• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks!

That's different from All In One mod where you get them before 1940 if I recall correctly.

So in this mod it would be impossible to prepare them for Barbarossa?

I think so. Personally, I don't even bother to build them until 1944, when war is virtually over and I have spare IC.

The 1942 tech for infantry, moto and mech as well as 1943 tech for tanks allows you to build SS divisions. Only problem is that many of those have the same names as tge divisions created by events.
You could do it before Barbarossa, by focusing only on infantry research, but unlikely for tanks. You won't be able to build many before Barbarossa though. I did it once, when I was lucky to get a blueprint for infantry 1942 by research investment.

The 1942 tech for infantry, moto and mech as well as 1943 tech for tanks allows you to build SS divisions. Only problem is that many of those have the same names as tge divisions created by events.
You could do it before Barbarossa, by focusing only on infantry research, but unlikely for tanks. You won't be able to build many before Barbarossa though. I did it once, when I was lucky to get a blueprint for infantry 1942 by research investment.

Is there an easy way to change this by editing files?

Last edited:
Its 1946 and world war 2 still didnt start!Im playing as Czechslovakia i declined to give Sudetenland to Germany in 1938 and they didnt invade me they picked not right now option,they also didnt even ask Poland for Danzing and everything is peaceful Japan didnt attack Pearl harbor too but they are at war with China which seems to be a stalemate.So is it possible for ww2 to start now?Also im seeing some Long live the revolution events could it mean that the Soviets are couping nations?

Its 1946 and world war 2 still didnt start!Im playing as Czechslovakia i declined to give Sudetenland to Germany in 1938 and they didnt invade me they picked not right now option,they also didnt even ask Poland for Danzing and everything is peaceful Japan didnt attack Pearl harbor too but they are at war with China which seems to be a stalemate.So is it possible for ww2 to start now?Also im seeing some Long live the revolution events could it mean that the Soviets are couping nations?

You broke the chain of events that start WW2. Although Germany usually DoWs Czech player if he refuses to give up Sudetenland which still breaks the WW2 events. I'd start over since you won't have anything to do for the rest of the game. And choose a nation other than Czech.

How does text continue?
Untitled.jpg

By building on top of Fernando's exceptional World in Flames II mod, Edge of Darkness was created to deliver the definitive 1933 scenario for Darkest Hour. Hundreds of new flavor events, decisions, all new graphics and special units have all been designed with a realistic, historic focus that will be sure to reward those that have a passion for the history of the Second World War and teach even the most well-read armchair historian fascinating new information about this definitive event of the 20th century. Combining this content along with providing a more challenging experience compared to vanilla Darkest Hour that will keep you engaged and satisfy the craving for intense grand strategy gaming, Edge of Darkness aims to be the hallmark mod for those that love Darkest Hour and the intensity of the Second World War.

Before starting the mod, please keep in mind the following points:

• Most decisions such as Weserübung, Invasion of Yugoslavia as well as Barbarossa will be available just shortly before their histroical date.
  • Political leader units simulate the political leader of your country. Always protect these units against enemy troops or fighters in order to avoid losing your leader and suffer from dissent penalties.
  • Special Forces brigades are available for every nation. However, GER, ITA, JAP, SOV, ENG and USA will receive significant boni by Event.

Lastly, please let us know if you have found any bugs or improvements either on the Paradox forum or on the Facebook page.

The Edge of Darkness team is very proud to announce the release of version 2.3! This release focuses on improving existing content, balance, and bug fixes and also adds some additional content (although very limited).

For additional information, please find the detailed changelog below:
Changed trigger for Occupation of Leningrad etc so it works correctly
Implemented Fernando's new WIF II events
Changed Afghanistan cooperation event pay money once instead of establishing a trade agreement
Birtish free units AI event (suez) - disabled trigger for human
Changed gneisenau and schanhorst to battlecruiser
Removed brigades for uboots - removed torpedos attachment
Increased trigger condition for uboot sucess - from 100 to 500 transportes sunk
Modified Britain defense mobilisation events, so that it will be triggered if GER has 1937 marines technology (instead of 1940)
Changed plan Z event balanced approach option - removed heavy cruisers and carrier
Changed German-Yugoslav Barter Agreement so that GER receives metal
Moscow treaty adapted to remove received TP penalties during Barbarossa
China Surrender events (vanilla) adapted to remove received TP penalties
Upgrade costs increased from 0.5 to 0.8 (vanilla = 1.0)
Upgrade time increased from 0.5 to 0.8 (vanilla = 1.0)
Naval XP gain Factor increased from 8.5 to 10.0
TC Occupied Province Load increased from 1.0 to 2.0
Peace Economy event reintroduced but only triggered if playing on Hard or Very Hard difficulty option
Rationing events reintroduced but only triggered if playing on Hard or Very Hard difficulty option
Winter is now extremely dire for Wehrmacht when playign on Barbarossa hard difficulty
Implement an event option that builds airports and radars in RKs
Reduced unit speed of armored, mechanized, motorized, cavalry and corresponding SS units to allow for more realistic gameplay
Reduced transporet ships for Human GER player to 3. (+1 after annexation of Danzig)
Replaced rt_user_3 with industrial engineering
When playing on Hard/Very Hard, general mobilization locked until Speer joins the cabinet
Generated picture for missing decision_Amerika_Bomber
18 SS Freiwilligen Division 'Horst Wessel" decision has now a proper dec_picture
Removed duplicate US leaders
tech skill rt_user_3 is replaced with industrial_engineering
German Mobilization wave events will occur also if partially mobilized (important for games palyed on hard/very hard difficulty)
Adjusted event Fate of the Middle East so Yemen is created as puppet state
Soviet Union receives another cheat event in dec'40 when playing on Babarossa hard difficulty - significant inf divisions (25) + air units (4 int, 4 cas, 4 tac)
Modified Final Victory in the east event trigger, so it triggers for GER independently of JAP being in war with CHI
Added the description for Heavy Water event to avoid event chain being broken
Added trigger condition for German diplomatic offensive so that Germany can enact it independently of being at war with Britain
Event Downfall of Walther von Brauchitsch also deactivates corresponding leader now
Removed locked function for last garrision in grey dawn event, this should help AI to put units better to use
Removed locked function for last garrision in USSR Help event, this should help AI to put units better to use
Changed counter symbol for special units
Changed counter symbol for brigades
Corrected event description for 502 Jäger Batallion

