• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Same. Also, if you are new to the mod, as I am, then the Afrika Korps will be created by event. Just learned that. I just lost it, can you belief that, against the AI? Smashed it through Cyrenica and destroyed several allied divisions, until I had reached Tobruk, being under a massive 30+ division assault, and lost my rear and got wiped out. Learning by doing.

It is amazing, that a game this old, can still be this fun. But it is. Love this mod. Now I will try to play Japan.

• 1Like
Reactions:
They work for the most the part but it's outdated meaning some unit IDs were changed and many new brigades aren't covered also, so you'll end up with a mix of Francesco's and vanilla's models.

I've fixed all of that in my mod so I guess you could add the models from my mod instead of the official download. Even then later models (essentially cold war ones) of this mod aren't covered. Also their extra brigades aren't covered and you might need to adjust some stuff in the units and country file.

• 1Like
Reactions:
They work for the most the part but it's outdated meaning some unit IDs were changed and many new brigades aren't covered also, so you'll end up with a mix of Francesco's and vanilla's models.

I've fixed all of that in my mod so I guess you could add the models from my mod instead of the official download. Even then later models (essentially cold war ones) of this mod aren't covered. Also their extra brigades aren't covered and you might need to adjust some stuff in the units and country file.

I'm confused. Are you saying you have a mod that already does this? I have a good game going on EoD now, I would just like to add Francesco's Models without ruining my game.

Do you have an updated version of Francesco's Models?

I'm confused. Are you saying you have a mod that already does this? I have a good game going on EoD now, I would just like to add Francesco's Models without ruining my game.

Do you have an updated version of Francesco's Models?

His mod in Blood And Iron. You can just replace the EoD models folder with his. He has lots of nice graphics in his mod.

Reactions:
His mod in Blood And Iron. You can just replace the EoD models folder with his. He has lots of nice graphics in his mod.

Oh yes, I already got it. I already started a campaign I liked in EoD though. I just merged the Francesco's models with EoD, which is not complete, but better than nothing.
Blood & Iron for some reason doesn't have all the features (techs & events etc( that EoD has - but the graphics are great.

More speech audio from events would be very much appreciated!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I wasn't sure what to do for the Polish Occupation Policy. Historical route is to release it under Hans Frank, but isn't gaining 5IC worth the short term 10 dissent you receive? Are the puppet regimes you setup better than ruling them directly?

When Hitler dies, on VH VH F, shouldent there then be a Göring Staff unit placed in Berlin?

Attachments

• Darkest Hour v 1.05.1 (UMZB)  Mods_Edge of Darkness v2.2 02-12-2020 12_45_20.png
    Darkest Hour v 1.05.1 (UMZB) Mods_Edge of Darkness v2.2 02-12-2020 12_45_20.png
    755 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
I have almost all of Europe in my sphere as Germany (and Middle East + Iran + Turkey + Azerbaijan), it is 1943, fighting against the USSR, and I have 0 Oil, daily change of -160.17. How do I fix this situation?

EDIT: My whole airforce and navy is already grounded.

Another question: How do I trigger the "Bitter Peace"?

I (Germany) own Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad, Astrakhan & Arkhangelsk.

Italy owns Baku.

Also the AI Japan never managed to defeat China (in fact they are losing), so I can't ask them to intervene against the USSR.

1.Buy as much oil as you can BEFORE the war starts .How much oil did you have when Barbarossa started?

2.Don't build too many tanks and mec/mot or you're are going to use to much of your oil reserves.

3.You should win the war in late 1941 or early 1942.

4.Take Baku from the Italians.

Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad, Astrakhan & Arkhangelsk.

Italy owns Baku.

That should be enough but it can take some time for the event to trigger.I don't know if italy holding baku may mess something up so you could try to get it from the AI or lose it and recapture it yourself.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Another question: How do I trigger the "Bitter Peace"?

I (Germany) own Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad, Astrakhan & Arkhangelsk.

Italy owns Baku.

Also the AI Japan never managed to defeat China (in fact they are losing), so I can't ask them to intervene against the USSR.
You also need Sverdlovsk or Vladivostok (or capture Stalin; did he flee from Moscow?). You don't need to take Baku from Italians, just make sure Soviets don't have it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You also need Sverdlovsk or Vladivostok (or capture Stalin; did he flee from Moscow?). You don't need to take Baku from Italians, just make sure Soviets don't have it.

Stalin died. Beria and for some (very strange reason) Alexander Kerensky are heady of state/government respectively now. I don't own Sverdlovsk or Vladivostok, but that sounds extremely annoying if I have to advance that far. Especially since Japan is such a lame duck.

1.Buy as much oil as you can BEFORE the war starts .How much oil did you have when Barbarossa started?

2.Don't build too many tanks and mec/mot or you're are going to use to much of your oil reserves.

3.You should win the war in late 1941 or early 1942.

4.Take Baku from the Italians.

That should be enough but it can take some time for the event to trigger.I don't know if italy holding baku may mess something up so you could try to get it from the AI or lose it and recapture it yourself.

Almost amazingly, even without oil, I was able to advance against the Soviets and win. Just took probably a year longer than it should have.
I honestly wasn't paying enough attention to my oil. I also stupidly had planes/ships doing pointless missions throughout the game.

Almost amazingly, even without oil, I was able to advance against the Soviets and win. Just took probably a year longer than it should have.
I honestly wasn't paying enough attention to my oil. I also stupidly had planes/ships doing pointless missions throughout the game.

Did you know that "bitter peace" has an very high offset and random? So, if Moscow, Petrograd and Stalingrad in your hands, event could fire when you will fight for poorest Siberian city

Did you know that "bitter peace" has an very high offset and random? So, if Moscow, Petrograd and Stalingrad in your hands, event could fire when you will fight for poorest Siberian city

I set the game on very high speed, and waited like a year, and it didn't fire. So something is bugged. Revolt Risk within the USSR after the death of Stalin, and when all major cities are captured, should be much higher. Is Kerensky becoming head of government part of a power sharing scheme as Stalinism crumbles?