• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fürstbischof

General
17 Badges
Jan 25, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
Adaptation of the E3 Map (v0.5) to AOD

The E3 map originates from the Eastern Europe Enhancement Mod. Many forum members participated in its development. If you want to learn more about the E3 map and its development then simply look here.

Status of map files:
+based on E3 version v0.5 - unfinished, but won't see any major improvements

Status of map-related files:
+adjacent provinces/connections - finished
+infrastructure - almost finished
+IC & resources - almost finished (similar to vanilla AOD)
+areas/regions - finished
+terrain - almost finished
+climate - almost finished
(BUT: check for historical plausibility of IC & resources and infrastructure has to be done)

Status of translation:
+province names (english, german) - finished
+province names (spanish) - almost finished
+province names (french, italian, polish, russian) - partially done

Status of AOD game files (vanilla v1.08):
+ revolters - finished
+ ai files - finished
+ event files - finished

Available scenarios:
+(vanilla v1.08) 1936 scenario

This is how E3 world map looks right now:
Crackler's world map is no longer available...

Last edited:
And the special part of this post will be for showing gratitude to members who have given their contribution to this mod. This mod would not be finished without you. You will take all commendations.

Lord NIL - Yugoslavia's models design and information; Balkan historical information; concept ideas; graphical help; army units information; map corrections;
Fernando Torres - graphical help;
Hannibal Barca2 - graphical help;
Athi - graphical help, historical advisor for Hungary;
Užičkibombarder - event coding assistance;
1Jack - event coder, beta tester;
Levée en Masse - graphical help;
ypsylon - graphical help;
Daemoncool - leading graphical artist, historical advisor for Hungary;
Kretoxian - graphical help;
The Great Duck - historical information help;
kunadam - historical advisor for Hungary;
Isiodos - historical information about Greece;
Dorieus - advisor for Geece;
Delex - Yugoslavia and Slovenia advisor;
Sgt.Optimus - Yugoslavia and Slovenia advisor;
Gaarq - implementation his Czechoslovakia Improvment Pack;
Victor1234 - implementation of his Hungarian Improvement Pack;
Miihkali - graphical help (models images);
Crush3r - implementation of his Romania Improvement Pack;
Prinz Wilhelm - graphical works;
harezmi - advisor for Turkey;
the_sentinel - help with Greece;
mumia - help with Poland;
snajper06 - help with Poland;
TZoli - model advisor;
New Edinburgh - graphical help;
mehmet12 - general advisor;
molace - help with Hungary;
Daboo - help with implementing features from New Nations Mod into E3 Mod;
Kretoxian - graphical help;
GermanWehrmacht - historical information advisor;
stefanmg - advisor for Yugoslavia;
Viden - help with Spanish Civil War;
Jamie550 - map correction software support;
Axis - Yugoslav airforce information help;
Stefke - help about Yugoslavia;
J the STUD - Austri-Hungary help;
kris4o1993 - help about Bulgaria;
Von_Luger - help with Bulgaria;
Леден Др - help with Bulgaria;
konigstiger - help with Macedonian region;
Paratrooper - help about Greece;
liebgot - help about Yugoslavia;
ROMANU - help with Romania;
Van der Gent - help about Scandnavian countries;
Macedon_mk - help with macedonian region;
JMJ - help with Scandinavia.

And once again, thank you all for your help, and tank you all in advance for joinning our team.

Folgore [NL] - province layout of the USA, the Pacific and Indonesia;
mumia - version 0.5 of the E3 map;

Besides all those which have already been mentioned above there have been many more contributors to the E3 map mod which will remain unknown but not forgotten.

Contributors to the adaptation of the E3 map to AOD:

Crackler - worldmap;
Lord Ederon - indispensable HOI2 interactive online map;
Amallric - fixed IC & resources;
Atruejedi - expanded revolters;
bestmajor - german army OOB;
Burkian - helpful hints to change events and to include the First Vienna Award;
Caesar_Augustus - map fixes;
GeneralSnoopy - infra fixes;
Jounk35 - german provincenames, overhaul of province.csv;
Nomonhan - expanded revolters;
Titan79 - italian provincenames;
Twoaxe - infra fixes, SMEP4E3;
Viden - spanish provincenames;

Last edited:
Files needed for playing (vanilla) AOD with the E3 map:

The files of this mod will be reworked soon to utilise the new functions added by the latest patch.

