• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah sorry, I was not aware. I would usually have done so, but it seemed a bit pointless since the only one I was addressing was German as well. Thanks.
Translations of my posts of needed:

Greetings, and first of all my praise for this tool.

Which I am apparently too stupid to use. Everything works fine and the flag is created, however afterwards there appears, just like shown in the first post, the window prompting to save the file now. The problem is that I do not know how to do this, as the popup blocks the program and leaves me unable to do anything but to close it which in turn undoes the edits...

That is exactly the strange thing - As soon as I click Stop, the finished flag reverts back to EFM.psd. A play button is also nowhere to be found, and I also checked the clipboard but there rests only the original image.
Maybe this is due to me using Photoshop Elements 6.0? Actions generally seem to work a bit differently there, even during their installation.

Last edited:
@ P.P.A.

New test
Try running the program with these files:

EFM_fixiert

I change the program, thus you won't to be asked to "save as bmp and click play again". The flags should be automatically saved on your Desktop (I assume you have a German Windows) as bmp-files.

But therse something else you have to know, because the program will ask you when you have to displace the picture for forming the little flag. A window will be open you have to make sure that there will be stand "Horizontale Skalierung: 0; Vertikale Skalierung: 1" and han you have to choose "displaceVictoria". If you want to create a flag in "Birger style", for the big flag you have to make sure "Horizontale Skalierung: 1; Vertikale Skalierung: 1" and choose "displaceBirger" than for the little flag you have ti do "Horizontale Skalierung: 0; Vertikale Skalierung: 1" like normal again and choose "displaceVictoria".

@ Polish Empire

I think your problem is more a general problem with Photoshop than with my "Easy Flag Maker". I google something, maybe this site will help you:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop/f/scratchdisk.htm
[...] It is also possible to get the "scratch disk is full" error, even if the scratch disk drive has free space. This is because Photoshop requires contiguous, unfragmented free space on the scratch disk drive. If you are getting the "scratch disk is full" error message and your scratch disk drive does show a good amount of free space, you may need to run a disk defragmentation utility. For more information, see How to Defragment Your Hard Drive for Windows or Defragmenting Your Hard Drive for Macintosh. [...]

Can some one walk me through how to make a none rectangular flag example below for the game

in-udaim.gif

NEVER MIND figured it out myself took me awhile :p

Last edited:
Flag maker for Gimp

Hey there,

F_R, your EFM appears to be an awesome tool for modders, and I'm aiming to create a HoI2 mod for myself. But sadly enough I don't have Photoshop. Is there any way to make EFM work with Gimp, since that's all I can use...? maybe I can even learn the single steps to create my flags and shields with Gimp by hand...

I appreciate your reply,
Pako

@ El_Pako

Sorry, but I do not work with Gimp, so I do not know how to export a photoshop-action in it.
But as you said, I can show you steps one by one, if you want.
Only one thing could be a problem: To disort the little flag-stripe you choose a white-grey picture like this: http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h270/Fridericus_Rex/Paradox/f33.jpg
Then you have to confirm a percent-number and the flags are disorted. I do not know, how to make such in Gimp?

@ saga7

What exactly is exactly the problem you have? Or is the problem all in one?

RIP Megaupload by the way.
Would be awesome if somebody reuploaded the files. I could do it in a week if nobody does it earlier.

Rapidshare doesn't have the files either.

Is it considered necroposting?

Can you post a direct file?:huh:
I suppose it's not obvious at all to look at the post right above yours, even when it contains exactly what you want?
Or to scroll up five more posts to find the post that post above yours is referring to?

Anyway, this is one link and this is another one.

06.08.2018 edit: only my Mediafire link is still working. Oh well.

Last edited: