• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aug 25, 2003
Visit site
The War was over. Germany had lost. The last desparate push for victory had smashed against the trenches of the Allies. Bolstered by their new American friends, the British and French had held firm, and Germany had fallen, exhausted.

1919 was the year. The shrunken Austria declared itself part of Germany. After much deliberation and (humiliatingly) outright pleading from the interim government of Germany to the Americans, the Anschluss was approved. Germans welcomed the news, unsuspecting of the outrages to come.

France was enraged by the American concession, and demanded a reversal of the Anschluss and the harshest possible terms placed on the Germans, perhaps even going as far as tearing the German state asunder.

The American influence could only go so far. The Treaty signed in the Palace of Versailles was brutal to Germany. Her colonies were ripped away, lands that had been German for three hundred years given to a Frankenstein Poland, Elsass-Lothringen was lost to the French again. The once-proud German Army was reduced to 100,000 men, the Navy abolished. Germany was forced to pay war indemnities to the French for an undetermined amount of time.

Germany accepted these terms. What else could she do? But anger rose up in the Fatherland...

France signed an alliance with Italy in June of 1919. The enlarged Serbia joined shortly afterwards. The bastard French even went so far as to sign an alliance with the Bolshevik Communists in the East. Germany was surrounded.

Other nations realized the plight of the Germans, however. Hungary, also shrunken after the Great War, signed a Defensive Alliance with Germany. Sweden went further, declaring a full alliance with the German Republic. The most welcome news came in December, however. The United States guaranteed the new borders of Germany, and declared she would protect Germany in cases of aggression.

It is now January 2, 1920. The German Republic has had its first election, and the new Reichspräsident stands by the windows in his office, casting a cold look over the city of Berlin.

Suddenly, a realization.

"Mein Gott, I have no idea what I'm doing!"

85c01465.jpg

The German Republic

(Those extra troops? Oh, they're...um...'Border Defense Patrols'... from Austria. <_< >_>)

stats1.png

stats2.png

Stats of the German Republic.

---------
I'm using the 1919-1933 Scenario mod, with my own special events for a 1919 Anschluss (self-determination!) and the No Time Limit. Since it's NTL, I dunno when it'll end. Maybe when GERMANY ALONE STANDS, AS THE SUPREME OVERLORD OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE! AHAHAHAHAHAHA*cough*

Now, since NTL is involved, this will pass through the 1933-1945 years. Please abide by the forum rules in your comments, as I will in my AAR. Also, the Nazis will not win, I can tell you that right now. So, let's speak of this subject no more.

Last edited:
Interesting, Rocketman. I'll keep watch on this one.

Rocketman said:
...the Nazis will not win..
wonderful! ! will you be able to port the game over to HOI or HOI2 when 1936 arrives? :cool:

i'm in! ! :D

Well I'm glad he's not the only one who doesn't have a clue of what to do.

Interesting, it will be fun to see an AAR that is off the beaten path. I personally haven't played the 1919 mod, so I look forward to seeing how it will play out.

GhostWriter: I actually think I'll stay with Vicky, since the Mod has some events for a resurgent Germany.
----------

Jan 14 - 40,000 radicals storm the Reichstag! Berlin is placed under martial law!

Police: Hey! Hey, you! No bending your knees while walking!

Feb 3 - The Allies demand we give 890 of our officers to them for trials.

Reichspräsident: Hell no!

Allies: You'll get 5 badboy if you don't. And you border the USSR and France and have a tiny army. :)

Reichspräsident: I'll be good...

But, in the dark secret places of the Republic (A beer hall in Munich), Germany is rearming. 5 divisions are now ready to be mobilized once the Reichspräsident gives the word....

Jun 13 - Makhanovshchina offers a defensive alliance.

Reichspräsident: Um, ya know, we really would, but you're a two province minor surrounded by the USSR, which also has cores on you.

This does not discourage them, and they ask a few more times every few months. Also, Sweden is our good friend.

Jul 16 - Germany wins the Nobel Prizes in Chemistry and Physics.

Germany: SMRT!

Aug 15 - France demands her reparations. She gets 210,000 pounds. ****ers...

Sept 3 - Apparently suspicious of us for some reason, Belgium enters a full alliance with France.

Oct 10 - So, in (secret) response, another 5 divisions are ready. Germany now has 10 secret divisions.

Nov 26 - A Bank Inspection Board is set up.

Reichspräsident: It will surely protect the Republic from any major stock market crashes! ... Surely!

Mar 8 - The traitorous French and Belgians march across our border and seize control of the Rheinland!

Reichspräsident: Oh hell. Now I'll never win the next election....

Jun 19 - 15 secret divisions.

Jun 27 - Revolts in Vienna! 10,000 communists rise up in the city. An artillery-infantry division is sent to 'deal with' them.

Aug 10 - The Communists have been defeated.

Sept 1 - France takes 100,000 pounds from us, and still sits on the Rheinland.

Dec 27 - Reid also rises up in Communist revolt. The Cavalry Corps charges to suppress them.

As for Adolph Hitler?
-------
Berlin, Germany
Jan 1, 1922

AH_1913_11x16cm.jpg

Reichspräsident: I love it!

Hitler: You...you do?!

Reichspräsident: Yes! I wish to hire you. What do you say?

Hitler: WOO! *rips off his armband and trashes it, proceeds to do the Happy Hitler Dance on the Reichstag lawn*
-------

628df361.jpg

France and her allies.

Black line is Germany, blue are Germany's allies. Sweden loves us (+200), Hungary is around 0. Other countries that like us are the Netherlands and the USA.

Last edited:
Damned French stealing the Rhineland from you.

Rocketman: I actually think I'll stay with Vicky..

OK, thanks for the info. :)

...Black line is Germany, blue are Germany's allies. Sweden loves us (+200), Hungary is around 0. Other countries that like us are the Netherlands and the USA.

that is an awful short list of countries in the positive list! ! :rolleyes:

oh, what does your industry look like? French industry? Soviet and UK industry? :cool:

Heh, heh. If only they showed little Adolf the love all those years ago, the world might have been spared. Misunderstood artist indeed. ;)

Never played Vicky, but looking at this AAR I would like to. Nice start, KUTGW :)

GhostWriter: The UK is second with 1220, I'm third with 752, France is fourth with 619, and the SU has only 206. The US rules with 1286.

It's not that those're the only but that like me, but they're about the only ones who could make a difference. ;)

GrimReaper: Yes. Join us....

------

Jan 10 - The Communists in Reid are put down. We also push some DI towards the Netherlands.

Mar 8 - France sets up a satellite state in the Rhineland, effectively splitting it from Germany! Vengance takes hold of the German Volk...

May 4 - 20 divisions have been set up in secret.

Sept 3 - Another payment. 45,000 pounds are sent to France.

Oct 30 - To the south in Italy, Mussolini becomes Prime Minister. Germany watches with interest...

Nov 30 - 25 secret divisions. Sankt Polten Reds revolt.

Dec 7 - Before the army can arrive, the people of Sankt Polten rise up and crush the Reds!

Jan 14 - Red Vienna. Also, a defensive alliance is signed with the Netherlands.

ReichsPräsident: I am glad we could come to an understanding.

Dutch: Ya, I em glaed az voll.

ReichsPräsident: ... What?

Feb 3- Reds crushed in Vienna again.

Commie 1: Hey guys, I don't think this is working.

Commie 2: ... *stabs*

Jul 2 - 50,000 pounds to France, the entire surplus built up over the last year.

Aug 12 - 30 secret divisions.

Aug 20 - Portugal offers a defensive alliance. We accept.

ReichsPräsident: We're got friends in low places.

US: Where the whiskey drowns

Sweden: And the beer chases the blues away...

Sept 17 - Bolt Action Rifles developed. :D

Oct 2 - Midterm elections begun. German citizens advised to leave their radios off.

Nov 11 - The in-game GER-FRA peace treaty runs out.

1923 ends with a new railroad begun in Munich, and the anger of the German Volk rising. Mussolini seems to be doing quite well in Italy...

683e114a.jpg

The bastard state in the Rhineland.

Just what I was going to ask - a guest-soldier programme??? ;)

"Feb 3- Reds crushed in Vienna again.

Commie 2: ... *stabs*"

As awesome as usually.Good job.

EvilSanta said:
"Feb 3- Reds crushed in Vienna again.

Commie 2: ... *stabs*"

Commie 3: Fool! You just killed a third of our manpower!

Commie 2: ... *stabs*

Amazing AAR! The comedy is fantastic!

Woo, another rocketman AAR going. Already a must-read. :)