• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice Idea Alex (!)

cool-toxic said:
Yeah think so, but if he doesn't got any spare time, then there's mine;)

Thanks, maybe we should use it with MDM? :rolleyes:

Yeah!! Get on MSN!

;)

Herr Doctor said:

And one more

250px-Hunyadi_Matyas_TK.jpg

jorian said:
...ect.

You must know our history to understand our heraldry ;)

Yeah but the ones you posted are "modern" flags.
Well except the last one...

we had many flags dependant on the ruler, his ancestors, the 'provinces' he ruled, what century there was, ect.

the simple red/white stripped flag has the most meaning: its representing the Árpád house, the creators of Hungary, but it also represents that this land is the land of Saint Stephen, and also that the bearer of the flag is the rightful ruler. (also it has its meaning why we have that number of red and white stripes)

the 'double cross' was given in 1001 to St. Stephen, its the symbole of joining the one true faith, and the acknowledgement of the other Nations towards the newly created Hungarian Kingdom.

'the three hills' show 3 of our greatest natural 'bastions' (mountains), of those we still sadly have only one in our borders :(

All rulers used the double cross and the 'Árpád stripes' somehow, mostly on seperated flags and not unified in one. Other nations acknowledged the most the Árpád stripes, but also the double cross gained importance. in the 11th-12nd century they finally 'meet each other' in one CoA, in MANY variations. The most official was the one similar to what we use now, but our flag was mostly unchanged: the simple stripes. There were some exceptions of course, like the Hungarian Anjou era (half-french flag)

I suggest the use of the striped flag that is nearly half-cut (sorry dont know english word for it) of the original gamesize flag, and some events to change CoA-s with time (and some very small number of events what change the flag also, like the Anjou era)

Here's one more...

8_16_stephen2.jpg

jorian said:
we had many flags dependant on the ruler, his ancestors, the 'provinces' he ruled, what century there was, ect.

It was like that everywhere in Europe. ;)

the simple red/white stripped flag has the most meaning: its representing the Árpád house, the creators of Hungary, but it also represents that this land is the land of Saint Stephen, and also that the bearer of the flag is the rightful ruler. (also it has its meaning why we have that number of red and white stripes)

the 'double cross' was given in 1001 to St. Stephen, its the symbole of joining the one true faith, and the acknowledgement of the other Nations towards the newly created Hungarian Kingdom.

All rulers used the double cross and the 'Árpád stripes' somehow, mostly on seperated flags and not unified in one. Other nations acknowledged the most the Árpád stripes, but also the double cross gained importance. in the 11th-12nd century they finally 'meet each other' in one CoA, in MANY variations. The most official was the one similar to what we use now, but our flag was mostly unchanged: the simple stripes. There were some exceptions of course, like the Hungarian Anjou era (half-french flag)

I suggest the use of the striped flag that is nearly half-cut (sorry dont know english word for it) of the original gamesize flag, and some events to change CoA-s with time (and some very small number of events what change the flag also, like the Anjou era)

I know pretty much how the Hungarian coat of arms looked like in the 17th century and forward. I'm interested in the timeperiod prior to that. :)

These images is quite interesting but they could easily be the result of misunderstanding the heraldic tinctures.

Birger said:
Here's one more...

8_16_stephen2.jpg

It was like that everywhere in Europe. ;)

I know pretty much how the Hungarian coat of arms looked like in the 17th century and forward. I'm interested in the timeperiod prior to that. :)

These images is quite interesting but they could easily be the result of misunderstanding the heraldic tinctures.

It would help if you say WHO ruled in the timeperiod of what you want the CoA/flag for.