• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Birger Jarl said:
For the muslim countries we could use someting like this. :)
(Simple thing that I made in 10 min, needs some tweaking...)

granada.gif
Looking good, man.

Birger Jarl said:
That sure looks sweet!! Excellent work as always. :)
Heh, I don't know about that, I think it's quite dodgy. More an example of the concept I had. I'll admit I'm a fan of the crossed swords though :).

Birger Jarl said:
Maybe we should redo the graphics in the Diplomatic Mod so it has the same style.
:confused: What's wrong with the Diplo Mod?

cccino said:
Looking good, man.

Heh, I don't know about that, I think it's quite dodgy. More an example of the concept I had. I'll admit I'm a fan of the crossed swords though :).

Thanks, one problem though. The spanish coa will be visible in the "war message"... :(

Yeah the crossed swords are definitly a go go. :)

I guess the Diplo Mod is ok, just in a need of a uppdate.

cccino said:

It doesn't quite match those new swords - the hands look to big and crude when compared to the slim swords?

Birger Jarl said:
Thanks, one problem though. The spanish coa will be visible in the "war message"... :(
Only solution I can think of is a small placeholder CoA for Spain (not totally invisible, so it can be selected at game start) and an instant event that changes the CoA to what it should be. Not optimal :(

cccino said:
Only solution I can think of is a small placeholder CoA for Spain (not totally invisible, so it can be selected at game start) and an instant event that changes the CoA to what it should be. Not optimal :(
and, IIRC, the CoA that is behind the message box is based on what SPA's shield is, so if we use an invisible shield for SPA, then change to a visible shield, the CoA behind the message box will first be an invisible shield, and then change to a visible shield :(

I had the same problems with non-rectangular shields in Vicky. :( :( :(

XieChengnuo said:
and, IIRC, the CoA that is behind the message box is based on what SPA's shield is, so if we use an invisible shield for SPA, then change to a visible shield, the CoA behind the message box will first be an invisible shield, and then change to a visible shield :(

I had the same problems with non-rectangular shields in Vicky. :( :( :(

Could you set Spain to a U-tag instead and have the shield_spa.bmp left as blank? :confused:

Birger Jarl said:
Could you set Spain to a U-tag instead and have the shield_spa.bmp left as blank? :confused:

Nah - would screw up all events, including ToT and Spains 'special' CBs..

Only thing to do is to test if Xie is right and it can't be circumvented by having an event - if so then Spain might have to have a small and silly shield (or all other shieldtypes need to be made bigger - or a graphics glitch has to be accepted..)

Nikolai II said:
It doesn't quite match those new swords - the hands look to big and crude when compared to the slim swords?
I realised I should have put the shadow side of the swords downwards. And possibly could make them fatter, a la:

war4.gif

Nikolai II said:
Nah - would screw up all events, including ToT and Spains 'special' CBs..

Only thing to do is to test if Xie is right and it can't be circumvented by having an event - if so then Spain might have to have a small and silly shield (or all other shieldtypes need to be made bigger - or a graphics glitch has to be accepted..)
Xie is right. IMHO, it'd be better to have the glitch than a silly round Spain shield. At any rate, I assume you're working on the normal shields first, so it's a problem that can be deferred...

Adam Breit said:
Majbe you could ask Johan for a possible - fix ? :confused:
Birger Jarl said:
I just did that, anxiously waiting for a reply. :)
...Unless Johan can offer a solution? :eek:

OMG! :eek: I'm out for a week and when I return I found all this new and excellent work by BJ and cccino. Congratulations to both of you!

Well, I must say I'd love to see how these new graphics work in the Mongol Empire Scenario ;)

mfigueras said:
OMG! :eek: I'm out for a week and when I return I found all this new and excellent work by BJ and cccino. Congratulations to both of you!

Well, I must say I'd love to see how these new graphics work in the Mongol Empire Scenario ;)

Glad you like all of it. :)
I think it will look really sweet in the MES. :D

Finished the muslim template last night, only the African left now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.