• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good Idea

Hi all!

The idea of israeli MOD is very good but it didnt function.
I have rebuilt it.Now it function very well, with new campaign and some events and so on...I wanted upload it here because perhaps other people had problems with the MOD too but i dont know how to do this. :wacko:

EtoYa said:
Hi all!

The idea of israeli MOD is very good but it didnt function.
I have rebuilt it.Now it function very well, with new campaign and some events and so on...I wanted upload it here because perhaps other people had problems with the MOD too but i dont know how to do this. :wacko:

Can you let me know what didn't work for you? What did you change?

When I saw this thread I almost had a Heart attack. I've been dying to play Israel ever since EU1 and finally I see it here in Vicky!! I cant wait to play this! Downloading commencing in 10...9...

Thanks,
Sve

Just played it. Its great! for the first 10 years it was quite boring since I had to get the industry running. but suddenly a wave of immigrants came in and if it continues at this rate, the Jews will become a minority in thier own country in a matter of decades!

I was surprised Egypt sold me Jerusalem for only 3 techs. although we had 140+ relations. Anyways I may write an AAR about this. Its great!! thanks!!

This makes me think: shouldn't there be lots of Jews in some arab territories? From what I've heard, in the 1940s, Bagdad was 1/4 jewish and there were tens of thousands of Jews in Yemen and Morocco as well...

Sorry, been gone for a bit, but I am glad to see people are still downloading. I was surprised that the immigrants were non-Jews. Since the cultures are Ashkenazic and Sephardic, the immigrants should match the culture, and, as far as I know, all the Ashkenazic and Sephardic culture POPs are Jewish in Vicky.

The real problem seems to be a lack of Jewish POPs throughout Vicky. In historic centers of Judiasm, especially Sephardic Judiasm, like Salonika in the Ottoman Empire (according to the 1900 census, the population was 173,000 residents some 80,000 were Jewish, 60,000 Muslim and 30,000 Christian) and Baghdad (while not half Jewish, it did have a significant population). Jews are also absent in the Balkans, and underrepresented in Europe. The result is that there are few Jews who can actually emigrate to Israel in the mod.

You may want to modify some files of surrounding countries to ensure that Sephardim are properly modelled. Hopefully, VIP can correct - otherwise, if there is demand, I can try and work on something.

Last edited:
I experimented the same problem with the mod colony, there was not enough jewish emmigrant and the proportion was getting low each and every years, anyway, the israelian case is very special and it would be very difficult to reproduce it fairly in the game, I mean that more than any emmigrant in the world the jewish have more chance to go in israel.so I think there is no solutions.

polonius, thank you for creating this mod... I absolutely love it. The game is much more dramatized when you play the hatikva during the game. But I too am glad to see that people are still downloing this mod and hopefully will continue to do so. If you ever need help with anything (although I am not familiar with editing) such as history, statistics..ect I will be glad to help you out. and once again thank you.

Just so you know... I have added these files to my game for use in a Prussia AAR I've been writing.

Saw an interesting presentation tonight at a local church about Herzl and the early Zionist movement, also a talk by Dennis Praeger -- not sure if anybody here knows him.

Herzl coincides with the period in my AAR I'm currently passing through, and things may just come to pass.

I'll try to keep you posted. Or you could just watch the AAR (you won't see this for a couple more decades from where I stand now, though those decades may pass in a matter of days or weeks).

Rensslaer

I am modding this to be compatible with VIP. Given the author's permission, and once I have finished it and tested it, I will release it here.

Fedecon said:
¿The Early Israel scenario will work in the spanish version (1.03c).?

I believe it'll work (but it'll still be in English). Try it, but maybe you should make a backup first. :)

Fedecon said:
It worked fine, thanks. I tried to do an early Israel by myself, but I edit the .csv files with excel 2000 and didn´t work.

That's why you should use notepad ;)