• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Emperor_krk

Mǎlum incarnatum
20 Badges
Mar 4, 2006
www.europa-universalis.com
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Cities in Motion
  • Heir to the Throne
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion 2
I thought a thread separate from the GRT would be a good idea.
You said Matty, that most of the shields could be taken from mods already existing. Could you provide me with a list of countries scheduled for Interregnum 2? Possibly with a short explanation following some more 'exotic' ones I wouldn't know of or purely fantasy ones...
I will then browse through that list and post proposals for each country.

Peter

Emperor_krk said:
I thought a thread separate from the GRT would be a good idea.
You said Matty, that most of the shields could be taken from mods already existing. Could you provide me with a list of countries scheduled for Interregnum 2? Possibly with a short explanation following some more 'exotic' ones I wouldn't know of or purely fantasy ones...
I will then browse through that list and post proposals for each country.

Peter

I will make that my current project. Expect some kind of meaningful reply in the next two days.

Regards,

Matty

As you might have seen in my AAR (provided you've ever had time to spare it a glance ;)), I'll be away for a week, maybe a bit more - therefore my work is suspended until then. I hope this doesn't discourage you in any way from compiling and putting here the list I asked you of ;).

The file is ready and can be downloaded from here.

Some notes:

1. I couldn't find the origin of all the flags. Some came from older websites which now seem to have disappeared. Other's I though were from Kaigon's site, but I can't seem to find them.

2. City of London

Left out the link. Here it is.

http://www.allstates-flag.com/fotw/flags/gb-lond.html

3. Nippon

Needs to be designed yet, and will begin the game as a number (4 or f5) independent states. A united Hippon is obviously possible, and would use the normal Nippon flag.

4. Other states may come too. If so, I would contact you with some kind of artwork.

5. Artwork is required still for some states, especially those in central america. No real idea what to do with these.

6. All the MattyG stuff were simple one and two colour designs I did myself. You could do the same. It doesn't really matter too much what these flags look like. They are small nations that no-one will play and have a very very minor role in the game (at least, at present ...)

7. Brittany

The main flag needs to be this one

http://pic.srv4.wapedia.mobi/thumb/d36f14078/en/max/720/900/Flag_of_Brittany.svg?format=jpg,png,gif

But it's hard to put into a shield. Keep the tradition black cross for the shield.

Thanks again,

Matty

Last edited:
It seems this will take more time than I expected unfortunately - till now I've done the first 80 shields (well, 'done' is an overstatement - that was just looking for them and copying them from AGCEEP and vanilla EGUFSM - right now I'm leaving for later all shields that require either to be consulted with you or just reworking them into EGUFSM format, like those by Kaigon). The thing is - I'm going on a week-long sailing trip, so I'll be AFK for that long, which will procrastinate my further work on this, unfortunately.
Sorry about it.
However, once I return, I will get down to it.

Emperor_krk said:
It seems this will take more time than I expected unfortunately - till now I've done the first 80 shields (well, 'done' is an overstatement - that was just looking for them and copying them from AGCEEP and vanilla EGUFSM - right now I'm leaving for later all shields that require either to be consulted with you or just reworking them into EGUFSM format, like those by Kaigon). The thing is - I'm going on a week-long sailing trip, so I'll be AFK for that long, which will procrastinate my further work on this, unfortunately.
Sorry about it.
However, once I return, I will get down to it.

Nothing good was ever done quickly.

This will be for use with Interregnum 2, anyway, for which we don't even have a map, so you have a lot of time ...

Any recent progress here?
None, unfortunately. I admit I have overestimated myself - I have a great lot of school stuff to do (long live being in a graduating class...), lots of learning for the exams... I can't promise anything right now, but I'm going to have 2 weeks of free time from February 14 onwards - I hope I manage to finally get down to this then. I am sorry, Matty.

By the way, is there any account of any progress on 1) Garbon's map 2) SCT's work?

By the way, is there any account of any progress on 1) Garbon's map 2) SCT's work?

I am certain that there is progress, but I suspect it is slow, and I don't have any priviledged knowledge of their progress.