• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Birger Jarl
I agree, a shieldsize like this would probably be more appropiate.
Smaller than the original EU2 shields but bigger at the same time. :)

aragon.gif
france.gif
mainz.gif
mazovia.gif
navarre.gif
pommern.gif
ragusa.gif
denmark.gif

Ah... these have to be in EU3!! They are beautiful!!
You are my hero, Birger Jarl! :D

Originally posted by mfigueras
In fact we're discussing your work at languish, on the Mongol Scenario fora. A feature that puzzles us is the change in the design from the first shields you posted here: why that "folding" line at the middle of the shields? wouldn't it be better to give them a "roundish" or "bumped" or [damn-I-don't-know-how-to-call-it] style.

You can have them with or without the "folding line", I took some ideas from Svea Rike when I did them thought it looked good.
But like I said, I haven't decided anything yet besides the size.

Originally posted by The Chocolate monk
Looks great! I'd much rather have these new shields, then the old ones.......

Keep up the good work!

Originally posted by Ulyanov
Ah... these have to be in EU3!! They are beautiful!!
You are my hero, Birger Jarl! :D

Thanx guys, not that difficult really and I bet MKJ could do a even better job. :)
But I will probably make a complete GUFSM version of this.

You can have them with or without the "folding line", I took some ideas from Svea Rike when I did them thought it looked good.
But like I said, I haven't decided anything yet besides the size.

I guess I have to give my vote for the "folding-line" here. That is what made your shields look so good. That little extra... ;)

I think so too, the shields get a nice touch with the "folding line"... :)

EDIT: Here's the pic that I've used for inspiration...

srIII.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, here are the shields without the"folding line" that makes them look like a spaceship according to kaspernus.... :D

aragon.gif
france.gif
mainz.gif
mazovia.gif

arg.gif
fra.gif
mai.gif
maz.gif

Definitely I prefer those without the line, they seem more like real shields, but it could be a matter of tastes, of course.

Ok, here are the shields without the"folding line" that makes them look like a spaceship according to kaspernus.... :D

aragon.gif
france.gif
mainz.gif
mazovia.gif

arg.gif
fra.gif
mai.gif
maz.gif

They look really better in the 2nd version imo (and yes, spaceship was possibly a wrong wordchoice... 'futuristic' I meant... make me think of some films/games with robot-battles and such ;))

HO HO HO :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: - THIS IS FANTALASTIC!!

Danm these are good!
When will something workable be out??? :rolleyes:

Btw I like the large size ones you posted first (w/ folding line) - why did you make them smaller ?

Originally posted by Ulyanov
Wow!!

Now that I see them besides each other, I really see how big difference that "folding line" does. They are rather boring without. Beautiful with!! :D

Actually I think it differs from shield to shield :D

Shields with pictures on them win on the folding line, but shields that are only striped from side to side looses from it, IMHO :)

aragon1.gif
france1.gif
mainz1.gif
mazovia1.gif
navarre1.gif
pommern1.gif
ragusa1.gif
denmark1.gif

Ok, hmm, now I can't decide....
Gotta make some adjusments. I know, especially in the top left corner... :p

Last edited:
Personally I don't think these are so good. I liked them better when they were more "2D", now they have a little "twitch" to the side. And they look more foggy/blurry than before... What have you done??!!?? :D

Originally posted by Daywalker
HO HO HO :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: - THIS IS FANTALASTIC!!

Danm these are good!
When will something workable be out??? :rolleyes:

Btw I like the large size ones you posted first (w/ folding line) - why did you make them smaller ?

Thanx, the first ones look too big if you compare it to the map. At least to my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.