wounded for more combat. More would follow.

Next - The Managua Conference

Short work. Now time to catch your breath?

EvilSanta: The US are pussies. All they did was break the non-aggression pact. :cool:

Stynlan: Yep, the Empire will keep quiet for a little while... and then strike

Lifeless: Got to take out the nearby British posessions and the rest of Central America before I tackle Mexico :p

Snake IV: Perhaps you're the crazy one?

Last edited:
I was drawn by the title of this one as I don't normally see AARs on Guatamala. Thus far, it is highly entertaining. ::coz1 pulls a cigar from his breast pocket and lights it:: Good to see the wars of unification going smoothly. So any chance you plan to invade Mexico in the future?

I have played up tp late 1940 so far and I can assure you Mexico shall fall ;)

I've written a couple of custom events so far, one for a conference with the USA assuring Guatemala will stay peaceful (Heh, sure) and a 'switching sides' event which will make the country a bit nicer and place her in the Allies :D

EDIT: I will be updating soon.

Last edited:
This is a very nice AAR so far, cool to see that you play with a nation that is not played to many times before in HoI. You have done well so far, it seems the great Guatemalan army is unstoppable, I look forward to read more :)

*Sits down with a cigar to wait for a new update*