• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Would this be a good stepping stone from darkest hour full? I am looking to play Italy in an historic hard and immersive game. What would you say is the difference between this one, trp, world in flames and all in one mod?

I see some of my questions answered above, still if anyone else would chime in, cheers!

Last edited:
Would this be a good stepping stone from darkest hour full? I am looking to play Italy in an historic hard and immersive game. What would you say is the difference between this one, trp, world in flames and all in one mod?

I see some of my questions answered above, still if anyone else would chime in, cheers!

They're both very immersive mods. It's been awhile since I've played WiF, but I've played Italy in both mods and EoD has slightly more events and decisions for Italy. It also has more special units. Also, EoD uses the Cold War Tech Tree which they've fixed, so that's another plus.

But you can't go wrong with either mod. Also check out All In One mod which uses WiF and NWO as its base.

Tinkered around a bit with fuel consumption for units, kind of noticed world went dry in 1941-1942 and ai were struggling, gave me idea to create couple of post war events as well. Forgot how much I liked this mod :D
You can also remove the limits on depots. Those don't make sense anyway. Especially the overlimit waste.

"look we don't have any more room in the oil tankers. We'll just throw it away instead of finding a way to store it"

Although I have neved played it as Italy, as Germany this mod can be quite challenging and definitely more so than any other mod I played since WIF2 HO2, which for my skills at the time at least, was the hardest of all.
For instance, in EoD Barbarossa is very challenging with up to 800 highly organized and fully updated Soviet divisions waiting for you. The allies are also very active constantly harassing me with amphibious landings not to mention the Invasion America event when the populace rises against you and surroundes your troops with 300+ fresh divisions.
So you need to be on your toes from the beginning to the end.

I always choose to attack on the entire front. Why is the historical choice to be preferred?

When chosing Leningrad there is a bug that has the USSR surrender without holding all of the normally required provinces.

For instance, in EoD Barbarossa is very challenging with up to 800 highly organized and fully updated Soviet divisions waiting for you.

Maybe if you play on the VH game difficulty but normally no.At least not in 1941.

America event when the populace rises against you and surroundes your troops with 300+ fresh divisions.

Trash troops that have to be redeployed and are thus easy to encircle.I had a single encirclement with 200 divs inside when I invaded in my last game since the AI redeployed them to the same province and my tank armies crushed them.

since WIF2 HO2,

EoD gives more starting IC which makes the game a bit easier if you're good at the IC whoring part of the game so I wouldn't say it is harder.

The American rise event fires up if you take Washington DC.
In one of my previous games, I waited until I had nukes and used one on that troop concentration. Biggest slaughter I ever had...

The American rise event fires up if you take Washington DC.
In one of my previous games, I waited until I had nukes and used one on that troop concentration. Biggest slaughter I ever had...
Well, the event seem to fire up even without taking Washington d.c. or even New York.
It seems that if a certain number of key provinces are taken you get the event.
Depending on your straategy, the 3-400 militia units may or may not appear on the frontline where they may or may not get easily encircled.
In my last game, I was able to encircle no less than 240 divisions in Albany, New York in July 1944.
After that it was easy. I was not able to read long text pop ups so that I ended up blindly choosing to break up the US into several states.
Right now my mechanized infantry is fighting in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

There are serveral regions that can trigger it

#### Grey Dawn
event = {
id = 1000942
random = no
country = USA

trigger = {
NOT = { event = 2049051 } #USA surrenders to Germany vanilla event
war = { country = GER country = USA }
OR = {
region = { region = "Northeast US" country = GER data = 1 value = 1 }
region = { region = "Midwest US" country = GER data = 1 value = 1 }
region = { region = "Northwest US" country = GER data = 1 value = 1 }
region = { region = "Southwest US" country = GER data = 1 value = 1 }
region = { region = "Southcentral US" country = GER data = 1 value = 1 }
region = { region = "Southeast US" country = GER data = 1 value = 1 }

The Grey Dawn event is actually completely broken for AI, since one of the 273 divisions that spawn in Lexington is a locked Garrision division, which makes the AI unable to use the 272 unlocked ones. I wish there would be an update to EOD that fixes stuff like this as well as makes German/Japanese AI actually able to invade Britain, US and whatnot :( And maybe make the Germans actually keep Afrika Korps in, well, Africa

They can't be, even if you get that event as a player you have 273 divs in Lexington, and not for deployement. But in any case, the AI consistently gets a merged army of 273 divisions it does nothing with in Lexington, and it matches up with stories of others nuking a lot of divs in one province. I mean, you could've just tested it too D:
smVqvYH.jpg

Hello all! I'd just like to say this is my favourite mod for DH and I've probably spent 200 hours playing this mod alone over the last few years, Unfortunately in my last Germany game I'm having what I can only figure is a bug. So its now 1948, theres not an allied country left in Europe, Soviets fell in 42' and the UK in 44', last time I played this far into the game an event fired for the German-American cold war I think only a few months after Britain surrendered, This event never fired and I really want there to be a third world war in my game so I can take advantage of new tech tree and have some time to demobilize and do general plan ost. Theres another event that is also not firing and that is the moving of the heavy water plant to Germany from Norway, I got the event that the British tried and failed to sabotage it, I remember getting this event the last time I played but that was over a year ago. If I release RK Norway im afraid ill lose all my reactors because ive built them all Norway. Any help with what the conditions are for these events would be helpful.

Came back to DH, play as USA and I wonder why I don't have access to armor divisions (I have relevant techs)?

There's the 1934 Armoured Division Tech in the Land Doctrines and then there's the 1939 Medium Tank Tech. I haven't played EoD in a long time, but if you've researched those, then it might have to be unlocked by event for the U.S. to prevent them from being overpowered.

There's the 1934 Armoured Division Tech in the Land Doctrines and then there's the 1939 Medium Tank Tech. I haven't played EoD in a long time, but if you've researched those, then it might have to be unlocked by event for the U.S. to prevent them from being overpowered.
I've just realized that I forgot to research Armoured Div tech... :(

I'm in 1939 now but didn't get any SS divisions. (neither infantry, motorized or panzer divisions).

What is the problem here?
You should get some decisions to form single SS divisions. You can produce regular SS divisions after you develop your infantry, armor etc. techs (so no earlier than in early 40s).

You should get some decisions to form single SS divisions. You can produce regular SS divisions after you develop your infantry, armor etc. techs (so no earlier than in early 40s).

Thanks!

That's different from All In One mod where you get them before 1940 if I recall correctly.

So in this mod it would be impossible to prepare them for Barbarossa?