• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Er... right, FF0000 :p

Anyhow, you can make a new palette for the interface, but to do that you need to set ALL the interface graphics to that palette, or all the colours will be f'ked up. Still, if you batch it, it shouldn't be too tough.

It looks like you're well on your way to that reskin I was talking about ages ago but never got the initiative to do ;)

cccino said:
Got the semi-transparency to work by using the colortable .\Gfx\palette\Palette.act and changing the first two to meet my transp. and semi-t. requirements. Not the best range of colours, though. EU was obviously forcing this palette on my test graphic (with semi-t), but it wasn't doing it before. Weird.

Sweet thing! :cool:

Mad King James said:
Er... right, FF0000 :p

Anyhow, you can make a new palette for the interface, but to do that you need to set ALL the interface graphics to that palette, or all the colours will be f'ked up. Still, if you batch it, it shouldn't be too tough.

I know you wanna do this. ;)

cccino said:
Well... no. I'd forgotten about that when I posted that comment. I've since checked and seen that, for example, the flag is narrower than the shield.

I'll redo the flagtemplate a bit, adding +1 pixel on each side on the flags. :)

Last edited:
What about the shadow, should it be in? If so, should we use it on both the flag and the shield? I think it has a nice effect. :)

Last edited:
Birger Jarl said:
What about the shadow, should it be in or out? :)
See what everyone else thinks. Hmmm... I reckon leave it as it is. You won't be able to get the semi-transparency to work in 24-bit anyhow. Nice avatar by the way ;) I guess it would break your heart to lose the shadow, huh.

[edit:] For the flag? Probably. Can we see what it looks like?

Oh, and you changed the CoA template on the previous page? I downloaded it (shield_template this time, not template_shield) and it was actually the flag template. I thought I must have taken the wrong one, so I did it again but the link seems to be broken now :confused:.

Yeah that shadow is really nice, so is my shield. Thanks! :D

Yupl, I updated it a bit, fixed minor things that I looked weird.
Oh, I must have been drunk or something when I uploaded the template... :eek:o
I'll fix it asap when I get home. :)

Flag with shadow coming up.

I'll begin with agreeing with everyone else, GREAT WORK!

While I still liked the folded shields more, the unfolded ones look great too. The reason I write this though is that I think the CB swords ((I think it was that at least?) should point upwards. Is there a special reason why they are point down?

Doomfarer said:
I'll begin with agreeing with everyone else, GREAT WORK!

While I still liked the folded shields more, the unfolded ones look great too. The reason I write this though is that I think the CB swords ((I think it was that at least?) should point upwards. Is there a special reason why they are point down?

Thanks Doomfarer!

The CB swords aren't in use right now, I used the lightning cloud in the diplomatic mod instead, a bit modded. :)

Birger Jarl said:
Thanks Doomfarer!

The CB swords aren't in use right now, I used the lightning cloud in the diplomatic mod instead, a bit modded. :)

Can You download your work, somewhere ? :)

Ahh... after reading through all 14 pages in one go, I wasn't sure what was in and what was out anymore. :wacko:

Perhaps you should make the marriage crown float a bit above the shield to make it clearer?

I just have to join the hail to Birger Jarl movement. You've made some awesome shields before, and these are even better. I hope Paradox hire you as the shield-master when they begin the development of Europa Universalis 3 ;)

Ulyanov said:
I just have to join the hail to Birger Jarl movement. You've made some awesome shields before, and these are even better. I hope Paradox hire you as the shield-master when they begin the development of Europa Universalis 3 ;)

I wonder when he will make these new schields Downloadable :)

... And majbe he is already a Shield master-Beta for EU3 :D

Ulyanov said:

Thanks Ulyanov! I'm quite pleased myself with the result, hope other users will enjoy them :)

Adam Breit said:
I wonder when he will make these new schields Downloadable :)

... And majbe he is already a Shield master-Beta for EU3 :D

I've started making the shields as we speak, hopefully I have something for you this weekend. :cool:

cccino said:
Oh, and you changed the CoA template on the previous page? I downloaded it (shield_template this time, not template_shield) and it was actually the flag template. I thought I must have taken the wrong one, so I did it again but the link seems to be broken now :confused:.

Here's the template again. :)

shield_template.jpg

CoA Template

For the muslim countries we could use someting like this. :)
(Simple thing that I made in 10 min, needs some tweaking...)

granada.gif

EDIT:
muslim.jpg

Hmm, need some more work and the first try looks even better... :wacko:

Last edited:
How about something like this for the war sprites?

war0.gif
war1.gif

Except, obviously, better flames...

[edit:] Changed sword angle to make shield more visible. And of course different flames ;)
war2.gif
war3.gif

As a concept, what d'y'all think?

[edit2:] How about an actual screenshot?

warS1.gif

Last edited:
That sure looks sweet!! Excellent work as always. :)
Maybe we should redo the graphics in the Diplomatic Mod so it has the same style.

Status
Not open for further replies.