• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I’m wondering how do I manage to defeat the ussr they have an ic of around 500 while germany has one of barely that amount even by 1941. I had 300 Units on the Soviet border all tanks motorized divisions and infantry etc combined units and I got crushed?

I’m wondering how do I manage to defeat the ussr they have an ic of around 500 while germany has one of barely that amount even by 1941. I had 300 Units on the Soviet border all tanks motorized divisions and infantry etc combined units and I got crushed?

thumb.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
300 should more than enough to take out the USSR .

1.Organise your tank and motorised divisions into seperate armies and use them as spearheads to break though and encircle the Soviets.You need speed to encricle and destroy large parts of the soviet army at the start of the war.

2.Use the weather map and start Barbarossa once the winter and spring are over.Attacking through snow or mud will slow down your tanks and give defensive buffs to the soviets.

3.Use the terrain map,trying to break though the Pripet Marshes or sending your tanks through forests or hills will slow them down .

4.Take the time to reorganise after big battles to stabilze your frontline.

1.Organise your tank and motorised divisions into seperate armies and use them as spearheads to break though and encircle the Soviets.You need speed to encricle and destroy large parts of the soviet army at the start of the war.

2.Use the weather map and start Barbarossa once the winter and spring are over.Attacking through snow or mud will slow down your tanks and give defensive buffs to the soviets.

3.Use the terrain map,trying to break though the Pripet Marshes or sending your tanks through forests or hills will slow them down .

Thank you I suck at this game lol but I will do this

Should I put infantry separate from motorized divisions and tanks aswell I have tanks separate from motorized?

Probably a mistake in forming this tech in particular? All artillery at 1 skill.

Attachments

• image_2022-02-01_175944.png
    image_2022-02-01_175944.png
    408,3 KB · Views: 0
What is the use of tech specialty 'rt_user_3?' It is the one with the AK47 icon and doesn't appear in any techs, nor does it have a name to it in-game unlike the espionage and helo techs.

Is there any option to turn off sounds of units?
And is it possible to turn of this special graphics of units, I'm more familiar with just standard version of graphics.
There are sounds and custom country graphics checkboxes on the DH launcher. If you want the original sounds, those will be disabled too.

There are sounds and custom country graphics checkboxes on the DH launcher. If you want the original sounds, those will be disabled too.
Hey, thanks for replying!
I have turned it off (country graphics), but sadly it's not working that way...
Moreover I want sound, just default one, so turning it off completly is not a solution.
Is it maybe in some config file or something? :)
Or I'm just missing something.

I would like to change pause key for backspace also...

Attachments

• Screenshot_1335.png
    Screenshot_1335.png
    177,9 KB · Views: 0
Hey, thanks for replying!
I have turned it off (country graphics), but sadly it's not working that way...
Moreover I want sound, just default one, so turning it off completly is not a solution.
Is it maybe in some config file or something? :)
Or I'm just missing something.

I would like to change pause key for backspace also...
Try deleting EOD's sound folder (SFX) and copy DH Full's sound file to EOD.

Try deleting EOD's sound folder (SFX) and copy DH Full's sound file to EOD.
I've deleted sfx/wave, and it worked!

Now, the graphics thing, and pause hotkey...
I could delete graphics from gfx/interface/models, but in regular DH was just an option to turn it off.
For hotkey, cant find config file to change this option.

Any further ideas?

I've deleted sfx/wave, and it worked!

Now, the graphics thing, and pause hotkey...
I could delete graphics from gfx/interface/models, but in regular DH was just an option to turn it off.
For hotkey, cant find config file to change this option.

Any further ideas?
Goto DH\Mods\EoD\config and open the Buttons.txt file with Notepad or something similar.

Search for "Pause"

You will find:

press = {
id = "BUTTON_PAUSE"
bitmap = "empty.bmp"
background = "pause_button.bmp"
lower = "F10"
upper = ""
shortcut = pause
}

Replace shortcut = pause
with shortcut = space

Be aware though that you may have difficulties when renaming units.

Goto DH\Mods\EoD\config and open the Buttons.txt file with Notepad or something similar.

Search for "Pause"

You will find:

press = {
id = "BUTTON_PAUSE"
bitmap = "empty.bmp"
background = "pause_button.bmp"
lower = "F10"
upper = ""
shortcut = pause
}

Replace shortcut = pause
with shortcut = space

Be aware though that you may have difficulties when renaming units.
That's what I thought at first, but didn't try that. But it works great! Thank you.
I wonder if there's a chance that on spacebar I can have "goto" thing. So when some announcements appears, and there is "go to" button, when clicking space, it will connect it to this button.

First time playing this mod. Question: when playing as Germany I cannot build any ships at the start of the game. Only subs and transports. No surface warships at all. I researched the first carrier upgrade available and it too did not show up as an allowable build. I stopped playing somewhere in mid 33. Is there an event that allows further ship building or is this a bug?

First time playing this mod. Question: when playing as Germany I cannot build any ships at the start of the game. Only subs and transports. No surface warships at all. I researched the first carrier upgrade available and it too did not show up as an allowable build. I stopped playing somewhere in mid 33. Is there an event that allows further ship building or is this a bug?

yes, I believe there is an anglo-german naval treaty that enables you to build them though I might be mixing up mods lol ill have to replay it real quick to check

The Blood & Iron has the same feature. I cannot build and ships other than submarines and troopships. Surface combatants simply do not appear, even new ship types which are researched. I have seen nothing so far that leads me to believe there is some sort of restriction. If there is, and its invisible to the player then that is very poorly designed.

Reactions:
I have only modified the tech file for Germany to exhaustively achieve every single specialty with three hundred tech teams. Anyways, I noticed in this playtest that tons of spy missions are succeeding against me, and I can't recall seeing any fail.

I have only modified the tech file for Germany to exhaustively achieve every single specialty with three hundred tech teams. Anyways, I noticed in this playtest that tons of spy missions are succeeding against me, and I can't recall seeing any fail.
Depends on your message settings in the options menue (Intelligence section at the end of the entries).

Besides you can increase the amount of time it takes for another intel mission to be launched in the misc.txt file.