• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
MLO problem

With EEP there is no more "major_mlo.txt" file, just "eep_mlo.txt", but you still have in "major_hab.txt" event 3181 (The Habsburg Inheritance of Milano). The problem I see, is that there is no more event to trigger 3181. There is no more MLO3706 event and 3181 is not triggered by any HAB event.

Fate of the Teutonic Order

I have a repeatable CTD, with EEP v1.4.2b and EU2 v1.08. Playing as Russia, GC, game CTDs in January of 1560 with event "Fate of the Teutonic Order". Actually, game pops with a small windows error window, which says:

R6025 - Pure virtual fuction called

I tested and the same thing happens if I load that savegame with Sweden, a CTD on the same day with Fate of the Teutonic Order event pop-up.

Any ideas?

Zerli said:
I have a repeatable CTD, with EEP v1.4.2b and EU2 v1.08. Playing as Russia, GC, game CTDs in January of 1560 with event "Fate of the Teutonic Order". Actually, game pops with a small windows error window, which says:

R6025 - Pure virtual fuction called

I tested and the same thing happens if I load that savegame with Sweden, a CTD on the same day with Fate of the Teutonic Order event pop-up.

Any ideas?
This happens when a country is trying to cede more provinces than it owns....so you might want to temporarily edit the event so they at least have one province left.

I keep seeing you guys refer to EEP v1.4.2b yet I have no idea where to download it. I downloaded EEP v1.4.2a and I imagine my problems stem from not having EEP v1.4.2b.
The 1520 scenario doesn't load. It gets to the loading scenario screen but before long it says "scenario has errors" with Abort Retry Ignore as options. It CTD's as soon as I click on one of them.
The 1419 scenario loads fine, but when I click on the icon to place merchants I CTD every time.
I'm using 1.07 without the betas and I'm not enabling the beta option in the options screen.

Those errors were always there, but there didn't used to be error messages. If you can post them some kind soul might try to fix them (maybe even me). If you just click through them you'll have the same EEP as with 1.08.

All right, errors as follows:

Monarch idas in use:

Database Mismatch - in use
type = 6001 id = 110
type = 6001 id = 208
type = 6001 id = 105
type = 6001 id = 209
type = 6002 id = 208
type = 9664 id = 14
type = 9664 id = 15
type = 9664 id = 16
type = 9424 id = 16
type = 9424 id = 17

Database Mismatch
all type = 7
id =

Thanks for the feedback.

Norrefeldt, have you seen this?

Mismatches I've found that need to be fixed:

|AXiN| said:
Monarch idas in use:
This is "Francesco I Sforza" in monarchs.mlo and "Janusz Radziwill" in leaders.lit. I should have checked this, but Crook took the ID without mentioning it in the milan monarch file where it said "IDs free to..."
"Maximilian I" in monarchs.prm, "Ruy Lourenço Ravasco" in leaders.por
Looks like we didn't check before using the Styrian IDs.
"Karl V" in monarchs.prm, "Moragues i Sobrevia" in leaders.arg
"Ferdinand I" in monarchs.prm, "Lluis de Requesens" in leaders.arg
"Rudolf II" in monarchs.prm, "Gabriel Llupia" in leaders.arg
"Mathias" in monarchs.prm, "Antoni Clariana" in leaders.arg
"Ferdinand II" in monarchs.prm, "Comte Vilamarí" in leaders.arg
"Ferdinand III" in monarchs.prm, "Jordi de Darmstadt" in leaders.arg
"Leopold I" in monarchs.prm, "Manuel d'Aruat" in leaders.arg
"Josef I" in monarchs.prm, "Bernat de Vilamarí" in leaders.arg
Database Mismatch
all type = 7
id = ...
"Wiliga" in the Mossi monarch file, "Submission of Goa", Portugese event file.

In addition, perhaps because you didn't post it, there is a conflict at 15005:
"Maximilian II" in monarchs.prm, "Ferrer-Blanes" in leaders.arg

Cases where I can at least find one party and there may be a conflict with vanilla (can't test right now).
|AXiN| said:
Monarch idas in use:
Louis XVIII in monarchs.fra
"Karl VI" in monarchs.prm
"Maria Theresia" in monarchs.prm
"Josef II" in monarchs.prm
Database Mismatch
all type = 7
id =
Prayer Book rebellion, England
End of Hundred Years War, France
Sound Due, Denmark
Economic Growth of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Expulsion of Hansa merchants Muscovy
Expulsion of Hansa merchants Muscovy
Reforms of Abbas the Great Persia
Takeda Alliance Wins! Japan
Kyushu Daimyo Win! Japan
Uesugi Kenshin Wins! Japan
The Act of Union-'Rzeczpospolita Polska' (normal version/peace), Poland
The Act of Union-'Rzeczpospolita Polska' (If at war) Poland

Ones that I can't haven't found:
Monarch idas in use:

Database Mismatch - in use
type = 6001 id = 110
type = 6001 id = 208
type = 6001 id = 105
type = 6001 id = 209
type = 6002 id = 208
type = 9664 id = 14
type = 9664 id = 15
type = 9664 id = 16
type = 9424 id = 16
type = 9424 id = 17

I note that several of these are events that use text that is also used in other events. Perhaps the checker is picking up on this. I'll test.

Need to look for conflicts with vanilla too.

Missing flags and shields?

Hi,

i did a fresh install, v108 patch, EEP 142a and 142b over that. I can play fine, but I seem to be missing some flags. Burgundy for instance is missing its flags above armies and cities, just an white flag with a red cross (as in picture not found). Some countries have new shields but the flags are different from the shield (ie England and Eire), but I don't know if this "works as designed". Is this a known bug, if it is at all a bug?

I had not played EUII in a while (too busy with HOI :rolleyes: ) and wanted to go back to it. I uninstalled EUII and reinstalled it, put on 1.08, then 1.4.2a. However when I go to to the 1.4.2b spot stickied by numerous posters here and download it there is no installation icon / button for the files that are downloaded. Should I cut and paste the ai and other folders in the 1.4.2b mod over the top of the files and folders of the same name in my EUII installation? I tried this and my game crashed to display every time. I uninstalled EUII again and now have vanilla 1.08 working just fine - but with no EEP of any type. Exactly how am I supposed to use the 1.4.2b files that are in the zipped package?

P.S. The notes that come with 1.4.2b are not useful, because they say to click on the installation icon that isn't there :D

|AXiN| said:
Tobus - That's WAD, the flags and shields in the mod are the historical ones.

Axin, I don't understand you. I start using the EEP shortcut, and some flags seem to be missing in the game or differ that greatly from the shield that I wonder if something is not right, that's basically my problem.

Last edited:
Tobus - Well, which flags seem to be changed, and are they also changed in your vanilla game? One of the recent patches changed a lot of the flags and shields. IIRC EEP doesn't change any european flags or shields, but it adds some.

Tobus said:
Exactly, just unzip it in the EU2 dir, it will overwrite al older files.

It worked ! when I cut and pasted 1.4.2b in, I put in in the EU2 directory instead of the EU2/EEP subdirectory. That's what screwed me up :rolleyes:

|AXiN| said:
Tobus - Well, which flags seem to be changed, and are they also changed in your vanilla game?

I noticed primarily Burgundy and Spain. Both have a white flag with diagonal red cross, which seems not right compared to their respective shields.