Eastern Front Planes Pack/Eastern Front Music Pack/1.10.7 Patch Released [checksum 02cc]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This had been brought up a few times but the devs havnt replied to it. I know nothing about game creation but surely this is a simple fix and should have easily made it into this patch?
I'll bring that to our wonderful content people but I hope you can appreciate it's not as critical as doctrines giving no bonuses anymore ;)

• 9Like
Reactions:
I'm loving this. Thanks for the update and the pending hotfix.

One question, I'm running some graphical mods - will the new graphics overwrite the mod or do I need to disable them?

The Eastern Front Planes Pack Includes:

21 German Plane Models: A fleet of Luftwaffe designs, including the feared Ju-87 Stuka, the ubiquitous He-111 medium bomber and three hypothetical carrier launched planes.

12 Soviet Plane Models: A dozen planes from the Red Army Air Forces, including the “varnished coffin” LaGG-3 fighter, the celebrated Il-2 close air support plane, and the Tu-4 Cold War strategic bomber.

Shouldn't be 20 German Plane Models and 13 Soviet Plane Models?

Hey folks, just letting you know that we've swapped out the build for a new 1.10.7 version. All this does is remove a fix for a modding-only issue, that caused nasty side effects (disabling some doctrine effects on unit stats). Nothing else has changed. Please keep us informed if you hit any other issues with the new fixes in this patch.

• 12Like
  • 6Love
Reactions:
Hey folks, just letting you know that we've swapped out the build for a new 1.10.7 version. All this does is remove a fix for a modding-only issue, that caused nasty side effects (disabling some doctrine effects on unit stats). Nothing else has changed. Please keep us informed if you hit any other issues with the new fixes in this patch.
It's fantastic that you've acted so quickly so try to fix this.

• 7Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
I think i found another buggy thing:

I played a minor nation with the generic focus tree for test purposes. The naval focuses seem to not give research bonuses any more. At least the "+100% research speed" was not shown with the techs.

The other focus based bonuses worked fine as far as i can say.

Can anyone confirm?

Reactions:
I think i found another buggy thing:

I played a minor nation with the generic focus tree for test purposes. The naval focuses seem to not give research bonuses any more. At least the "+100% research speed" was not shown with the techs.

The other focus based bonuses worked fine as far as i can say.

Can anyone confirm?
I can confirm this. I am running a test game started in 1.10.6 and continued in 1.10.7. The 100% bonus for naval techs appears at the top of the Research Screen, but is not applied to the techs themselves. See the attached save game (Mods: none; DLCs: PUR, TFV, WTT, MTG, AP, Colonel Edition unit packs).

I will try to file a proper bug report when convenient.

Attachments

• HAI_1939_05_02_10 Test.hoi4
    13,1 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Only production lines that have progressed further than 25% will be kept no matter what.
So change the starting production lines to be GT 25%, if they are currently less.

The finishing Sound for an upgrade of Intelligence branch still sounds too loud and there is still no option or possibility to adjust the Sound - #La Résistance.

This is really annoying and should be fixed asap or does no one use that DLC aswell these Spy Agencies?

• 2Like
Reactions:
The finishing Sound for an upgrade of Intelligence branch still sounds too loud and there is still no option or possibility to adjust the Sound - #La Résistance.

This is really annoying and should be fixed asap or does no one use that DLC aswell these Spy Agencies?

Yeah, that sound has jumpscared me quite a few times. Also, it seems that the enemy operative captured notification is bugged on lower resolutions.

Reactions:
I can confirm this. I am running a test game started in 1.10.6 and continued in 1.10.7. The 100% bonus for naval techs appears at the top of the Research Screen, but is not applied to the techs themselves. See the attached save game (Mods: none; DLCs: PUR, TFV, WTT, MTG, AP, Colonel Edition unit packs).

I will try to file a proper bug report when convenient.

Thanks for the report, guys! Just entered it in our internal database now, so no need to report it separately in the bug forums.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Just started a new game as Japan. Entered human_ai in console. Unpaused. First the the AI does: Cancel the battleship in production queue. :mad::eek:
Are you aware of this??
Another hotfix please!
(Someone on BICE Discord said, that this now only happens when ship has <25% progress, AND Capital/Screen ratio is not as AI likes it.)

Edit: If you think "that is acceptable", consider how long a capital takes to build ... and that this wreaks Italy in the Med, since for Italy the AI cancels 4 BBs at game start.

Last edited:
Reactions:
German aircraft carriers...

Thanks for the report, guys! Just entered it in our internal database now, so no need to report it separately in the bug forums.

A big thx for your quick reaction! I tried to reproduce and actually found out what's it about:

1. The phenomenon is not exclusive to naval research but to all tech areas.

2. The phenomenon is based on the "2y research ahead malus reduction" being directly connected with the "+100% research speed bonus". In effect the speed bonus cannot be applied if you do not research ahead. I cannot tell whether this is actually a bug or WAD.

3. If it were WAD, i would like to dearly suggest to split the focus effects from each other. Countries that cannot afford the luxury of researching ahead would otherwise never benefit from the research speed bonus... leading to both of the focus effects go to waste...

Just started a new game as Japan. Entered human_ai in console. Unpaused. First the the AI does: Cancel the battleship in production queue. :mad::eek:
Are you aware of this??
Another hotfix please!
(Someone on BICE Discord said, that this now only happens when ship has <25% progress, AND Capital/Screen ratio is not as AI likes it.)

Edit: If you think "that is acceptable", consider how long a capital takes to build ... and that this wreaks Italy in the Med, since for Italy the AI cancels 4 BBs at game start.

After doing a quick check just now, I can't reproduce this on my end. Both with "observe" and with "human_ai", I didn't notice any ships getting cancelled.

Can you confirm which version and checksum are you on? Do you have any mods activated?

Reactions:
A big thx for your quick reaction! I tried to reproduce and actually found out what's it about:

1. The phenomenon is not exclusive to naval research but to all tech areas.

2. The phenomenon is based on the "2y research ahead malus reduction" being directly connected with the "+100% research speed bonus". In effect the speed bonus cannot be applied if you do not research ahead. I cannot tell whether this is actually a bug or WAD.

3. If it were WAD, i would like to dearly suggest to split the focus effects from each other. Countries that cannot afford the luxury of researching ahead would otherwise never benefit from the research speed bonus... leading to both of the focus effects go to waste...

Thanks a lot for the extra info!

I've been looking into this a bit further since I wrote the bug report and there is indeed some weird behaviour with it. I'll update the report.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Are you aware of this??
Another hotfix please!

Yes, I did a test game and I found Japan, France and Italy to cancel the battleship lines as well (but not the other ships). But Germany did not. I think it may have something to do with the developers setting those countries' AI to behave that way, so that they won't waste their resources on navy. Like to ensure Japan AI to win against China.