El Dorado: Announcement, Patch Notes, Developer Diaries and Videos

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would assume a significant amount of people are going to be playing custom nations for now on. I would make it user friendly in linking culture events. Either by being on the Japanese mainland or having their culture (you choose), means sharing events.

The reason I came here though, is that it would be interesting if the rival system was made a bit more complex through this. Since "Made Up Country" has no historical rivals, it would be interested if you could make historical friends or foes over decades of disagreement.
Sometimes it would be cool if there was a little bit more gray territory, where a country you may think will work with or fight with you, continues to turn you down and gives a real grudge.
I know this expansion partially works with subject nations, and for sure allies/enemies seem fairly generic.
While I don't need a 15 person extended family, each trying to have their own way, more personable kingdoms (either by the rulers personality) or in general would make for some more random playthrough's.

I didn't see High American as a tech group in the nation designer in the stream. It's too bad playing in this tech group would have been awesome and being able to become of this tech group like westernisation would be awesome too.

As for leaders having the limit going up would be great or at least having a different land and naval limit for leaders especially if conquistadors and explorers can't really have the same impact as admirals and generals in wars.