• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Fate of Belgium: Allies
((May the Aerts forever hold government positions! Thank you for this wonderful game TH, and looking forward to what you come up with next))

The fate of Belgium: Allies. I don't think being neutral is really an option.

((Awesome game! Germany becoming fascist was really random and kind of stupid, though.))

Belgium is doomed. Ladies and gentleman, I am leaving this godforsaken country to its fate. May Hitler eat the corpse of this once proud nation you destroyed. Godspeed.

LaCarcassone gets on the nearest plane to Italy. Who knows what the next few years will bring for Europe

"For the Republic, I have given everything. I hope it was enough."

- Pierre Savarin, last words, April 18th, 1936

((Thank you, everybody, for making this IAAR such an awesome experience. From the lows of Beauffortism to the highs of ushering in the Republic, it's been real. Well done to everyone, and see you in Italy!))

((On a side note, what side is Italy on? I presume the Allies, as they weren't couped and are still our allies?))

~Sue de Nîmes

((Assuming that the divisions are as per our timeline.

Thanks to you all, gentlemen. I may not have completely enjoyed every minute, but having reached the end it was great fun all the same. Now I'll have to get some epilogues and so on drafted. :D))

~Jean di Picardie

"Well, It was a good ride, thanks to Van Priestner, thanks to my family, and thank you Belguim"

The last words of Jean di Picardie, before his death in 1938.

((Thanks TH3, this my first complete forum game, and I hope to do many more, to quote: "One more into the breach my friends, once more!".))

The Fate of Belgium: comintern

~Jean di Picardie

"Well, It was a good ride, thanks to Van Priestner, thanks to my family, and thank you Belguim"

The last words of Jean di Picardie, before his death in 1938.

((Thanks TH3, this my first complete forum game, and I hope to do many more, to quote: "One more into the breach my friends, once more!".))

((And gentlemen in AARland still abed shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here, and hold their manhood cheap while others speak of those who played with us, on this, Saint Crispin's Day!))

The Fate of Belgium: Neutral

((For you, Belgium, every thought, every deed. I urge everyone to vote for neutrality, we have already lost too many.))

Last edited:
Fate of Belgium: Neutral

((Thanks for another fantastic game, Mr Thunderhawk; can't wait for PttP))

The Fate of Belgium: Axis

This republic is a complete failure and will destroy Belgium, this may be our last chance to fix Belgium.

- Jules van de Velde, in exile in Germany

The fate of Belgium: Whatever the UK does

((Not technically an option, but since I'm not sure whether or not the UK will be on the Allied side in OTL, this will have to do. Peace in our time?))

The fate of Belgium: Whatever the UK does

((Not technically an option, but since I'm not sure whether or not the UK will be on the Allied side in OTL, this will have to do. Peace in our time?))

((Given its historical antagonism with Germany in EoE and that it's still a democratic form of government with a non-fascist party in power, the UK will probably be Allies))

The Fate of Belgium: Neutral

You see what the incompetent Republicans have done? Pfah!

—Deputy Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak

((And so it ends, not with a bang, not with mod intervention, but with a whimper. Well, it was fun while it lasted, even if it became too time consuming in relation to available free time later on. Also, Courier is not a good font.))

The Fate of Belgium: Axis

~ His Grace, the Duke of the Congo and Count of Arlon, Marshal Philip Auguste Lebeau, Guide of the National Revolution and Leader of the Belgian National Front

((Thank you so much TH for another fantastic game, I look forward to the next!))

Fate: Allies

Belgium abides. The tides of radicalism and reaction may wash away those around us, but like a rock of flint on a sea of chalk we shall endure.

~ Amadeus Tillens, Chief of the General Staff of the Belgian Military.

((Cheers Thunder! Sorry my participation hasn't always been what it could have but seeing Belgium from its humble beginnings to its grand end has been a blast.))