• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Pope

Second Lieutenant
31 Badges
Apr 19, 2004
www.vatican.va
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Would'nt be cool such a feature? Or even create in-game provinces as a result of diplomatic negociations or family issues (two German sons of a prince heir each one, a pice of a province, creating 2 new princes in the HRE and 2 new provinces, dividing population, resources, wealth and buildings).

I know this will not be in EU III, but would add another dimension to the game.

Technically, i dont see any trouble at all, vectorize the borders and thats it. Perhaps in the AI deparment might be some problems...

I do see technical problems. Due to the way computers work, you will always have some kind of atomicity. You can only make "provinces" extremely small, but you can't put away with them.

The_Pope said:
Would'nt be cool such a feature? Or even create in-game provinces as a result of diplomatic negociations or family issues (two German sons of a prince heir each one, a pice of a province, creating 2 new princes in the HRE and 2 new provinces, dividing population, resources, wealth and buildings).

I know this will not be in EU III, but would add another dimension to the game.

Technically, i dont see any trouble at all, vectorize the borders and thats it. Perhaps in the AI deparment might be some problems...

Indeed, technically this apparently could be not so great an issue.

A while back, I tried to imagine (design) such a system but I don't thing it is really useful.

I based my ideas on tessalisation of the map (briefly, an influence zone is delimited, with all the points nearer to the reference point being part of this zone. For more information, search Voronoi or tessalisation). The idea was to introduce new reference points (cities) which will force a redefinition of frontiers but limited to the area owned by the player.

The result was a real conceptual nightmare and the benefit was not worse the effort.

Rather then being able to dynamically draw provinces, I prefer having more smaller provinces that can be grouped together into administrative regions.

A nice feature would be the possibility to rename province throu events.

Status
Not open for further replies.