“El Dorado” Expansion for Europa Universalis IV Lets You Go For Gold

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- Experience the new Nahuatl, Inti and Mayan religions with blood sacrifices or Sun Worship

Thinking about it with perspective, though... Three (or possibly even four) of the "feature" bullet points listed are for Western nations, whereas only a single point goes towards Mesoamerica and South America.

I was waiting for this. That will lead to my first AAR EVAAR.

I already got the puns!

That begs the question of whether calling Norse mythology simply Thor or Odin is acceptable, as that's essentially what they've done with the Inca.

Ahem, should be "raise" instead of "beg". :p

Personally I am excited mainly about enhanced gameplay of Central America and South America, these areas were bland before :)

And exploration suddenly got cooler.

Thinking about it with perspective, though... Three (or possibly even four) of the "feature" bullet points listed are for Western nations, whereas only a single point goes towards Mesoamerica and South America.

Well considering the history of the area in the EU-timeframe, a Meso- South America DLC was always going to be about the countries there being plundered by Europeans, more than about what they can do themselves, so it's really 4-5 bullet points for Meso- and South America.

Made an account basically to ask these two questions, heh.

1) When making a custom nation, does it have to be on uncolonised lands?
2) Can you make custom nations while in Multiplayer

As someone who basically always plays multiplayer, this is deeply important for me.

Jippie, one more dlc which is euro-centric and doesnt add mechanics to the Non-Europeans.

How could you add a lot of specific mechanics for countries like the south americans who were quickly crushed and conquered by Europeans at the beginning of the era covered by the game ? For plausability reasons the gameplay mechanics have to be tied to history, and Europeans were the major players of the time while other civilizations tended to stagnate or be conquered by them.

Features include:
- A deep Nation Designer gives you new starting options for your games, including national ideas and custom monarchs

They better let us choose our goddamn blob color and let us SAVE them templates! Improve upon CK2!

- Experience the new Nahuatl, Inti and Mayan religions with blood sacrifices or Sun Worship

So do they get a "sacrifice enemy king" option in the peace menu?
Or maybe even better, "sacrifice enemy princess"...

no wait, "sacrifice unborn child of enemy princess."! That sounds kind of evil.

18j3ygfii1iwrjpg.jpg

Although I would be fine with offering the King's testicles to the Gods.

- Send your conquistadors to hunt for the Seven Cities of Gold, or your explorer on exploration missions around the world

The AI can go hunt their seven cities of gold alone after I annexed their capital on Europe. Non-colonizers loses out on this :(

- Gold Fleets can traffic New World wealth back to Europe, and be targeted by your privateer fleets
- Use your trade fleets to hunt dangerous pirates

I thought... you can already do these things? :eek:

- Maintain good relations with the Pope so you can get a corner of the world to call your own in the Treaty of Tordesillas

Annex Popes. No treaty.

What does this means ? Are the explorers a new agent like merchants and colonists, and no longer some enhanced generals ?
I'm hoping for a more automated exploration mechanic. Like "go and find me a new sea route to India by going west".

For plausability reasons the gameplay mechanics have to be tied to history
Tied to history like Siberians researching pike and shoot formations?

If you have been watching the livestream, we are getting doom calendars among other mechanics for the Mesoamericas. The New World is getting more mechnanics, and also gets to partake in the exploration aspect besides Europe. So, I don't get how this expansion is Eurocentric when it clearly isn't.

Thsese are additions every modder could do. And still Americans will play like Europeans in shitty even after this dlc is released. Except of that, four of the six big changes this dlcs offer dont even affect the Americans.
I can only repeat myself: It makes me sad to think about what EU4 could be, but will never be. A waste of potential.

Well considering the history of the area in the EU-timeframe, a Meso- South America DLC was always going to be about the countries there being plundered by Europeans, more than about what they can do themselves, so it's really 4-5 bullet points for Meso- and South America.

This isn't about "which group in the game is most deserving of having content added."

If South America and Mesoamerica (even when combined together) are too insignificant to warrant any content, why make such an expansion in the first place, or at least why pretend that this expansion isn't yet another Europe expansion?

Last edited:
- A deep Nation Designer gives you new starting options for your games, including national ideas and custom monarchs
- Send your conquistadors to hunt for the Seven Cities of Gold, or your explorer on exploration missions around the world
- Gold Fleets can traffic New World wealth back to Europe, and be targeted by your privateer fleets
- Use your trade fleets to hunt dangerous pirates
- Maintain good relations with the Pope so you can get a corner of the world to call your own in the Treaty of Tordesillas
So
-Awesome
-Great
-I personnaly don't care much (Ipdcm)
-Great
-Ipdcm
-Awesome

Thanks so much it looks Great !