• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have one question: Nikol'sk-Ussurijskij shouldn't be Voroshilov? Between 1935 and 1957 it was.

re first map fix:

The first update of the major map files is now downloadable. You can find the download links if follow my sig.

It includes:

+ the province.csv file which has the corrected areas/regions, terrain and climate of Europe, Australia and Asia
+ the locations of some ports have been moved
+ 3 unused land provinces (418, 692, 908) are now sea provinces
+ the province_names.csv file which now includes the italian names of many provinces
+ the adj-defs.csv file which now re-includes all/most of the straits & river crossings and many impassable desert & mountain of the vanilla map
+ the most recent navaldist.tbl

This post is already 4 weeks old but not everyone might have seen it. :)

The adaption of the vanilla AOD ai files to the E3 map is finally done. I've included all changes made by the last patch. The last days I've checked the files again and re-adjusted the build priorities of many nations, especially the build priorities of their brigades. Most major will now 'brigade' most of their divisions while especially small minors will add less brigades than usual. re China I was undecided what to do: in vanilla they brigade 30% of their divisions which seemed too few so I've changed their mix and added some more variation (and upped them to 50 %) but have cut their priority for engineers from 20 to 5 %. To determine the best mix we'll simply have to play, play, play... :)

The adapted AOD ai files are now downloadable. You can find the download links if you follow my sig.

It includes:

+ the ai uses now the E3 map and acts no longer as it'd be playing with the vanilla map
+ the ai uses now the correct province ids
+ you'd see less odd ai behaviour while playing
+ the ai is now aware of all beaches - in defence and offence
- you'll see the ai building coastal forts where in reality none were built/needed
- you'll see the ai staging invasions in provinces where in reality none were possible
+ more reasonable provinces chosen for building of IC
- IC provinces have to be re-assessed later
- priorities for infra provinces are almost entirely missing
- infra provinces have to be re-assessed later
+ when the devs tell us how to use the infra commands correctly I'll add them

The adaption of the major AOD game files to the E3 map is nearly done ... :)

1936 scenario files updated to AOD v1.05:

Since I had already updated all of the adapted 1936 scenario files to include all changes of the latest patch and a good part of the re-assessment of the scenario files is also done I've decided that it's better to upload them now. The re-assessment of the scenario files (air bases, naval bases, OOB) is atm only a spare-time project which won't be finished soon. It wouldn't be fair if you'd have to wait even longer to get these files. Work on this project will definitely continue. We'll keep you informed when the next update is available. ;)

The updated 1936 scenario files are now downloadable. You can find the download links if you follow my sig.

event files updated to AOD v1.05:

Since I had already updated all of the adapted event files to include all changes of the latest patch I've decided that it's better to upload them now because otherwise you'd have to wait too long to get them. Work on a satisfyingly working bitter peace event series will continue. We'll keep you informed when the BP surrender events are finally adapted.

The updated event files are now downloadable. You can find the download links if you follow my sig.

Well, I'm using wikipedia in order to know what city is each one and what is her Spanish/Italian name. So I think they are correct.

Statistically wiki is more precise then Britannica and errors are also fixed quicker. So even if there are thousands of mistakes in individual wiki articles, all in all, it's a better encyclopedia.

Wiki can be wrong sometimes.

Yea, everything else besides Wiki is allways right :p If you want to see "wrongness", read articles in published American encyclopedias about Central Asia, some African countries, even post-soviet Europe or some other "far and away place were nobody lives" :p. Not all of them are of encyclopedical quality..