• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are the authors still maintaining this mod? This is the best mod so far and I really disliked HOI4, would be nice if we could get an update until they release some new version which is worth it.
Do they also get donations?

The first post is not update, I got surprised there is a 2.3 version.

• 3Like
Reactions:
In fact, the mod is no longer actively developed due to lack of time. Heck - even the thread is not monitored adequately! However, I think that I have a somewhat bug-fixed version on my PC which also adds some difficulty if you are playing on hard or very hard (but certainly no fundamental changes). If you like I can upload this bug-fixed version, but do not expect too much from it.

Last, if there is a capable modder out there with sufficient spare time, do not hesitate to take over this project.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Wow, I just managed to encircle a huge force of French, British (BEF) and Belgian troops in Bruuges. I captured Dunkirk first and received two free brigades! Not only that, I also managed to win the battle of France, in less than 30 days and with very low casualties. So I received a light panzer division as bonus. Against the AI, even on aggressive, it is not so difficult anymore. You don't want to aim for Paris first, but instead, encircle as many allied troops in Flanders. Any infantrybattle where your looses exceed 5000 troops, STOP them instantly. Instead only assault with you panzers. Once you destroyed 20-30 allied divisions in Flanders, the rest is easy. Just capture Paris and wait, don't even go south, just wait it out until the armistice sets in.

I really enjoy this mod, thank you! - even managed to hold out as Italy in Cyrenaica, until April of 1941, so almost 9 months of attrition, where my Stukas and the Italian medium bombers have reduced at least 5 allied divisions, mostly South Africans. In my first game with this mod, I had a German casualty rate above 300.000 before April 1941. Now its down to 90.000, and for that I got Poland, France (with Vichy), Netherlands, Luxembourg, Yugoslavia and now, almost Greece. The allied 'AI' just ecleared war on Norway, so I got all these heavy water blueprints for free. Excellent. Love this mod!

• 2Like
Reactions:
In my most recent game I went for the 'historical' option of driving through Sedan but my army got stuck in a big huge battle....

BUT

A corps of para's that I had flown next to Paris captured the city and that was the end of that.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Recently I saw that Stalin Line decision and later event are wrong. Most of the SL was done before 1933, in late 30s just some local improvements were introduced near Minsk and Kamieniec Podolski (so no fortification line popping up from Luga to Kamieniec, just 2 forts south of Minsk and in Kamieniec). Furthermore, Prypiat Marches were not fortificated; SL was behind them.

In my most recent game I went for the 'historical' option of driving through Sedan but my army got stuck in a big huge battle....

BUT

A corps of para's that I had flown next to Paris captured the city and that was the end of that.

Well, there is always another way. The Sedan area, yes, huge battles there, often very costly. Today I avoid them. Flanders; perfect for panzers.

Here's a question, with normal/normal settings during Barbarossa the minor axis don't really do anything.

Shall I just take over Romania/Hungary and send then to the front?

Does making the AI aggressive help?

In the spring of 1941, against the AI, I always organise and deploy the troops from my allies. If you led the AI run them, it will only complicate things and increase the risk of unnecessary losses. Not sure about the other players, but I absolutely recommend assuming control of your allies.

• 1Like
Reactions: