• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OnFire

General Secretary
24 Badges
Jan 26, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
EDGE OF DARKNESS: CUSTOM

Based on Edge of Darkness by Hirz, I added parts from some other great mods, which greatly enhance the game experience: Cold War Tech Tree, Mixed Mod, New World Order and Mod33. Full credit goes to the original creators of these mods as I just compiled them on top of Edge of Darkness. It is for DH V 1.04 and the current version is V.04 "Alfred".

Pics:
ich9qwup.jpg

b2gsobwc.jpg

uvn5ldtt.jpg

Old Version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ll8ecq4s35gk1cg/Edge of Darkness Custom v.02 Charlie.7z

Tons of events are added, for example the player can now pick one of 4 different paths with Germany: Either go historically, or let the communists seize power (who may even create the 4th International and fight Stalin), let Schleicher stay in office and restore the monarchy or stay democratic and realign with the western powers.

One can build all the nice things from CWTT mod and still have the many great custom units (like naval minefields and elite divisions) from Edge of Darkness.

DOWNLOAD NEW VERSION FOR DH 1.04 HERE:
https://mega.nz/#!WkcwiaBB!H-pCD5nSu_ESS5FhoTj-890t-iLfaXaXYCGUMkETZr4

- Go to your game's mod directory (e.g. "X:\Program Files\Darkest Hour\Mods");
- Extract the file "Edge of Darkness Custom V.xx" to this directory
- Select mod in launcher and play
- Enjoy!

Known bugs: the counters are messed up, it would be great if anyone could fix them; and a rare ctd bug with the intelligence screen.

The mod is built upon:

Edge of Darkness by Hirz

The mod uses work done by:

Mixed Mod (by Arcanjo Zero)
World in Flames Mod (by Fernando Torres)
Mod33 (by koenig12)
CWTTE Mod (by Kretoxian)
New World Order 2 Mod (by Bizon)
SKIF Icons Mod (by kazoo)
CWTT-SKIF Icons Mod (by derekg36)
Francescos Models Mod (by Francesco)
DH DEC map mod (by Decriser)
Fire ballon mod (by stahl-opa)

Special thanks go out to:
Hirz
RRT877
Dodraugen
Rumpnissen89
novapaddy
Aleksa75
Ericafaq
anakin1390
bradshawja
b2e
moxs602
Danielshannon
Francesco
Yayap
Fernando Torres
Ghost_dk
Aregorn 050404
Dec152000
c0d5579
Bolt
Luxor
MateDow
Arcanjo Zero
Faulty
jpbfr
sephy
Limith
Daboo
OneAussieMan777
Martin BG
eeeex
Tormentor
nomonhan
The Kaiserreich Team
jamiroquai000 (ALL IN ONE MOD)
All those whose work I used and forgot to mention

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Me?In mod creidts?For what?Anyway,thanks,when i will finish work with my mod i will try your

what other kinda alternate history choices do we have before I DL?

Or is it just a Germany mod essentially?

What about an Italy campaign with a twist:

uvn5ldtt.jpg

ROMA INVICTA

This looks like a cool mod, I noticed something playing as the U.S., you can build ranger "battalions" but they have the manpower of a full Infantry Division, that is 13,000 men. Was this intentional?

Great mod
Enjoying DDR gameplay very much
I already have Czechoslovakia, Poland, Romania and Austria in my alliance (year is 1935)
What should i do next:
Liberate french proletariat, crush italian fascists or fight stalinist dictature?
How do you guys think?

event war academy re-opened leads to mobilisation. I would change that otherwise Germany will soon suffer manpower problems

nobel peace price DESC is missing

Thank you. Bugs noted and fixed in hotfix #1.

mod 33 events regarding Trotskyist coup in?

Sadly not yet, as they are only available in french and my french is a bit, ahem, merde. But I wish to include them in later versions.

This looks like a cool mod, I noticed something playing as the U.S., you can build ranger "battalions" but they have the manpower of a full Infantry Division, that is 13,000 men. Was this intentional?

Working as designed, as Hoi and DH combat mechanics don't really support land units smaller than divisions.

Germany recieved panzer division after crushing France. That division is called "NO STRING WANTED"...
Why Italy has claim on Kavala in Greece?

Hmm, can you maybe elaborate? Was it the unit name, model name or division name?
I will look into these bugs, thank you for posting them.

It's a pleasure to play in stable (non-CTD) version of EoD. One of the best mods. I wonder why UK doesn't capitulate if someone takes control over British Isles?

Is Germany at war with US or USSR ?

No. Allied with France, at war with UK&rest of Commonwealth. Usually after capturing most of Isles, capitulation event fires, ENG secedes Isles for the conqueror and slowly goes down. This time, nothing happens. Neither usual "surrender the Isles" or general capitulation.

No. Allied with France, at war with UK&rest of Commonwealth. Usually after capturing most of Isles, capitulation event fires, ENG secedes Isles for the conqueror and slowly goes down. This time, nothing happens. Neither usual "surrender the Isles" or general capitulation.
Strange. Have you invaded other parts of ENG as well? Best would be if you could provide a savegame. I will look into it. The surrender event has also a 50% chance of Britain fighting on, maybe the chance should be lower.