• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Re: Any opinions on...?

Originally posted by Isaac Brock

-Should the Netherlands form with (rebel held) Artois, Brabant, Flanders, and Luxembourg? I know they could in EUI, anyone know why this might have been changed? (I believe that this makes sense.)

I had it set up to give them all four. Unfortunately this also gives shields on these provinces, so I'm scaling it back to Flanders and Brabant. Changed version 1.1 download. I'll add an EEP 1.4.1 version once that's out.

Code:
NOT = { flag = DutGenEst }  #So it doesn't happen twice for the same country#

this line puzzles me.. are flags kept on a per-country base?

that is to say.. it seems to indicate (to me) that as soon as one country has the event for friesland, the flag goes to yes, and other nations dont get the general estates for Gelre, Holland etc...

Nope, as you suggest the flags are kept on a per country basis. So when France has the Dutch General Estates event, the flag DutGenEst is set FOR France. For all other countries that flag doesn't exist yet, and is therefore not set. So England, Denmark and Münster can still get the event.

and an idea :)

change the choices in "general estates" to this:

Code:
action_a ={			#No Concessions#
		name = "ACTIONNAME3159A"
				command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = -1 }
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = setflag which = DutGenEst }
	}

and this

Code:
action_b ={			#Lower the taxes#
		name = "ACTIONNAME3159B"
		command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = 1 }
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
		command = { type = setflag which = DutGenEstLowTax }
	}
(notice the "LowTax")

and then for each provice a seperate event to give the revoltrisk and treasury (seperate for "lowtax" and normal)
so that you dont gain 300 for 1 province, or lose 500

which imho is not right :)

ad likewise solutions for the other events (EdictBloodLowTax)

ofcourse, this is only a suggestion :D

Well the only reason I did it the way I did was to avoid having 8 events (one for each province) for each of the meta events (of which there will be at least 4). I personally think that having to keep clicking OK on the eight events is more offensive than the cash being all messed up (which it clearly is). But I'm interested to hear what others have to say about which is worse.

ID:s

The man with all the fun in his bag reports on ID:s once again!

Have you actually tested your version with EEP 1.4.1? There are some conflicts, most of them are my fault, since I double-booked with tpc. :(
I can send you an update of these files if you like. Check the ID thread, I have just controlled all ID:s for the nations involved. The ID:s you have used are in red, conflicts marked with '!'. The province based ID:s have been exchanged with american mines ID:S. That wouldn't really be a problem, both 337 and 338 could be province events, but conflicts would remain. I don't know what to do with these?

EDIT1: PM for you.
EDIT2: 337052 have no event name

Last edited:
Crap. I think I may have tested with 1.4.0, and then made the changes based on looking at the 1.4.1 event files. I thought th 337 sequence was free. As you know may know I'm using 337020 to 337070.

I'll fix the event name problem. What do you suggest for the numbering scheme?

Last edited:
I can fix all the nation-based ID:s, I'll mail the files to you. I think that it might be best to change 337 to 338, would have less chance of including errors and also one can search the file for 337 afterwards, to make sure nothing is left. (I shouldn't be telling you that have scripted so much, sorry :p) Or if you prefer a new range 339? Luckily there are not a lot of event-ID:s being used as triggers, so it's roughly 40-50 to change.

338 it is then.

mnorrefeldt: I have made the changes, and could put the revised version up, but my home PC is still not up, so I haven't tested them. I'd like to make sure that I've got it working before uploading. Sorry.