• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An old deputy stands up

Since we have mentioned unappropriate members of parliament, I call for impeachement of Deputy Amedee Dupointe in accordance with Article 19, Chapter 10, of the Constitution for participation in illegal activities. A member of parliament that violates the Allegiance Act, that comes to the parliament intoxicated and participates in mob violence, deliberately causing harm to public and private propery cannot be among us.

Last edited:
LibDem_zps7f2c84f4.png

The Liberal Democratic Party of Belgium

Founded: 11th November 1892
Headquarters: 12 Rue Belliard, Brussels
Chairman: His Grace, J. B. H. Van der Wyngaert, the Duke of Benin
Deputies: 27

Notable Members
Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Belgium: His Grace, Jules B. H. Van der Wyngaert, the Duke of Benin ((DensleyBlair))
Secretary of State for Finance: Her Grace, Adélaïde Van der Wyngaert, 3rd Duchess of Benin ((theAhawk))
Commander of His Majesty's Support Fleet: Admiral John Dieric ((Terraferma))

Principles:
  • Pacifism - This country is in no place to fight its way through European affairs. The Liberal Democrats call for non-interventionism and neutrality in Europe as guarenteed by the Treaty of London.
  • Laissez-faire Economics - The state cannot make businesses more efficient. The Liberal Democrats oppose intervention in the economy by bureaucrats.
  • Equality -All citizens of Belgium should be accorded the same rights. The Liberal Democrats stand to ensure equality under the law.
  • Monarchism - The Belgian Monarchy helps tie the country together. The Liberal Democrats are loyal to their sovereign.
  • Reform - Social and political reform cannot wait. The Liberal Democrats demand further refom.

Last edited:
I ask His Majesty the King to grant Lieutenant General Lucien van Buskirk the rank of the Commander of the Royal Order of the Lion with Swords. I know that His Majesty has decided to refrain from granting peerages for now, but I have remembered about the practice that appeared during the first Sokotan expedition. A number of acclaimed generals were granted with titles «Victor of Benin» that they have born for life. I ask my sovereign to grant Lieutenant General van Buskirk the rank of the «Victor of Sokoto» that he might proudly bear for the time of his life.

At the same time I must say that the Telamon plan, authored by Colonel General Xavier-Pierre Florian Thaddée, the Chief of the Royal Army, has played an instrumental role in the victory. And nothing could have been possible without the leadership of the Chief of the General Staff, Admiral van der Wyngaert, who architected and superintended the expedition. Therefore I would ask His Majesty to make the Viscount of St Nickolaas and General Thaddée the Knights of the Royal Order of the Lion, commending both their strategic talents and years spent by the latter serving in the colonial administration.

General Thaddée,

In light of the recent successes we have experienced in Africa, I find your requests and suppositions indeed carry much merit. Your service is invaluable, and proves conclusively that all faith I trusted in you in appointing you was founded. I therefore petition that you be awarded the Distinguished Service Order.

Middle_arms_belgium_notflatsvg_zpsc829b15d.png

His Majesty the King of Belgium, Prosper-August I

(Excerpt from correspondence with the Prime Minister)

"Prime Minister,

I have again reviewed the honors lists you and the Chief of the General Staff have sent to me. I agree to decorate General Thaddée with the Distinguished Service Order and I will further name Generals Thaddée and Van Buskirk and Admiral Van der Wyngaert Knights of the Royal Order of the Lion with Swords (KLS). As to your final request, that Lieutenant-General Van Buskirk be named "Victor of Sokoto", our records here do not show a title of that nature having ever been granted to anyone previously. I can only suppose that it was a title that Arthur Van der Goltz bestowed upon himself, and I certainly would not wish an association with that man on one of our loyal generals."

I also motion for Deputy L'Escargot to be removed on the grounds of public intoxication.

((It seems L'Escargot is not drunk, merely delusional or unstable in some other way, and under the Parliamentary Decency Act of 1840 or the similarly named 1846 Amendment, there is no provision for ejection on the grounds of insanity.))

Last edited:
As unexpected as Lord Poisson's new manifesto is, it is a manifesto I approve of wholeheartedly. I do not agree with all points raised, namely with regards to the Senate, though I find the ideals espoused by the party very savoury indeed. I therefore join the Liberal Democratic Party.

The Hon. J. B. H. Van der Wyngaert
Political Undersecretary for Foreign Affairs

((Just don't bring up university fees! :p))

I wish to thank His Majesty profusely for seeing fit to bestow upon me so great an honour. I trust I shall be able to repay your continued faith in my abilities in time.

The Rt. Hon. Admiral of the Fleet
Sir Jean-Camille Van der Wyngaert
KLS POR CMG NC FPS FBCAS
Viscount of Sint-Niklaas​

Vanderhoof stands

Thee current Constitution will result in nothing but disaster due to the ridiculously partisan politics of Belgium. I propose the following amendment to the Constitution.

