• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- Roman culture now has access to the Crucifixion execution method.
Quid dixisti, amice?

I am pleased with the update, though I hope that the Aztecs will get their warrior lodge before work on CKII ceases.

I've recently noticed a bug in the launcher (at least I assume it's a bug) where the "Continue:" button only ever shows the most recent saved game in ./Crusader Kings 2/save games/ and completely ignores any save games in the ./Crusader Kings 2/[mod name]/save games/ folders that a lot of mods create.

Considering how many players use mods, this seems like a pretty big oversight, and it would be nice if it got fixed.
They're aware of it, I reported it back when Reaper's Due was in development.

This depends on what you mean. I will probably take another pass at it for the next patch, but for now, the risk of getting "I was killed in battle" event, along with the event where you become Incapable or Disfigured, have both been reduced by 75%. There is also a + 10 PCR for being a commander.

Choosing to duel in battle can still give you a random injury (out of which, as before, the chance of it being specifically the Disfigured trait is still at around 5% out of all available maimed-traits).
Is it the Commander title that gives you the skill, or leading an army? Because if you're an independent ruler the former interpretation means nearly every battlefield opponent will be a genius compared to you.

So I hope the next patch fixes the fact that this patch broke message settings so that they get reset every time you load a game.
The current beta patch is supposed to fix that.