• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
YodaMaster said:
Interesting link but aren't the CoAs very recent for Novgorod as free state in 1419?

the top one is 1419, it was not the flag though. the flag had a trident head on it

Any thoughts on when EGUFSM 1.3 comes marching in?

Well, that doesn't say that the coat of arms dates back to 1419. The earliest date I've seen is 1781...

Found another interesting "shield"

Arms0461.jpg

№4. coat of arms on the map of East Europe (and Russia) 1562-1572 yr. is possible the coat of arms of Novgorod (region Of [vologdy], [Kargopolya], Dvina).

http://goldarms.narod.ru/opus2.htm

Birger said:
Well, that doesn't say that the coat of arms dates back to 1419. The earliest date I've seen is 1781...

Found another interesting "shield"

Arms0461.jpg

№4. coat of arms on the map of East Europe (and Russia) 1562-1572 yr. is possible the coat of arms of Novgorod (region Of [vologdy], [Kargopolya], Dvina).

http://goldarms.narod.ru/opus2.htm

the black and white shield?

the novgorod republic only lasted till 1458, if novgorod republic is novgorod the great then they where around from the 14th century to 1458 , then its the COA.

Birger said:
Well it's nothing else that the different shieldframes I did for EUIII but currently converting to EUII. :)

deluxe.gif

dreamcatcher.gif

I've only done the latin/orthodox and muslim shield so far, the others are still a bit "rough" and need a beed tweaking before they're done.

Nifty.

Ayeshteni

Download:
EGUFSM NAPOLEON

The link for EGUFSM's napoleon seems broken. Could someone re-upload it and give the link? Thanks.

Isn't it better to use the one of the Earldom?

Birger said:
Perhaps, but the lion holding an axe is showing that Iceland is part of Norway.

What about the 1500 coat of arms? (Not made on Wikipedia, but there is a description:)

"Around or after 1500 the Icelandic coat of arms became a crowned stockfish on a red shield. It is known as the Þorskmerkið (the cod markings) and the cod was occasionally depicted in a fresh form."