• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Do you mean it's entirely canceled, or only put on hold for the duration of the seclusion, to be resumed automatically once the seclusion ends?

The change log reads: "- Going into Seclusion, or having your Sway-target do so, will now cause you to stop Swaying your target." It temporarily stops, yes. It's not entirely cancelled.

This is a start, but it needs WAY more than this. There needs to be a cool-down for previous excommucations, at the VERY least.

I was just excommunicated event though:
-I was just excommunicated a month earlier (and did the Issued the Declaration of Repentance to have it lifted)
-Joined a fellow Catholic in defending against a Holy War
-Was currently targeted in a Jihad
-THE POPE IS MY ALLY FIGHTING AGAINST THE JIHAD!

None of these have any modifier on whether the Pope excommunicates me. Yes, he might be less likely to accept the request from others, but seriously, why isn't "defending against infidels" at the very least a modifier? Why isn't there a cool-down on how frequently the Pope can excommunicate someone?

Edit: Oh, and the kicker is that I can't even issue a new declaration of repentance because there's a cool down on that. But not on getting excommunicated, of course. :eek:
These are two separate issues. A "Recently Absolver" modifier already exists (and did so on release of HF as well); if you have a character successfully issue a Declaration of Repentance, lose Excommunicated and then switch to play to a different ruler and try to Excommunicate the recently absolved character, you'll get a -1000 modifier on him.

The main issue with Excommunications seems to be that the Pope's AI has decided to always bypass all Papal logic when excommunicating a character directly (as opposed to on behalf of another ruler), so, unfortunately, the issue was not as easy as adding a cooldown to the AI behavior.

Is this a console command? If so does this mean I can stop idiot pet dynasties from dying out?
No its an effect in the script, but you can run those via making a text document containing whatever script you want then executing it in game via the "run <file.txt>" console command.

What about coat of arms of Empire of Russia? :/
We didn't manage to get something about it in for this patch but we have something planned to address this for a later patch.

I suppose this will be possible to test when the patch is released, but do marriages/concubine relations stay in place when using the effect, and does the underlying code for pregnancies check the gender of both parties before deciding if someone can become, or get someone, pregnant during such relations similar to how it does for lovers (instead of assuming that a man always can get his consorts/spouses pregnant if they're able to have children without bothering to check that the other party is female)? If those relations stay in place and pregnancies actively check the genders of both parties in all relationships, it would be possible to mod in same-sex concubines/spouses (using special targeted decisions instead of the hardcoded ones, of course) by flipping someone's gender, adding the relationship, and flipping them back without risking it resulting in impossible pregnancies.
It's a very naive implementation of the set_gender effect. It's not utilized in vanilla and you might need to do multiple maintenance checks beside it to get it to behave in the exact way you want it to. However once it's figured out, then the scripted effects will likely be super helpful.