• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would like a text summary because I hav no bandwidth to watch.

I would like a text summary because I hav no bandwidth to watch.

Original post has been updated with new data, embedded video removed, new links to the 4 videos if you are interested, and conclusions and pictures of the results are now in the first post.

Original post has been updated with new data, embedded video removed, new links to the 4 videos if you are interested, and conclusions and pictures of the results are now in the first post.

Thankyou for your effort :)

This is gold. Thanks Arumba!

Thanks for researching and sharing this. I will definitely adjust my education strategy according to your findings in future.

One thing, that I suspected, that you didn't cover, is the relationship between the quality of the ward and the level/tier of education trait he/she received. I had a genius heir one time and I found that no matterwhom he was assigned to, he would get the top trait, but this was based on loading the same save only 2 or 3 times, so it could be entirely coincidence.

Your other videos are really informative, thanks for sharing.

Off-topic question: is there a way to find out the birthday of the wards? A lot of them turn 16 on new year's day but some turn 16 on other days. Do you know how this works?

I don't know when they added this, I had a hard time figuring out the birthday of my characters myself. But you can mouse over the age of the character and it will now show the birthday.

I've been checking out this and the related reddit posts & videos. It's clear from your research that there is both a completely random aspect (small percentage) and the chance to get the same category trait at different levels. Looking at the trait definitions, something struck me: the definition don't "connect" to each other, that way opposite traits do (weak vs. strong). They are all just marked as "education=yes". So how does the game know which traits are grouped together? Is it hard-coded, or am I missing something?

I know this was originally published in April but just want to say thanks for your efforts Arumba, it was a learning experience. I always enjoy your videos, keep up the good work.

But does this mean that since time does not matter - then i can reassign the teacher one year before the character becomes of age? And it will count as if that teacher had been the teacher the entire life?

But does this mean that since time does not matter - then i can reassign the teacher one year before the character becomes of age? And it will count as if that teacher had been the teacher the entire life?
Yes. But of course, if you do it an entire year before, then you miss out on that year of events with that mentor. You could instead do it just a few days before, depending on who the new mentor will be. If the "Offer Education" diplomacy window has yourself as both negotiators, it will be instant, so you can do it the day before the 16th birthday. If anybody else is involved, give it at least 2 weeks.

That's most interesting. Thanks for your intrepid work. :)