• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, preposterous really when you think about it! :D

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I can only imagine @El Pip reading that and sitting off crying in the corner banging on the wall.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Yes, preposterous really when you think about it! :D
IMG_7466.gif

I can only imagine @El Pip reading that and sitting off crying in the corner banging on the wall.
Pip gave the message a stoic thumbs up reaction, which I’m sure masks all sorts of inner turmoil.

• 5Haha
Reactions:
Pip gave the message a stoic thumbs up reaction, which I’m sure masks all sorts of inner turmoil.
Honestly I'd have been more surprised if there had been anything positive at all. It would be like complaining that Threads was a bit bleak, the unrelenting awful misery and comprehensive crushing of anything good or hopeful is the point.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
In his alt version of your alt version, Mosley tripped on the carpet and this changes EVERYTHING.
Indeed. Gerjaz Fritz rises to power through his mastery of carpet bonding, leading to the Anglo-Slovak Union ruling much of Europe.
DYAEiOu.gif

• 4Haha
Reactions:
In his alt version of your alt version, Mosley tripped on the carpet and this changes EVERYTHING.
In fairness, this would’ve been gold dust for the Redadder writing room.

Indeed. Gerjaz Fritz rises to power through his mastery of carpet bonding, leading to the Anglo-Slovak Union ruling much of Europe.
DYAEiOu.gif
May we see peace in our time!

• 4Like
Reactions:
DYAEiOu.gif

With hip flasks for all!

The days of T&T...good times*. :)

*Unless you are T&T, of course. Then "Good Times" is just an concept beyond the grasp of Slovakia.

Edit:
DensleyBlair, I meant to comment on your announcement about the next update earlier, but I ran out of time.

After spending some time today pushing ahead with the next chapter (or the next section of our current chapter), I have come to something of a profound realisation. Having been working on the Lewis-era material for over two and a half of Echoes' four-and-a-half-year lifespan, our upcoming chapter, at long last, will bring the arc to a close. The present plot lines (the mining dispute, economic liberalisation, Welsh autonomist militancy, the revived social movement, the breakdown of the traditional party political system, and so on) will all reach their (interim) conclusions with the end of the story of Lewis's premiership. Put another way, I will have finished telling the story that I was so excited to begin telling three years ago, when I first began to plan it in detail: the story of a society coming out of the long, hard years of Mosleyism and beginning, fitfully, and with great pain and difficulty, to shape for itself a new self-image. This being the case, I have decided that, with this as-neat-as-possible tying up of the present problems, the next update will be our last substantive chapter, and Echoes of a New Tomorrow will come to an end.

I am looking forward to seeing the end of this magnificent project. It has been a great ride, full of different ways of showing how your world has developed. The Redadder updates in particular were hilarious, and stood perfectly on their own if you knew nothing about the OTL influences (like me).

Well, for one thing, it does not mean the end of the Commonwealth. I'm not sure exactly how long I will keep writing the imagined history of this wonderful, dysfunctional world, but I've got sketches taking us one way or another all the way up to 1993. That is probably an upper limit, and I have no idea how realistic a prospect getting there is, but I am determined to do the Seventies at the very least.

I know what you mean. I have my current Presidents AAR sketched out to 1991, but I don't know if I will get that far either. After all, there is A LOT of things going on in the Sixties. In fact, I think I have spent more time on that decade than I did on the decades prior.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: