• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry for the bump guys,but...

I have PS CS2.The problem is that I get this error when it has to do the flag(it managed to make the shield just fine.)

here-1.jpg

I think it should be work with CS4 (I hae done it with CS2).
For example, what exactly does not work?
The aplication never seems to open up. I play it, but it just goes through the steps, and I get a giant mess. Tells me to crop n stuff. Is there a specific area I have to put the EFM application, like in Photoshops, C drive folder?

@ Legosim

You have not to copy files in your Photoshop direction, just somewhere on your PC. I do not believe, that CS 4 has changed that.
But for the first time, you have to load in the application in your Photoshop. Before using it (I think you already did it). Mayby you can tell me exactle what is in the "giant mess"?

@ secretalex125

At your screenshot I see that in your current step, you have the layers "Layer 1", "Layer 2", "Layer 3", "Layer 4", "Layer 5", but when I run to this step I have also these layers but without "Layer 5". So in one step your programm made one Layer more. If you can tell me what every layer shows for itself (by deacivating the others), we will get closer to solve the problem.

Well,I looked over the file.

Layer 1 remained unchanged.
Layers 2,3,5 are the same.All of them are the flag that I copy-pasted(When I pasted it,PS made didn't paste it over layer 1,it made an extra layer - layer 2).So,it is layer 2 duplicated into 3 and 5.
Layer 4 is basically layer 2(the flag) put into position for the shield.

That's it.If you want the PSD file,I can PM it to ya,if you want.

@ secretalex125

First, I think the best way is to send me your "EFM.psd" via PM at the situation like you have posted in the forum.

You wrote "All of them are the flag that I copy-pasted". So have you copy the pattern flag and paste it into EFM.psd? You only have to copy the pattern and to load the file "EFM.psd" into photoshop, but you needn't to copy the flag into "EFM.psd", ust actvate the programm, which will already make this step for you.

But back to your problem. The error-massage tells you that your selected area is only an empty area, so please controle it, by deactivating the other layers, only your actual one "layer 5" at yours should be activate. Than zoom in your selectet area (in your screenshot the dashed line at the botten of the single flag, and check if this is a part of your "layer 5".

The flag maker works fine, you just gave the wrong instructions. As "Afalsejedi" noted, DO NOT paste the flag in the flag maker. Just resize and copy it. Please change your instructions.

My problem was that I was, like an idiot, not opening up "efm.PSD", and trying to play the action with MY picture, not "efm.PSD". But that's just my stupidity, and not sure if anyone else did this.

I hope I help some people, but I'm glad I helped myself :p

Anyways, thanks you for Rex for saving me time, trouble, and pain making my own darn flags. You are a life saver.

I have a similar problem like secretalex125, Iam still getting "Could not complete command because affected area is empty or does not overlap the canvas." message (exactly at the first "Crop" step). My flag is in RGB mode, and its sized 70x44px. And Iam using Photoshop CS3.

edit: Ah, never mind, I fixed it, there was some problem with my photoshop.

Last edited:
Guten Tag, und erstmal mein Lob für dieses Werkzeug.

Zu dessen Benutzung ich anscheinend zu blöd bin. Alles verläuft planmäßig und die Flagge wird kreiert, allerdings erscheint danach so wie im ersten Beitrag angezeigt das Fenster mit der Aufforderung die Datei nun zu speichern. Das Problem ist dass ich nicht weiß wie ich das anstellen soll, da das Pop-Up nun mal das Programm blockiert und ich nichts tun kann mit Ausnahme des Schließens des Fensters was wiederum die Bearbeitung rückgängig macht...

Wenn das Fenster "Speicher die Flagge als BMP" erscheint, bestätige es mit "Stop". Jetzt kann das Bild gespeichert werden. Da das Programm nur gestoppt wurde, arbeitet es an der angehalteten Stelle wieder weiter, sobald erneut auf "Play" gedrückt wird.
Gerade das ist eben das seltsame - Sobald ich auf Anhalten klicke, revertiert die fertige Flagge zurück zu EFM.psd. Ein Play-Knopf ist ebenfalls nirgendwo zu sehen, und im Clipboard ist auch nur das Originalbild.
Vielleicht liegt es daran, dass ich Photoshop Elements 6.0 benutze? Aktionen scheinen da generell etwas anders zu ticken, auch schon bei der Installation.

sorry but it is forbidden to speak another language then english here, go to the german forum, there it is not forbidden and there is there a victoria section. i say this because you can be banned and i dont think you want that.