The Minority Government Amendment

I. The Largest Faction (made up of party or parties) in the Belgian House of Deputies may form a government with the blessings of a King
II. The Largest Faction does not have to be a majority of the House of Deputies

Illegal substances Act

I. The sale, ownership, production, importation and consumption of opium is hereby illegal

The Sanity Act

I. Any Deputy found senile or insane by a court appointed doctor shall be removed from his position as Deputy
II. Any Deputy removed from his position on the grounds of senility or insanity are barred from attempting to attain a political, civil or otherwise public position in Belgium

Last edited:
226px-Coat_of_arms_of_Anthony_Olubunmi_Okogie.svg.png

As both a man of the Church and as Minister of Labour, I truly believe that the unemployed should be granted subsidies by the government. It is only right that we carry out the will of God and take His example of kindness in extending our hand to help those in need.

Now, onto a more disturbing point, I wholly condemn the Red Legion and all individuals in it. It is a Satanic organization bent on the destruction of the Monarchy, of Peace and Stability and sadly the destruction of the Church and all those who worship God the Almighty. I truly believe that men such as Josef de Leeuw should suffer for their heathenish ways, both now and in the afterlife and thus I support his arrest and permanent incarceration.

May God protect us in these dark hours!

His Eminence,
Cardinal Jean-Luc Deschamps
Archbishop of Mechlin
Primate of Belgium

I believe Monsieur l'Escargot is suffering from a sévére case of madness. He seem to zink he for some reason is parfait. Zis is naturellement not true. Everyone in Bruxelles knows zat Je with my supérieur intellect is the most magnifique person in zis chambre.

I believe Monsieur l'Escargot is suffering from a sévére case of madness. He seem to zink he for some reason is parfait. Zis is naturellement not true. Everyone in Bruxelles knows zat Je with my supérieur intellect is the most magnifique person in zis chambre.

((Stop, please stop with the typed accents. I have enough problems understand my Quebecois 2nd cousins. I don't need to convert your writing either))

((Just so you all know, if you forget to put your party I don't count your vote. Colonial Supervision Bill is beating out Savarin's Proposal by the thinnest possible margin.))

RU: [73]

Colonial Supervision Bill, as Revised: 2/0/0 [73/0/0]
Savarin's Colonial Bill: 0/1/0 [0/73/0]

NDP: [33]

Colonial Supervision Bill, as Revised: 0/2/0 [0/33/0]
Savarin's Colonial Proposal: 2/0/0 [33/0/0]

BSU: [53]

Colonial Supervision Bill, as revised: 0/3/0 [0/53/0]
Savarin's Colonial Proposal: 3/0/0 [53/0/0]

GLP: [41]

Colonial Supervision Bill (as revised): 2/0/1 [27/0/14]
Savarin's Colonial Proposal: 1/1/1 [13/13/15]

Totals:

Colonial Supervision Bill (as revised): [100/86/14]
Savarin's Colonial Proposal: [99/86/15]

Colonial Supervision Bill (as revised): Yes
Savarin's Colonial Proposal: Abstain
[MLP]

I too support the push for unemployment subsidies.

~ John Dieric, Captain of the HMS Invincible

Amedee speaks to the crowds on the Rue Belliard

I must admit that I regret the damage we have done to certain proper around the city. Even though protest is a legitimate form of grievance, of course, it is not suitable to damage public works that benefit everyone. Therefore, I apologize for encouraging all of you to do such damage to public property.

That being said, the concept of private property is a sham meant to allow the rich to horde their wealth. It should be seized by the state and allocated equally among it's citizens. End private property once and for all!

((I love the illegal substances act :laugh:

Not sure how Amedee is allowed back into parliament after this but I hope he is for entertainment purposes.))

Colonial Supervision Bill (as Revised): Nay
Savarin Colonial Proposal: Aye

~ de Vos

Pfah, I have not! It was a perfectly fine bill, for being crafted by someone who was not myself. You are the leader of the unholy forces seeking to destroy Belgium, in stark contrast to my magnificence! I am the leader of the forces of light and good in the fight against the Anarchist hordes of darkness and the Luvvunisté! You murderer and hypocrite. Also, as Prime Minister, Supreme Servant of the Monarchy, the Vicar of Christ, God's Right Hand Man Upon This Earth, the Crusader of God, Heaven's Chosen, and Most Humble and Righteous Deputy and Leader of Belgium, I order your immediate arrest and execution! Belgum shall no longer be tanted by your Evil and wine-hating. The final fight against the darkness is at hand! Soon, the darkness shall be gone and the light shall reign supreme. This is not a hard decision. For the good of the nation, this Loewen must die. And the Netherlands must be destroyed.

