• Hello Everyone, Today we've upgraded to the latest version of our forum software, bringing more features and better performance to the community. As always, we appreciate your bug reports and feedback, and you can post all of that here, as well as view the list of new features
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

This thread is more than 5 months old.

It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose. If you feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

Wildcat_PL

General
13 Badges
Dec 27, 2002
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
I just tested my standart tactic in CORE. DoWing Netherlands to get java and DoWing Sweden to annex and release it.

In regular AoD both tricks worked fine without allies Dowing Germany, but in core only one was possible. I decided to go for Java Island. Because of resources and a nice base for my future carrier-based expansion.

DoWing before regular time causes many thinks. Germany gets all the mobilisation events, unrestricted submarine warfare and the biggest problem was no MR pact.

With fully mobilized Germany in march 1936 it is much easier. Even the rares aren't a problem. I think that Mobilisation events should be reworked. Perhaps dont check if country is at war, but check if its at war with any opposing big alliance, or other major power. Same about unresticted SS warfare.

HistoryMan

Colonel
14 Badges
Jun 1, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • East India Company Collection
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Achtung Panzer
Might be "easier", but you won't get the Anschluss, Sudetenland, or (as you say) the MR Pact. I can see why the FM event has triggered (because HOL no longer owns her border provinces) but since it is Germany owning them now, this shouldn't be an issue for Germany, in that sense. Will have to review all the Mobilisation events with such triggers to clarify things. These events already check for more than just being at war, but this issue of attacking your neighbour and thus triggering FM via such is a bit of a loophole.

The unrestricted submarine warfare tech is available once you go to war. It does come at a cost (makes you more likely to trigger the mobilisation events for UK, France, etc).

Tim

Wildcat_PL

General
13 Badges
Dec 27, 2002
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
anschluss and sudetenland fired up ok. I managed to trick the game. Succesfully sued for peace before the netherlands surrender event fired. So netherland still owns european provinces. Thats the only way to sue for peace, because once the event fires the peace score is at 0. only the MR pact didnt fire but the danzig or war did. perhaps danzig or war should check for MR like it did in original doomsday.

Perhaps the unrestricted warfare might be avaible to historical countries like ger, usa, jap, sov. And only if there are at war with their historical enemies:
Jap - USA - for both
GER - ENG - germany only
jap - eng - jap only
ger - sov - both

or perhaps axis and commies should get this when they are at war, and allies should have it if their enemies already researched it.