• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yea, everything else besides Wiki is allways right :p If you want to see "wrongness", read articles in published American encyclopedias about Central Asia, some African countries, even post-soviet Europe or some other "far and away place were nobody lives" :p. Not all of them are of encyclopedical quality..

true very true but you have to remember its was not just written by Americans and you have to also have to blame there sources but it all comes down to effort and nobody can say that they have not done one thing becase they simply dont want to

You know there's a province names.csv file right? It has precisely the information you seek.
Also I had an id map of Europe somewhere but maybe I've deleted it(and anyway I think I downloaded it from this very thread)

I have one question: Nikol'sk-Ussurijskij shouldn't be Voroshilov? Between 1935 and 1957 it was.

Feel free to rename it. ;) But be aware that we're atm not be able to change the name on the map itself.

By the way, Viden, how far have you got with your spanish translation? Can you send me a link so that I can include your changes in the next update?

Feel free to rename it. ;) But be aware that we're atm not be able to change the name on the map itself.

By the way, Viden, how far have you got with your spanish translation? Can you send me a link so that I can include your changes in the next update?

I'm sorry but those months I was unable to do nothing due the university. Nowadays I had translated 1430/2600 provinces. If you want I can upload the half-translated file in order to get it translated to the other languages and then I will take it back.

I'm sorry but those months I was unable to do nothing due the university. Nowadays I had translated 1430/2600 provinces. If you want I can upload the half-translated file in order to get it translated to the other languages and then I will take it back.

You're already half-way through, which is quite good. ;) Cross-checking wiki is very time-consuming. By the way, I've the same time restraints with my full-time job: modding eats most of my spare time. Please PM me your link, so that I can make some minor changes. I'll inlcude the updated file in my next upload.

I spent this morning 4 hours just for expanding the translations of the german province names. Cross-checking wiki was very cumbersome but I have added in this rush up to 300+ missing translations for eastern europe. For each province which you fix you'll see another one which needs to be fixed. :( You can only fix this file if you check it line by line - thoroughly. I can only salute you for being so dedicated. Thanks. :)

All AOD v1.05 files for the E3 map now in one complete package:

Thanks to a very helpful program made by Amallric we have redirected the IC & resources of re-used province ids to their successors, i.e. the E3 map should have now the same resource distribution as the vanilla map. I say it 'should' whether it does work correctly will only play-testing tell.

+ re-assessment of the 1936 scenario files is mostly done
+ the event files include the fixes of the latest v1.06A3 beta patch
+ the ai files include the fixes to the GER build orders of the latest v1.06A3 beta patch
+ the province.csv file should now include the corrected areas/regions, terrain and climate of all regions besides North America and the Mid East
+ the adj-defs.csv file got quite a bunch of additional straits & river crossings and also several more impassable areas
+ the locations of several ports have been moved
+ quite a lot of ports and beaches have been removed
+ the province_names.csv file includes now the correct spanish names of 1400+ provinces
+ the province_names.csv file also includes 300+ german names more than before (mainly in Eastern Europe)
+ some new areas added and several renamed
+ the most recent navaldist.tbl is included
- check for historical plausibility of the location of IC & resources has to be done
- areas/regions, terrain and climate of North America and the Mid East have to be done
- global fixing of infra has to be done
- BP surrender events have to be fixed

The updated E3 map AODv1.05 files can now be downloaded. You can find the download links if you follow my sig.

Most of the files should also work correctly if you're playing Arma. But be warned this might be the last package fully usable for Arma: we're testing atm if we can expand the map. Since AOD has lifted all map limits we can easily add (many) more provinces. ;)

Hi guys, I can take the Russian names.

If you're ready you can start right now. :) The updated province_names.csv is part of my earlier uploaded AOD/E3 package (see link below). Good luck! :)

If you're ready you can start right now. :) The updated province_names.csv is part of my earlier uploaded AOD/E3 package (see link below). Good luck! :)

I've just thought a bit: the whole translation is useless if the map itself stays English. :D

I've just thought a bit: the whole translation is useless if the map itself stays English. :D

Yes, this is a 'feature' of the Europa engine: the name of a province in the various languages will never show up on the map. If you click on the province you'll get to see its name on the province screen itself. IIRC the Clausewitz engine handles this entirely different so that you can easily edit province names. But the translation of province names has its purpose because these are often used in tooltips, too. To root out all inconsistencies or bugs you'll have to go to hell and back. ;) I do know it's very time-consuming as I've done it by myself, too.

Did you know how weird is to click in a Spanish province and see a chinese name, or a maritime name?

Yes, this is a 'feature' of the Europa engine: the name of a province in the various languages will never show up on the map. If you click on the province you'll get to see its name on the province screen itself. IIRC the Clausewitz engine handles this entirely different so that you can easily edit province names. But the translation of province names has its purpose because these are often used in tooltips, too. To root out all inconsistencies or bugs you'll have to go to hell and back. ;) I do know it's very time-consuming as I've done it by myself, too.
Let's translate the map itself! :D
Did you know how weird is to click in a Spanish province and see a chinese name, or a maritime name?
I did, why?

That's one of the useful things of translating the map.

@Viden:

You don't have to wait for Vaximillian starting/finishing his russian translation. Testing has revealed that I can retrieve most changes by using winmerge. It's ok for me if you sent me an update from time to time when you've finished some lines. Then I can include your translations and corrections into my file immediately.

Hi all. Obviously this is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone happen to still have the alpha files, spefically the config folder? I lost it to a cut-paste error and would love to find it again, but the download links are long inactive.