• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Quinto Fabio Massimo That graphic is great. With your permission, I'll integrate it into the main mod when I start working on it again.

I'm glad to see that there's still a lot of discussion in the thread, and apologize for being out of touch the past few months. I burned myself out by publishing so many hotfixes after the last major release and took a break for a while. There's still a ton of improvement to be made on this mod and I don't think that I'm finished quite yet. Thanks again for all the support.

@Quinto Fabio Massimo That graphic is great. With your permission, I'll integrate it into the main mod when I start working on it again.

I'm glad to see that there's still a lot of discussion in the thread, and apologize for being out of touch the past few months. I burned myself out by publishing so many hotfixes after the last major release and took a break for a while. There's still a ton of improvement to be made on this mod and I don't think that I'm finished quite yet. Thanks again for all the support.

Of course!
If you like them, integrate these too:

Attachments

• Pics.rar
    3,1 MB · Views: 49
Its compatible with DH Official Graphics pack?

This is a graphic pack including many colored pics and tech teams. I tested it with Edge of Darkness 2.2.
Remember to copy and overwrite when required.

Attachments

• Graphic Pack for Edge of Darkness 2.2.rar
    131,3 MB · Views: 75
Just did Plan Z and it wont start construction on anything, I've played a few games as Germany in the past and it always worked, is this a bug or does construction not start instantly now?

Nevermind all is good I just had no manpower when I did the event, also was a balanced approach supposed to have more carriers and battleships than a battleship fleet?

Egadzooks, I say! Nat China got into a war with the USSR in October 1933 and a week later allied with Japan(what I am playing). I totally skimmed over what the event is called, I usually just hold enter and delete the pop-up spam. Will that event be able to fire no matter which expansion strategy Japan chooses at the beginning - the Northern and Southern choice?

Oh, hey, the event all went down when the Soviets attempted to puppet Xinjiang, which they did, but the nationalist republicans in China disputed it and someone opened fire on the wrong crowd or something and war erupted. This was actually in August, and later on Japan got an event with at least four different decisions and I just impusively clicked the one that said ally with China, and didn't actually read any of it. Luckily it worked and by the first week of October, I had a hundred thousand Japanese in Manchuria ready for action. This is pretty rare for China to have contested the USSR, but it happens around August of 1933. Nice way to kick start a game.

Last edited:
Funny thing just happened to my current game. Czech chose to fight in 1939. And as it happens UK decides to Dow on me as well, while USSR stays out of the fight.
I aim to see this through, as it is an early war, but my troops are definitely concentrated near Polish border. I hope that I don't have to face an allied invasion.
Czech will be the first target, as I aim to destroy them quickly even though it is February...

I really love it, when the game gives you unexpected twists like this. Strangest WW2 so far.
I invaded Czechoslovakia and occupied it within a month.
At the same time Italy declared war on Albania and I thought that if I dow Albania as well it might allow Italy to become an ally. It didn't work, alliance still requires Paris to fall. However Italy was at war with allies nonetheless.
As my forces concentrated on Low Countries border, in mid March USSR dow on Poland.
France began to steamroll Italy reaching Milan in early April. I was actually sending troops towards Innsbruck. Soviets were throwing Poles back and I began to fear a 2 fronts war, because without a non-aggression pact with Stalin odds were, he would continue in Germany.
Forced to move fast I decided to throw everything on a roll of a dice. Concentrated most arm and moto along with some infin Saarbrucken and in mid April I attacked Metz, ignoring low countries completely Diversionary attacks on Strasbourg and Colmar kept the troops there busy. Metz fell and then my army split in 2. Largest armies went NW towards Longwy-Sedan-Rheims and the other took Nancy and Belfort creating a 45 allied division pocket in Strasbourg and Colmar.
Von Rundtstedt moto army moved extremely fast taking Lyon Vichy and even Marseilles undefended. A further 18 division allied army was blocked in northern Italy.
By late April Paris fell. At this moment Europe must have suffered a heart stroke. Everyone was asking to join Axis. Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria voluntarily joined me. Yugoslavia too, but they annexed Albania and abandoned me.
English troops pulled up a Dunkirk and evacuated France. France fell to a historical partition and my troops moved to take low countries.
I certainly didn't expect it, by in mid July Ribbentropp Molotov pact event showed up, right after England guarantees Polish border against Germany, even though the soviets were at the gates of Warsaw.
I pulled whatever troops I had including paratroopers and marines and dow on Poland by event. Some funny events showed up with Vichy France gearing up for war...
Poland was incredibly weak as I caught them in a middle of a large offensive which threw soviets away from Warsaw but it allowed me to take it.
By late August, Poland was defeated and split. Denmark and Low Countries fell too.
I am now in late September and preparing for a Yugoslavia campaign and for operation Weserbung.

Say, what do I need to do as GER to get the Allies to invade western Europe a la Normandy? Sometimes, I deliberately weaken my garrisons in northern France, or go slow with the eastern front, see if things happen historically, but it doesn't happen.

