• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vedagon

Private
84 Badges
Mar 22, 2011
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • For the Motherland
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
Wish there was an option to stab Disfavored in the back during ritual to draw power from Cairn.
As if it was not enough setting Cairn off the leash and shattering my bread-bucket, Disfavored returned to make Azure barren for a sake of starving Chorus. This was the point where Ashe finally got me to the guts. And here comes my chance - during said ritual Chorus decides to join the party, and shuffles some rocks. Stoneshaker tells me to go and rearrange them back NOW, or energies go out of control, blah,blah,blah Cairn dies and he wont be able to make Azure barren. So I go - oh! really? I will put that on the top of my list, right away, sir. I stare at him. He stares at me. We wait, and wait, and wait.. and nothing damn happens. Then i think may be i can shuffle that stones a little bit NOT according to feng shui and see than energy expire. But no, the only option is to put them back together. Bummer

That's funny, my exact thought process. Figured that for sure, I could use the Chorus as a diversion to "accidentally" fail the ritual. The Chorus doesn't need to be starved for me to beat it- nigh permanently ruining a fertile land like that is foolish, what use is it Kyros when we're in control?

Yup, OP, everything you said. I was literally yelling at my computer by the time I realized I wasn't going to get a chance to sabotage the ritual.

I felt a bit railroaded in earlier sections where it seemed like I was going to have a diplomatic option to handle some quests but ended up having to kill everyone, but those at least I could ultimately chalk up to it being out of my hands if the other faction is pissed enough not to be willing to negotiate. The fact that the ritual straight-up depended on me physically keeping it on track and I couldn't choose to do otherwise was absolutely egregious.

I got through that segment earlier tonight, and I'm upset enough that I don't know if I'm going to finish this playthrough.