• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Birger Jarl, I was just wondering, could you make it so that the game has these shields in the early times, and then in the Baroque times, have them switch to the baroque-style shields, and then when it nears the end of the game, have them switch to Vicky-style flags? That would be really cool!!

XieChengnuo said:
Hey Birger Jarl, I was just wondering, could you make it so that the game has these shields in the early times, and then in the Baroque times, have them switch to the baroque-style shields, and then when it nears the end of the game, have them switch to Vicky-style flags? That would be really cool!!

Lol; I think that is near impossible ...

XieChengnuo said:

It sure would be, but I'll put that on hold for the moment. Got to much stuff going on right now... :wacko:

Feel free to do it if you want though. ;)

Flame of Udûn said:
could we have a religious map screenshot too please? :)

screenshot_religion.gif

I had a spare 5 minutes today so I fiddled with the war thing a little more. No variation of flames across the strip yet. Not great IMO, but at worst a nice little stand-in for any shield shape.

shield_war.bmp

So Birger, when can we expect to sample the fruits of your labour?

---------
|AXiN| - I threw this together just now:

__religions.bmp

It's not exactly the same as CatLord's, some of the icons have to be narrower to fit, some I've edited from my earlier one, but I've tried to keep it looking pretty much the same. I don't have any more time at the moment, so I haven't tested it to see if I used the right palette, might need to clean up a few dodgy pixels, etc but I'll fix it up later.

Last edited:
cccino said:
I had a spare 5 minutes today so I fiddled with the war thing a little more. No variation of flames across the strip yet. Not great IMO, but at worst a nice little stand-in for any shield shape.

shield_war.bmp

So Birger, when can we expect to sample the fruits of your labour?

---------
|AXiN| - I threw this together just now:

__religions.bmp

It's not exactly the same as CatLord's, some of the icons have to be narrower to fit, some I've edited from my earlier one, but I've tried to keep it looking pretty much the same. I don't have any more time at the moment, so I haven't tested it to see if I used the right palette, might need to clean up a few dodgy pixels, etc but I'll fix it up later.

Great stuff cccino! :D

Hopefully I'll have something for you this weekend, I still got some coa shields left todo, then I'll release the LOM, (Latin/Orthodox Mod) :)

I was also thinking of implementing the updated religion graphics by cccino, the new resources, (just gotta ask the original artists for permission first), and the minimap by me. :)

Either stop teasing us or release it immediately! :mad: :D

Simply fantastic btw. Wish you had had this idea two years ago when I was totally addicted to EUII. Still, looking forward to try them. :)

Last edited:
What should we do with the smallshield_xxx.bmp btw? Should we leave them as it is or change them to the specific shape??

Birger Jarl said:
What should we do with the smallshield_xxx.bmp btw? Having different shapes doesn't work that well as with the shield_xxx.bmp

Well; I'm content with the large shields only, really.

I'm stunned and amazed as how they look ingame :)

Well it works pretty good to have different shapes with the smallshield, except one thing. The in-game menu can only handle one shape... Don't know how to solve it right now... :(

Nikolai II said:
Can you make it bigger for the odd shapes? Else maybe better to use the basic template? Or maybe basic shield and rectangular flag as option?

You could but I don't think it will look that good in the 'Send Merchant' menu...

Status
Not open for further replies.