Recommended installation sequence:

step 1:
fresh vanilla AOD install

step 2:
install the latest AOD patch (v1.10)

(...)
step 3:
install the E3 map files (E3 map v0.5)

step 3a:
The ai sub-directory of vanilla AOD has more ai files than are used - and overwritten - by this mod. To avoid ai conflicts or odd behaviour of newly released nations it seems useful to delete all files inside the ai sub-directory; files inside of its switch sub-directory are overwritten by this mod.

step 4:
install the complete package of AOD v1.10 files for the E3 map

The adapted files will allow you to play vanilla AOD v1.10 combined with the E3 map. Events should work as usual. Although the adaptation of the ai files is now done don't be shocked if you see sometimes odd ai behaviour. Please report such bugs here in this thread.

IC and resources should now be like "vanilla" but aren't always historically correct. Infra, too. We have checked the terrain, infra or climate of many provinces but some are still questionable. If you spot some oddities please post here. These are the last and final points on my (once fairly large) to-do list. But be aware that checking and fixing the province.csv file is an on-going process which will take its time.

The download also includes

* my expanded hotkeys for AOD,
* the revised and expanded armynames/navynames/airnames XXL and
* my new revised set of unitnames for AUS, DDR, DFR and GER (beta version, not finished yet).

(This random event is a first attempt to solve this imbalance temporarily. It works for all playable nations if they fulfill the necessary conditions. But be warned: any injection of resources into the game will make it even easier for you to get huge stockpiles by trading. Please report here if the ai nations are in spite of this event in decline.

step 5: AOD/E3: temporary resources fix (JSGME-ready)
If you're using the complete package of AOD v1.08 files for the E3 map please don't use this fix atm. We need some play-testing feedback how the re-distributed IC & resources influence the game.)

SMEP conversion for E3 map:

All those of you who are interested in experiencing the E3 map and the SMEP mod for AOD might look here and may find that their wishes have come true.

Last edited:
Bugs, typos & oversights:

If you encounter any problems with the adapted files please report here. If you have any proposal how the map-related files can be improved don't hesitate and post here, too.

Comments and advice are always welcome.

YOUR Feedback is needed!

Last edited:
Installation of the E3 map mod:

Check which AOD version you actually have installed. If needed download the latest patch and update your game to the most recent version (v1.05).

Download all archives from the download links posted above. Unpack them. Then you can drop the unpacked files directly into their respective directories. Or just use JSGME (see below) to add them to your game. If you're overwriting your previous installation please keep in mind that the files of the map-fix should be dropped at last in their directories. I recommend using JSGME for the installation of the E3 map mod files.

All files of the downloads use the correct AOD directory structure, i.e. they're JSGME-ready.

PS: re using JSGME for the installation of the E3 map mod see message 7

Last edited:
Playing AOD with the E3 map:

After installing all E3 map-related files and restarting the game simply choose from the scenario selection the E3 1936 scenario. The E3 (vanilla) 1936 scenario is set to end 1999. If you want to play a shorter game, click the options button and change the end date according to your plans.

Last edited:
Using JSGME for the installation of the E3 map mod:

JSGME is a mod enabler developed by JoneSoft which is used for quickly adding files to or removing files from an installed game. While adding files it makes a back-up copy of the files which would otherwise be overwritten. If you remove files it uses the back-up to re-create the status quo ante. Adding or removing modded files can be done with a single click. This makes it very easy and convenient to use. Please search the net for an active download of the most recent version, the original site is no longer available.

* JSGME = JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler

Last edited:
Hi, PELK is my checksumme.

I got an error cze_36 line 30

Hi Endibear,

since I have my installed AOD-E3 heavily modded and also several folders (e.g. all scenario folders) deleted I can't give you a valid checksum. Maybe any other players which use the E3 on top of vanilla AOD might post their checksum here.

I'm a little bit surprised that you get an error while loading the cze_36 scenario file which I haven't modified for quite some time. Since all my installed files run fine whenever I start AOD I'm more interested what mods/files you have installed, too. Very important is also to install all files in the correct order. To play with the E3 map you have to overwrite all the existing vanilla scenario files with the adapted files. Can you check this?

I have checked now my AOD back-up and have seen that the CZE scenario file is also one of those misnamed vanilla scenario files (czh_26.inc) which I actually properly renamed. That might be the cause of your problem.