I really love it, when the game gives you unexpected twists like this. Strangest WW2 so far.
I invaded Czechoslovakia and occupied it within a month.
At the same time Italy declared war on Albania and I thought that if I dow Albania as well it might allow Italy to become an ally. It didn't work, alliance still requires Paris to fall. However Italy was at war with allies nonetheless.
As my forces concentrated on Low Countries border, in mid March USSR dow on Poland.
France began to steamroll Italy reaching Milan in early April. I was actually sending troops towards Innsbruck. Soviets were throwing Poles back and I began to fear a 2 fronts war, because without a non-aggression pact with Stalin odds were, he would continue in Germany.
Forced to move fast I decided to throw everything on a roll of a dice. Concentrated most arm and moto along with some infin Saarbrucken and in mid April I attacked Metz, ignoring low countries completely Diversionary attacks on Strasbourg and Colmar kept the troops there busy. Metz fell and then my army split in 2. Largest armies went NW towards Longwy-Sedan-Rheims and the other took Nancy and Belfort creating a 45 allied division pocket in Strasbourg and Colmar.
Von Rundtstedt moto army moved extremely fast taking Lyon Vichy and even Marseilles undefended. A further 18 division allied army was blocked in northern Italy.
By late April Paris fell. At this moment Europe must have suffered a heart stroke. Everyone was asking to join Axis. Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria voluntarily joined me. Yugoslavia too, but they annexed Albania and abandoned me.
English troops pulled up a Dunkirk and evacuated France. France fell to a historical partition and my troops moved to take low countries.
I certainly didn't expect it, by in mid July Ribbentropp Molotov pact event showed up, right after England guarantees Polish border against Germany, even though the soviets were at the gates of Warsaw.
I pulled whatever troops I had including paratroopers and marines and dow on Poland by event. Some funny events showed up with Vichy France gearing up for war...
Poland was incredibly weak as I caught them in a middle of a large offensive which threw soviets away from Warsaw but it allowed me to take it.
By late August, Poland was defeated and split. Denmark and Low Countries fell too.
I am now in late September and preparing for a Yugoslavia campaign and for operation Weserbung.

That's incredibly lucky - stressful - amazing all at once!

That's incredibly lucky - stressful - amazing all at once!
I certainly didn't expect to work so well. 2 things need to be taken into account. First, I built massive amounts of infantry in 1937-1938. In addition to that, I researched a lot in land doctrine and in industry, building assembly lines as early as 1938.
Secondly, I realize now that France is very weak in early 1939. Occupation of Czechs should give them a Gearing for War event and a second after Ribentropp Molotov treaty. Absent of that, they have a lot of poorly trained infantry and garrisons and almost no planes.
England too is simply incapable of sending BEF to France in 1939 as their transportation is abysmal.
This allowed me against all hopes to defeat Czechs, Poles, Low Countries and France in 6 months.
Next I will likely invade Yugoslavia and I am not sure about Norway. With France down, Norway is simply not important and it would add more land to defend against English.

First off thanks to Hirtz, Fernando Torres, and all the modders that worked on this. My current game as Japan is pretty sik. I'll upload save files of key moments in the October '33 to July '34 offensive, later on, once it is actually done. I am in May 4th of '34 and expect to overwhelm half a million Soviets north of Manchuria added on top of the half million that surrendered north of Vladivostok. No small thanks to natty China for filling in the gaps and allowing almost the entirety, minus maybe 3 divisions, of Nippon to act as the godly legendary katana Musahsi.

I'm interested where all this will go. China has claims all the way past Xinjiang, into Turkestan perhaps. Around November, maybe, an event came about that would forfeit Manchuria to the natties for control over the industry of off-map 5 ic. I wuz liek, 8p. Said no, for no malus. There will last a dynasty in Manchuria and the natties will have to accept it like they're trying to accept the warlords on their borders.

I am having issues trying to get these save files up. I put it all in one folder with the eug and cfg for each save. IT WORKS!!!!

The earliest is the launching point for attacking the entire game with all the prereq stuff cleared.

October 6 '33 is the next earliest save about a month and a half after natty China pissed off the USSR.

December 24 '33 is the first offensive to cut off half of the Soviet forces in the region. I added ones where pivots could have been broken if the USSR had been more aggressive.

May 4 '34 is the second offensive. Pivots added.

July 20 '34 showcases, possibly, the beginning of the end for Communism. Soviet losses are 1,164,000 and I guess two-thirds of that were overwhelmed and surrendered. Japanese and natty forces combined lost half a million in combat.

If these saves can be used for multiplayer games, they'd be great fun.

Attachments

• DHJapan'33warvsUSSR.zip
    13,6 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I had some luck and South Africa left the Allies right after star of WW2. However, they re-joined when they DoWed Japan after PH. Maybe change their AI, so they won't bother what's going on all over the world?