• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(10564)

Dark Lord of the Filth
Aug 6, 2002
Visit site
The title says it all...

Ohms-law are you still here???

kokomo said:
The title says it all...

Ohms-law are you still here???

I'd like to see you continue too, of course. However, one must understand that programming can be a pain in the _ss if you don't feel to do it (or rather is not employed to do it and supposed to spend your time at home writing the code). I might be able to help later again, but I want to see what ohm's_law has done so I don't cut into his work.

Hi there Chaingun my friend...

Of course I'm eager to continue... I miss those ID's ;)

But we have to move onto other stage

I wish I could help in any way, but I don't know how...

I couldn't wait for the project to continue, so I used Chainguns code and built in some extra functinality to it (hope you dont mind!!!).

Stole a lot of ideas from the Design Discussion thread and incorporated them in the program.

Thankful for any feedback on interface and design...

EU2Vic.zip

Great work!

I can't try it out ATM but looking through the readme I see you implemented a lot of my ideas :cool:

A couple of questions

Can countries get culture techs?
How did you determine the literacy rate of countries?
Mothermerge table looks good, should it be expanded with the others I posted?

Hey MontyP

Great job... I haven't had the time to try it (I will tonight at home) but I'm eager to...

Why don't you post it in the sticky thread on the top of the page?

Congrats!

ps: Post 1400!

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Ironfoudersson:
Yes, coutries get culture techs. It's calculated as an average value from the other four.
On literacy: I put in the starting value from GC for every country. I have a few ideas how to convert it... depending on religion and tech level...
As for the mothermerge table, sure.

tombom:
Yes, I'm gonna make the source availible (eventually). I have to clean up the code abit first.

kokomo:
Congrats to the even amount of posts. I'm just a few behind... :rofl:

Ironfoundersson said:
What happens if a mother country doesn't exist but the merged country does exist?

See my post in the tag conversion thread for the complete mother_merge_table.

If the mother country doesn't exist, the first country in the mother merge table will become the new mother country.