“El Dorado” Expansion for Europa Universalis IV Lets You Go For Gold

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jippie, one more dlc which is euro-centric and doesnt add mechanics to the Non-Europeans. Well, thats because the game is called EUROPA Universalis, right?
This game could be a masterpiece, but instead we get dlcs which offer no real content (And still Paradox will demand +10 $ for this one, the blind fanboys/consuments will buy it anyway), the game is still boring in peace-times and Non-Europeans still play like Europeans in shitty ("Hey, lets give the Siberians the same tech-tree as France but because they are SIBERIANS, we give them a malus in the research-reate, so they unlock "Pike and Shot" 50 years later then the French! A perfect fitting, the history perfectly representing system!").
Whatever, i am out. Wake me up when Paradox finally has the balls to change something groundbreaking.

Treaty of Tordesillas was hopelessly broken in EU2. It basically gave Spain and Portugal free reign to conquer, without so much as a war, any province in South America.

But I've every confidence EU4 will do it right. I always wondered why it wasn't in the game.

I'm hoping it doesn't do some garbage with nations not in the treaty. You already have to fight both butt buddies as a native usually so that will probably be the same...just hoping it doesn't have some derpy war or colonizing shield to non treaty nations like the hre has.

Defer to the Pope as he intervenes to divide the New World among squabbling empires.

Thats funny, there was a wiz post in the last month mocking someone for suggesting this..

Hope they pay some attention to the naval system, and hopefully make the colonial game more interesting with something to actually go after.

Jippie, one more dlc which is euro-centric and doesnt add mechanics to the Non-Europeans. Well, thats because the game is called EUROPA Universalis, right?
This game could be a masterpiece, but instead we get dlcs which offer no real content (And still Paradox will demand +10 $ for this one, the blind fanboys/consuments will buy it anyway), the game is still boring in peace-times and Non-Europeans still play like Europeans in shitty ("Hey, lets give the Siberians the same tech-tree as France but because they are SIBERIANS, we give them a malus in the research-reate, so they unlock "Pike and Shot" 50 years later then the French! A perfect fitting, the history perfectly representing system!").
Whatever, i am out. Wake me up when Paradox finally has the balls to change something groundbreaking.

- Experience the new Nahuatl, Inti and Mayan religions with blood sacrifices or Sun Worship

Looks really interesting. Particularly since they mentioned Gold Fleets, and I'm excited about hwo they will be implemented since it seems like they won't just be light ships on trade missions.

Also thinking about what the sprite pack will be about. So far all DLCs have had smaller sprite pack DLCs accompanying them, and the sprites have been for nations affected by the larger DLC, but the Spain and Portugal already got unique sprites for their colonial nations with Conquest of Paradise, and the vanilla sprites for the South and Mesoamerican natives are of the same quality as the sprite DLC, so they don't need a sprite pack.

I'm hoping for an update to the European base sprites (i.e. non-nation unique sprites), but I've been hoping for that since the EU4 launched.

That begs the question of whether calling Norse mythology simply Thor or Odin is acceptable, as that's essentially what they've done with the Inca.

Well, it does come down to the lack of a commonly-used name for the belief systems in Tawantinsuyu. "Inca Mythology" is probably too histographic, and "Inca" would run the risk of confusion.

Presumably, it's taking example with Tengriism, and the religion will simply be called "Intiism" or "Intism."

Treaty of Tordesillas was hopelessly broken in EU2. It basically gave Spain and Portugal free reign to conquer, without so much as a war, any province in South America.

But I've every confidence EU4 will do it right. I always wondered why it wasn't in the game.

AI barely used that iirc.

My guess is you'll have to buy rights to colonial region from Pope for influence. And you'll get free CB on any other colony in region. Would it be worth it?
I hope I'm wrong and there's much more interesting idea at work.

If you have been watching the livestream, we are getting doom calendars among other mechanics for the Mesoamericas. The New World is getting more mechnanics, and also gets to partake in the exploration aspect besides Europe. So, I don't get how this expansion is Eurocentric when it clearly isn't.

Don't know if this has been asked and answered yet but:

Is this expansion designed and built to be compatible with the random new world feature in Conquest of Paradise?

I'm hoping it doesn't do some garbage with nations not in the treaty. You already have to fight both butt buddies as a native usually so that will probably be the same...just hoping it doesn't have some derpy war or colonizing shield to non treaty nations like the hre has.
Or shield to keep Portugal and Spain CNs from fighting since that's the only time they aren't allies anyway.

Will treasure fleets work for non Europeans too?

so useless dlc, south america is useless and unimportant, more internal mechanics and something to do in peacetime would be way more better. i also dont like this fantasy stuff like azetcs invade europa with sunset or something