NEW EVENTS:
# Fate of Afghanistan - Decision (GER)
# Fate of India - Decision (in case of Fate of Afghanistan happened already) (GER)
# Fate of India - Decision (in case of Fate of Afghanistan did not happen yet) (GER)
# Eiger North Face (GER)
# German-Polish relations (GER)
# German-Polish relations (POL)
# Rise of von Ribbentrop (GER)
# Fate of South Africa - Decision (GER)
# Edge of Darkness - Hard/Very Hard Difficulty (GER)
# GER General Mobilization (GER)
# Fate of Africa - Decision (GER)
# Fate of North Africa (GER)
# Fate of West Africa (GER)
# Fate of East Africa (GER)
# Fate of South Africa (GER)
# Double-Cross System (ENG)
# Magenetic Mines (GER)
# SAF National Cabinet (SAF)
# IND National Cabinet (IND)
# AFG National Cabinet (AFG)
# Molotov Cocktail (FIN)
# Fate of Egypt (GER)
# AI event to increase transport ships for (GER)
# Kammhuber Linie (GER)
# Soviet Winter Reserves arrive (AI Event) (SOV)
# Fate of Saudi Arabia (GER)
# Strenghten German-Japanese cooperation (GER)
# Strenghten German-Japanese cooperation (JAP)
# Saar Offensive (FRA)
# Saar Offensive (FRA) Outcome
# Mittelafrika National Cabinet
# The war takes a turn for the worse (ITA)
# Victory is near (ITA)
# Gian Galeazzo Ciano appointed Foreign Minister (ITA)
# Reinforcements to East Africa (ITA)
# Reinforcements from Italy (U49)
# More loyal officers (ITA)
# The Under-Secretary of War (ITA)
# Back in Rome (ITA RSI)
# Four days of Naples (GER RSI)
# 1938 Football World Cup (ITA)
# The death of Victor Emmanuel III (ITA)
# The death of Mussolini (ITA)
# The Old School Admiral (ITA)
# Italian Racial Laws (ITA)
# The Italian Empire (ITA)
# Gabriele D’Annunzio dies (ITA)
# Costanzo Ciano dies (ITA)
# Bruno Mussolini dies (ITA)
# The Constituent Assembly (RSI)
# The death of Benito Mussolini (RSI)
# Esposizione Universale Roma (ITA)
# RSI Independence Struggle (RSI)

Download :

https://mega.nz/#!N1wHkIzY!zTH7CdW6ojoafgHC2Jxs86zJkllNZxPDeeKUQSVUnaU

Installation instructions:

- Prepare working DH 1.05 version
- Download Standalone Mod 'Edge of Darkness'
- Unzip it to your Darkest Hour\Mods folder

This will probably be the last major update for Edge of Darkness for quite a long time (to say at least), as JJ Merrill and I just cannot find the time to continue such a big project. In any case, I will endeavor to eliminate any bugs as soon as possible and make hotfixes available. We hope you will enjoy it and are very grateful for your feedback and potential bug reports.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I didn't have time to play, just loaded new decisions througgh the console and here are the issues:
- Portugal actually loses Cap Verde islands
- Mittelafrikan northwestern border looks a bit odd (I see, that it goes along areas borders, though); maybe with whole Cameroon, Central African Republic and southern Chad (resembling Mittelafrika from Kaiserreich :p ) could look better? Add Sao Tome and Principe, as well as Zanzibar
- maybe add claims for GER on given provinces in case of harsh partition of West Africa?
- Afghanistan doesn't get cores or claims on granted territory, so she will give it back
- Italian cabinet has no portraits :eek:
- when I move cursor on date or pause putton, description is UNKNOWN STRING WANTED - messed localization?

Last edited:
When you play as France, and decide to continue the fight when loosing mainland France (refusing Vichy), the Mers El Kebir event still fires.
I know Brits are perfidious but still..

• 1Like
Reactions: