• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Badok

First Lieutenant
47 Badges
Oct 1, 2018
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka 2
So, today I was greeted by Steam with a 500MB update to Planetfall. Looks like the free patch with balance changes and Galactic Empires has come out early. I also got Star Kings DLC unlocked from the season pass, though it doesn't seem want to get downloaded for some reason.

Wasn't this supposed to happen tomorrow? Was the early update intended, or just a happy little accident? If intended, where can we find the patch notes?

So, today I was greeted by Steam with a 500MB update to Planetfall. Looks like the free patch with balance changes and Galactic Empires has come out early. I also got Star Kings DLC unlocked from the season pass, though it doesn't seem want to get downloaded for some reason.

Wasn't this supposed to happen tomorrow? Was the early update intended, or just a happy little accident? If intended, where can we find the patch notes?

This is normal for Steam IIRC. I can see the same (DLC is marked as ' in library' for me).
The content is already online and might even be downloaded as a pre-load (depending on if the publisher allows this).
The release date and time in the Steam store ' locks' the content even if pre-loaded. I see @OliverThulin already replied as to the exact release time.

I actually downlaoded the patch from GOG, started the game and had all the new stuff available. Oathbound commanders (I have Season Pass), Galactic Empire etc.

I loaded an old game to continue it first, though, and keep the new stuff for the true release tomorrow. Worked fine initially (the tech tree changed of course, and I had some items without prerequisites even because they were moved around), then I tried to reload a game and it crashed a few times in a row. Probably just needs a restart or something though.

EDIT: Nah, keeps crashing. Interestingly, my original game still works on loading, only the autosaves after that crashed the game. Some kind of version-mixup probably that the game doesn't like. Kind of expected on a big update. I'll check back tomorrow evening probably and start a new game with the new stuff then.

Last edited:
Updated on steam, the new version is 1.4. The new empire mode is available, along with residential sectors and new racial structures. No new DLC content. Will wait for tomorrow to play.

Reactions:
If I understand correctly, the Triceratops free patch was released earlier than the star king DLC paid content, the expansion.

Not sure why there is zero official communication around that. Patch notes for one would be welcome.

Reactions:
Except:

Also, now local time +9hrs, still no oathbound.
Yea, I was wrong. In the past we released expansions earlier than on PC and I was under the impression that would still be the case. Apparently we're releasing alongside PC this time so it should, should, become available at 18.00 CET/17.00 UTC/9.00 PST

Reactions:
G
Yea, I was wrong. In the past we released expansions earlier than on PC and I was under the impression that would still be the case. Apparently we're releasing alongside PC this time so it should, should, become available at 18.00 CET/17.00 UTC/9.00 PST
Gotcha, thanks for the reply. Guess I gotta stave off the oathbound shakes for a bit longer!