• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hive said:
How about a sun?

Round shields would look too much like moslem, neh? ;)

But this is round - and still isn't - http://righteye.free.fr/ftpperso.free.fr/aztec-dessins-soleil.jpg
aztec-dessins-soleil.jpg

Else I'd suggest something like a flag, but less wide at the top than at the base (trapeze? trapets or parallelltrapets in swedish)

This mod is getting better and better; And I usually do not like mods ...

But this one is great !; all those ideas.

Love the African ones. :)

How about something like this for the mesoamerican indians:

shield2.jpg

This particular shield was carried by an Aztec Jaguar Warrior and is called Quetzalcuexyochimalli ("Quetzal feather Huaxtec shield"). :cool:

From Aztec and Texcalan shields.

With the feather fringe, it would be awesome IMO.

Last edited:
Can you offer the template for download? Please? Please? Please-please-please?

(that's the point were you tell me you already did.)

Mad King James said:
Nah great minds just think alike is all ;)

Couldn't agree with you more on that one, great job btw, looks great (as always). :)

cccino said:
How goes it BJ? Anything tedious I can do?

I was away this weekend so I haven't done that much... If you want you can do the North-, Central and Southamerican shields. :)

Last edited:
Birger Jarl said:
I was away this weekend so I haven't done that much... I you want you can do the North-, Central and Southamerican shields. :)
Heh - I was thinking more like plugging GUFSM images into a template... :p

Say, since Johan is doing 1.08 betas, whaddya think the chances of getting a fix for the evil Spain shield underlay?

BTW, MKJ, when I try your Atzec template I get "Unknown data has been encountered reading layer "Standard" and will be discarded..." and "Some layer sets were found corrupted..." But what comes out at the end of it seems graphically ok, even if there's a few oddities in the layer names... :confused:

cccino said:
Heh - I was thinking more like plugging GUFSM images into a template... :p

Say, since Johan is doing 1.08 betas, whaddya think the chances of getting a fix for the evil Spain shield underlay?

You can do that as well. ;) I haven't decided what to use for the Asian countries yet...

That's a good idea, but I don't wanna bother him anymore right now... :eek:o

Birger Jarl said:
You can do that as well. ;) I haven't decided what to use for the Asian countries yet...
Hey, I just want to use your wonderful mod as soon as possible, and if I can help speed up the process, so much the better :cool:

Do you think the little shields in CoTs will look weird if they're all different shapes?