- The Humblest and Greatest, Prime Minister Lambin l'Escargot, Supreme Servant of the Monarchy, the Vicar of Christ, God's Right Hand Man Upon This Earth, the Crusader of God, Heaven's Chosen, and Most Humble and Righteous Deputy and Leader of Belgium and the RU

Pursuant to Article 19 Chapter 10 of the Constitution, I call for the arrest and impeachment of M. L'Escargot for engaging in illegal activities, namely, attempted murder, seeking to procure persons to commit said murder, and fraud to wit holding himself out as the Prime Minister.

Frederic Burke

Pursuant to Article 19 Chapter 10 of the Constitution, I call for the arrest and impeachment of M. L'Escargot for engaging in illegal activities, namely, attempted murder, seeking to procure persons to commit said murder, and fraud to wit holding himself out as the Prime Minister.

Frederic Burke

((The genie can never be put back in the bottle...))

Player Actions Needed:
We should vote on the [post=16936928]Martial Law in Batavia[/post]*, and the two reforms backed by the government - the [post=16950066]Right to Subsidies Amendment, as updated[/post] and the [post=16946661]Education Bill of 1892[/post] (and the associated [post=16946661]Public Education Funding Bill of 1892[/post]). Also vote on the [post=16952057]Parliamentary Standards Act[/post] (which is actually an amendment), the [post=16952589]Minority Government Amendment[/post], the [post=16952589]Illegal Substances Act[/post], the [post=16952589]Sanity Act[/post] (which I believe is similarly an amendment), the [post=16952414]Impeachment of Amedee Dupointe[/post], and the [post=16954857]Impeachment of Lambin l'Escargo.[/post]

*Recall that when the King declares martial law, the Parliament is required to vote on its validity after the fact. In this case, martial law was declared in Batavia following the disappearance of the Minister-President.

Sample Ballots:

[post=16936928]Martial Law in Batavia[/post]: Yes/No/Abstain
[post=16950066]Right to Subsidies Amendment, as updated[/post]: Yes/No/Abstain^
[post=16947520]Education Bill of 1892[/post]: Yes/No/Abstain
[post=16947520]Public Education Funding Bill of 1892[/post]: Yes/No/Abstain
[post=16952057]Parliamentary Standards Act[/post]: Yes/No/Abstain^
[post=16952589]Minority Government Amendment[/post]: Yes/No/Abstain^
[post=16952589]Illegal Substances Act[/post]: Yes/No/Abstain
[post=16952589]Sanity Act[/post]: Yes/No/Abstain^
[post=16952414]Impeachment of Amedee Dupointe[/post]: Yes/No/Abstain^
[post=16954857]Impeachment of Lambin l'Escargo.[/post]: Yes/No/Abstain^

^-Requires a 2/3rds majority to pass

[GLP/BSU/RU/NDP] ((Again, don't forget this! If you don't state your party I'll ignore your vote!))

This vote ends at 8 PM PST 2/25 (4 AM GMT 2/26 provided no bills pass altering the date)

Last edited:
Martial Law in Batavia: Aye
Right to Subsidies Amendment, as updated: Abstain
Education Bill of 1892: Aye
Public Education Funding Bill of 1892: Aye
Parliamentary Standards Act: Aye
Minority Government Amendment: Aye
Illegal Substances Act: Nay
Sanity Act: Aye
Impeachment of Amedee Dupointe: Aye
Impeachment of Lambin l'Escargo.: Abstain

RU

((Can someone remind me what happens if we fail to validate the use of martial law?

Edit: Thanks scrapknight for reminding to put my party, the font colour is almost the same colour as I have the form display and missed it the first time through.))

Last edited:
Right to Subsidies Amendment, as updated: Aye
Parliamentary Standards Act: NAY!!!!
Illegal Substances Act: Aye
Impeachment of Lambin l'Escargot: Nay - While I believe that Mijnheer l'Escargot should be removed from these chambers on the grounds of insanity, the reasons Mijnheer Burke gives for his impeachment are either not true or are shaky attempts to accuse Mijnheer l'Escargot for things he did not actually commit.

[BSU]

- Christiaan Loewen, Deputy for Antwerp and Leader of the BSU

Right to Subsidies Amendment, as updated: Aye
Parliamentary Standards Act: Nay
Illegal Substances Act: Aye
Impeachment of Lamib l'Escargot: Abstain

[BSU]

~ de Vos

((Can someone remind me what happens if we fail to validate the use of martial law?))

(It's in the Constitution. If memory serves, the king can't declare it again for a certain length of time and some other things. Also, you might want to include your party, seeing as it's in big red letters directly above you...))

(It's in the Constitution. If memory serves, the king can't declare it again for a certain length of time and some other things. Also, you might want to include your party, seeing as it's in big red letters directly above you...))
((Shhh, you're not supposed to say that, you're supposed to let him invalidate his vote....>.>...))