• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, Germany AI has a real issue defending the beaches there. As a matter of fact all those provinces, including in Norway have way too many beaches. Map edit might be in order.

Landon as president should not fire. AFAIK, odds for AI to choose other path than historical are 0. I will have to check on this, later today.

IIRC AI can spawn Landon if there's high enough dissent in the US; chances are still low, though.

Oddly enough, Britain just loves attacking Lowlands, but ignores Norway and France.

IIRC AI can spawn Landon if there's high enough dissent in the US; chances are still low, though.

Oddly enough, Britain just loves attacking Lowlands, but ignores Norway and France.
In my games, usually England goes for the Norway.RK Norwegen leaves areas like Bergen or Narvik undefended and Brits always creep about on those areas. I usually concentrate on low countries as I prepare for the invasion of England in 1940 or 1941. I never did a landing after Barbarossa.

When I play as Germany I always gamble to land in Britain before Barbarossa, so Lowlands are full of divisions prepared to jump across the Channel (sometimes I don't even bother Scandinavia at all). Unfortunately, AI is quite bad at this. I wonder if the reason is Lolwands RK decision that AI just likes to enact.

While unofficial, I am now trying to make some sort of a merger of EoD and parts of Grand Campaign (and some events from PWV).

At this point, I am trying to set a new starting date, on 1928, but with various fixes that haunt me on all of my EoD games. Like AI Italians invading Eastern US or Canada, sending their transports all over horn of Africa from Somalia to land on Quebec...

What I did was to reduce the number of beaches for Canada on Eastern part of their country, especially since they leave it undefended anyway. I also reduced the number of beaches in Europe, replaced several in on US East coast and did the same for several places in China.

Obviously the biggest difficulty is setting up the background for the various wars in China in late 20s and the Japan invasion of Manchuria in 1931. Luckily some events are included there from EoD. My guess is that at some point Hirz or JMerril or some other modder intended to make this mod start earlier. I still need to make sure that the borders are properly set for 1928. Also leaders, ministers, HoS or events like Financial Crash of 1929 and 1930.

Fixing units and especially ships available for various countries in 1928 is going to be a nightmare of research...

• 4Like
Reactions:
Wtll GER have a chance of no Hitler?
Well, EoD already has the communist option starting with 1933 elections, but it is broken. I do want to fix that.

However, I do not want to overextend myself and start too many modifications and paths. Better to have a version that does several things that work, than to have a version that tries to do a hundred things that don't.

Maybe in the future. For now, no. PWV covers that, but for a mod that starts in 1928, restoration of monarchy when communists and nazis are locked in a struggle to get in control, is way too complicated.

I do not want to complicate things. We are talking about a game that is 17 years old, I don't want or have the time to work on this fir several years...

Yes, otoh has far fewer ministers for smaller countries than I expected. Not that it matters, I already did those changes on ministers and leaders. I just need to ensure their proper retirement dates (Alternate history considered).

Now on topic of new events, including for possible monarchy restoration for Germany, people need to understand that I am still learning how to create events. I can fix bugs, modify the scenario and lists or even some events using the amazing Hoi2 editor.
But I am not skilled in creating events. I am not too tempted on trying to implement them either. This is why I said it is unofficial.

You want plenty of Alternate history paths? Try PWV. It is definitely not as refined as EoD and many paths go nowhere, but it will net you a different outcome.
I am not going to walk in that direction.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, otoh has far fewer ministers for smaller countries than I expected. Not that it matters, I already did those changes on ministers and leaders. I just need to ensure their proper retirement dates (Alternate history considered).

Now on topic of new events, including for possible monarchy restoration for Germany, people need to understand that I am still learning how to create events. I can fix bugs, modify the scenario and lists or even some events using the amazing Hoi2 editor.
But I am not skilled in creating events. I am not too tempted on trying to implement them either. This is why I said it is unofficial.

You want plenty of Alternate history paths? Try PWV. It is definitely not as refined as EoD and many paths go nowhere, but it will net you a different outcome.
I am not going to walk in that direction.
Do what you want. It's your modding. ANd eventually if you feel like sharing, do. If not, don't.

Btw, I'm was just trying to help with a resource, not looking/pressuring you to make the ideas you mentioned. I'm working (slowly) on a mod with start in 29, still doing research though.

Do what you want. It's your modding. ANd eventually if you feel like sharing, do. If not, don't.

Btw, I'm was just trying to help with a resource, not looking/pressuring you to make the ideas you mentioned. I'm working (slowly) on a mod with start in 29, still doing research though.
I was not talking about you. Rwglaub said that he "wants" a monarchy restoration for Germany.

I do appreciate help with resources and I do keep in mind ideas for improvement for EoD.

However I do not do requests or wishes... My previous post was something I wrote to prevent future requests like that...

Reactions: