• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It will be historical mod.
Thank you for the explaination about letters.
Sgt. Optimus, would you like to help? Post your ideas.

Banat Republic was formed as I can see, when Great Assembly of Serbs, Croats, Slovaks, Russins and Other Nations in Vojvodina (this is the name of assembly), addopted the decission to join Kingdom of Serbia. But it is not a national state, it was just a method to keep that Serbia do not gain all Vojvodina (as you can see on the picture, about 2/3 of Banat are in Romania-province Timisoara). It could exist, but not in the official game, just as nation that could be liberated.

And über is because there are no many information about Balkan states (just few events, models, ministers...). It is used to improve the existing nations in the game.

It's probably wise to start off with improving the existing nations, such as new pictures, correct names of units/leaders/ministers etc and some new main events. The workload will prob be pretty high for Vladimir anyway.

Then the next step could be to get it even more detailed for the Balkans in the 30s and 40s and the adding of new nations. Think someone already mentioned the New Nations Mod, a great place to get info and mods also for an extended Balkan improvement pack.

Unless someone already has done it my contribution will - hopefully - be a range of events that sort out the annexations of YUG and GRE and the subsequent partition of the territory between the Axis nations.

Btw, isn't there a Hungarian improvement pack floating around???

Though not a Balkan nation there'll be an extended Swedish improvement pack coming out pretty soon. User Van der Gent is in charge of it. Could maybe be added as a bonus...

It's probably wise to start off with improving the existing nations, such as new pictures, correct names of units/leaders/ministers etc and some new main events. The workload will prob be pretty high for Vladimir anyway.
First It would be wise that you send me your email adress so that I could send you events that I have already written (this I mean for everybody). I have already collected images for YUG models, so that is not to much importand at the moment.
I have based all my previous work on Yugoslavia, and there the names are pretty much correct. The only problem is that there are no special characters to correct the names (ž đ ć č š).
Then the next step could be to get it even more detailed for the Balkans in the 30s and 40s and the adding of new nations. Think someone already mentioned the New Nations Mod, a great place to get info and mods also for an extended Balkan improvement pack.
We could ask the people from New Nations Mod to borrow us some of their work.
Unless someone already has done it my contribution will - hopefully - be a range of events that sort out the annexations of YUG and GRE and the subsequent partition of the territory between the Axis nations.
Just send me your email adress to see what I have already done. Those events you mentioned are useful. And your corrected Independent Croatia event would be of great help.
Btw, isn't there a Hungarian improvement pack floating around???
If it exist, we could ask them to merge with us. If we could find them.
Though not a Balkan nation there'll be an extended Swedish improvement pack coming out pretty soon. User Van der Gent is in charge of it. Could maybe be added as a bonus...
As I have said in the first post, this will be improvement for all nations, so Sweden is also wellcome.

About your post in thread Independent Croatia / Denmark event bug /Barbarossa build-up.
Been having some trouble with the "Partition of Yugoslavia"-event, and at the same time working on the "Partition of Greece"-event (why aren't these in the game?!?!?!), so might be a day or two before I've got it all working.
Just take your time. Do not hurry.
YUG is a five-way agreement (GER, ITA, BUL, HUN, CRO) while GRE is a three-way agreement (GER, ITA, BUL).
Yes, that is right.
Hm, I didn't know Montenegro was in the game. Why can't you liberate it then (only Croatia, Bosnia, Slovenia and Serbia comes up for me...)?
Yes, it exists, it's tag is MTN, I think.
From what I've read (which is quite a lot) Montenegro was an Italian puppet only in name - much as Serbia for the Germans. The in-game version would be occupation I reckon. ITA core should def be removed since the partisan-level IRL was really high.
Yes, that is right. In Serbia existed something called Serbian Government Under Occupation, governed by Milan Nedić. It was a puppet regime of German administration, bus Serbia should not be independent, as Serbia did not participate in German war services. Italian core should be removed from Montenegro, as there were no Italian population, or at least insignificant number.
A question on BUL: They have cores in Edessa and Kavala but according to WW2-maps only annexed the equivalent of Kavala while GER had the rest of northeastern GRE (as well as the city of Athens and most of Crete). Should the core be removed or not?
I do not know about Kavala, but I know that Salonika (city) has been under Bulgarian control. As a strategic port, not as a national province, so the core in Salonika should not be added. Bulgarian core in Edessa is all right, as there existed Macedonian population. The same way, Yugoslavia should have core in that province.

Miihkali said:
If you have some one who's go doind it, you could colourize all minister pictures.
Maybe but that is too much work, since there are too many ministers. Do you have some work of your own, about Finland, USSR, or about anything other? I have seen your work for T.H.E. Project.
For now I hope that somebody could improve the font files, and add new characters.

I do not know about Kavala, but I know that Salonika (city) has been under Bulgarian control. As a strategic port, not as a national province, so the core in Salonika should not be added. Bulgarian core in Edessa is all right, as there existed Macedonian population.
Indeed so. Kavala is known as Dedeagach to Bulgaria, who controlled it up until the Treaty of Neuilly (sp?) after the First World War. Mainly because the Bulgarian, Pomak, and Vlach population there outnumbered the Greek at the time I believe.
Salonika was briefly occupied by the Bulgarians in the First World War when Greece joined the Allies in 1917, but as for a Bulgarian plan to occupy it? Maybe there was but I don't think I ever heard of one. Salonika was in German hands in WWII, unless I'm mistaken?

What all nations do you plan to add for the Balkans, there were several more Axis puppets that were made out of Grece etc.

Indeed so. Kavala is known as Dedeagach to Bulgaria, who controlled it up until the Treaty of Neuilly (sp?) after the First World War. Mainly because the Bulgarian, Pomak, and Vlach population there outnumbered the Greek at the time I believe.
Salonika was briefly occupied by the Bulgarians in the First World War when Greece joined the Allies in 1917, but as for a Bulgarian plan to occupy it? Maybe there was but I don't think I ever heard of one. Salonika was in German hands in WWII, unless I'm mistaken?
Yes, I know about Bulgaria and Dedeagach. I have seen on the map of WWII Europe that Thessaloniki (Salonika) is controlled by Bulgaria, but I think that occupation did not last for all war, just in one period.
What all nations do you plan to add for the Balkans,
Basically, we will add all nations from Balkan penisula and their neighbours that influenced their politics and historical outcomes (whole world, if we consider that YUG, EGY, and IND formed the Non-Alligned Union, which counts 175 countries)
For the second part of your sentence, I have not understood it quite well.

mehmet12 said:
I think he means the provisional Greek government of Logothetopoulos and Tsolakolou, established as a Puppet State by the Germans, Bulgarians, and Italians.

And this:
Wikipedia said:
Pindus and Macedonia

Principality of Pindus and the Voivodship of Macedonia:The Principality of Pindus and the Voivodship of Macedonia was an Italian client state formed in 1941 in northern Greece. The principality would later include parts of Albania and Macedonia governed by Bulgaria. It was set up as a nation for the Aromanian speaking peoples.

Due to the chaotic political and military situation the succession rules were not set. Nevertheless, it seems that the Principality was an elective and not a hereditary monarchy.

The state adopted certain anti-Greek policies but never was anti-semitic. Jews from Kastoria, Veria, and Ioannina were in top positions in the hierarchy of the Principality.

It was another Italian "puppet" set up in northern Greece.

It is not currently in the game, perhaps it could be made by event?

Vladimir II said:
For the second part of your sentence, I have not understood it quite well.

Sorry, it was supposed to be two sentances. I meant are all the Axis puppets going to be included as well.

Last edited:
Vladimir: I'll send you my email!

As to the question of puppet states I think we have to adhere to the limitations of the game, where you really only have three options: Occupation/annexation or puppet or ally.

Croatia and Slovakia were for example very much puppets while a lot of other areas either only in theory were self-governing or there existed only plans to make them self-governing. But still weird that Paradox put in Wallonia and Flanders but haven't really bothered with the diff Balkan countries/"puppets".

The general picture of Greece is that it was divided into three occupational zones where only really Bulgaria made any effort to annex its' Greek territories and make them "true" Bulgarian. Pls correct me if I'm wrong as I'm editing the "Partition of Greece"-event at the moment.

I think that all those puppets should not be made. If we should made them, then we should made Norway, Denmark, Poland, Serbia, Czech, as in all those countries existed occupational puppet government (Vidkun Quisling, Milan Nedic...).

The general picture of Greece is that it was divided into three occupational zones where only really Bulgaria made any effort to annex its' Greek territories and make them "true" Bulgarian. Pls correct me if I'm wrong as I'm editing the "Partition of Greece"-event at the moment.
I think you have right.

Hi there. Feel free to use any material from the Hungarian Modifications Pack that you'd like to as long as credit is given. I've been meaning to do more work on it for a while (there's still an error or two with the event triggers) but between my AAR and school work, there's not much time. Also, the music pack that I had was on a computer that has since stopped working, but I've managed to collect most of it again, since then.

Like kunadam, I'll only have time in April to start working on it again after school is over.

Hi there. Feel free to use any material from the Hungarian Modifications Pack that you'd like to as long as credit is given. I've been meaning to do more work on it for a while (there's still an error or two with the event triggers) but between my AAR and school work, there's not much time. Also, the music pack that I had was on a computer that has since stopped working, but I've managed to collect most of it again, since then.

Like kunadam, I'll only have time in April to start working on it again after school is over.
Thank you. I will see your work, then. And do not worry about credits. I automatically add people who had contributed significally to this mod in the first post.
I'm working on Pindus for Anatolian Wars. If you want you can use the files when they're complete in update 1.03.
All right, then. I will look at it a little. Thank you.

Vladimir II I will code those events about Turkey, but right new school takes time but I will finished them by the end of the week.