I have checked now my AOD back-up and have seen that the CZE scenario file is also one of those misnamed vanilla scenario files (czh_26.inc) which I actually properly renamed. That might be the cause of your problem.

I have looked more closely into how the scenarios are organised in AOD. Since all the vanilla scenarios have their own sub-directories I have created one for the E3 vanilla 1936 scenario, too. If you pick the correct campaign at game start it'll use the adapted scenario files.

e31936sc.png

The updated scenario files can be found in post 3.

Last edited:
Hey,

I started a game with Germany. Everything went fine, until I took Warsaw. Then the event triggered, which gave Eastern Poland to the USSR.
The borders looked very strange, as many provinces in Eastern Poland stayed with Poland. It also gave them the province Wloclawek (north of Lodz and west of Warsaw) and it stayed with them after the event, where I honoured the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.

#########################################################################
# The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact - Eastern Poland to Soviets
#########################################################################
event = {
id = 101
random = no
country = POL

trigger = {
ai = yes
control = { province = 485 data = GER } # Warzaw
war = { country = GER country = POL }
OR = {
event = 2013
event = 2015
event = 2016
}
}

name = "EVT_2018_NAME"
desc = "EVT_2018_DESC"
style = 0
picture = "E_Poland_Sov"

date = { day = 2 month = january year = 1939 }
offset = 3 # Check for trigger conditions every three days
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1999 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME2018A" # Honor the Pact
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 208 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 209 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 210 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 211 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 213 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 214 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 222 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 229 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 500 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 501 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 502 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 503 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 504 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 505 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 506 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 507 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 508 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 562 }
}
}
I think this event (poland.txt) needs to be revised to fix this problem. :)

Moll

Hey,

I started a game with Germany. Everything went fine, until I took Warsaw. Then the event triggered, which gave Eastern Poland to the USSR.
The borders looked very strange, as many provinces in Eastern Poland stayed with Poland. It also gave them the province Wloclawek (north of Lodz and west of Warsaw) and it stayed with them after the event, where I honoured the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.

I think this event (poland.txt) needs to be revised to fix this problem. :)

Moll

Hi Moll,

thanks for reporting this. Curiously this event has been fixed for most of the Axis minors, but it seems that I've forgotten to put the final version in the polish file. :( The corrected file is included in E3 events download in in post 3. :)

Last edited:
@ Fürstbischoff

sorry my error, second trial was very fine.

thanks a lot

No problem. Besides you have inspired me to better organise the scenario files. ;)

Last edited:
re events I should add that bitter peace atm isn't adapted to the E3 map. There are way to many provinces involved that I could do that with pen & paper. Jounk35 is atm working on areas/regions of province.csv. When he has done Russia I can use a helpful tool provided by Bizon which allows for an easy completion of this task. All other surrender events should work properly besides typos etc. ;)

Last edited:
I'm eager to try this one out sooner or later, but I have one simple question: how does AI work with E3 in general?

Honestly, I can't tell you how AOD plays out on the E3 map since I had absoluty no spare time to start a game. During the last weeks I was very busy checking & fixing the events and revolters.

This afternoon I've started to adapt the ai files. Sadly, the ai has to be told exactly what is has to do where. :( To cross-check all those provinces will take some time, but I'll work on it every evening the next week. So you can expect a first (beta-)release of the adapted ai files at the next weekend. Maybe earlier if I get some help. ;) But since most province ids haven't changed you shouldn't hesitate to start a game. Most of the time the ai should behave as usual...

Last edited:
I just can't describe how beautiful Finland looks. All those provinces will make the Winter War interesting.

So you have now seen why it was so important for me to bring mumia's E3 map to AOD. :cool:

Last edited:
Partially done:
+province names (english, german)
+areas/regions
+climate
Ok Fürstbischof, you can add "italian" in the province names line. :)
Link to updated file

Phew! When I volunteered for the checking out I didn't realize there where so many lines ;) .

Some remarks:

Copy&paste indeed worked for me. I could copy the english column on the italian one and then work from that (made things more simple since the former italian column was somewhat confusing).

I've noticed there are two double entries (maybe): Des Moines (prov #624 and #692) and Lake (which is probably WAD. Anyway, #2469 and #2490). See what you can do.

There's a province Soerabaja! Great, it was one of the U-Boote Pacific Ocean bases. One more reason to play with this map ;) .