• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, it can be very hard to kill an idea. It just lurks around waiting to be re-thought, like a building waiting to be repaired or restored.

And the idea of Rome is strong indeed.

Indeed, a nice way to put it at the end there setting us up for his pursuits (presumably) going forward. I liked the way you evoked Rome's past even now during its smoldering ruins. Well done in only a few words.

And great to see another update!

Nice chapter there, looking forward to where this is going

Nice to see this back again, @Macke11. Interested to see if you (through young Flavius) can make poor old Roma breathe again!

Another update! When the restauration of Rome is on the table, who wouldn't want to be an architect? I'm looking forward to the next part of this story, whenever you may publish it.

I really hope this AAR is still alive, I enjoyed these updates! I’m currently doing my own Roman Empire run but never thought to try find Roman Empire AARs to read

I really hope this AAR is still alive, I enjoyed these updates! I’m currently doing my own Roman Empire run but never thought to try find Roman Empire AARs to read
*last post two years ago. Fat chance for it being alive. ;)

First and foremost, thank you. I should not encourage thread necromancy, but nonetheless, I must let you know that you digging up this old thread means a lot:)

*last post two years ago. Fat chance for it being alive. ;)

Indeed, chances are very fat. Unfortunately, I think this work will not see much light in years to come. I've simply stayed a bit too much from AAR writing, and while my studies were demanding previously, they have somehow ended up even more spacious and time consuming.

Ah but one can hope!:cool: If you have any recommendations for a Roman Empire AAR I’m all ears! :p

It’s old, but General_BT’s Rome AARisen for CK1 is a fantastic read, ome of the best written on these forums https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/rome-aarisen-a-byzantine-aar.319347/

As Nikolai says. I have in fact not read the work myself, but it has a certain revered status on these fora, so I can nonetheless assure you that it will be a read of quality.

And now...

I'm not fond of closing doors, but all good things must come to an end, this one as well even though it may not have gotten far. Thus, while it is with reluctance, I will call the story here. Since such a long time has passed, this outcome is probably not particularly surprising. Hopefully you all had a good read those years ago, because I, at the very least, appreciated your support immensely. Hope you're all having a great time:)