Dutch Revolt - Netherlands declare independance, WAD or not?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nullus_deus

Recruit
29 Badges
Apr 3, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Playing as Offaly, have grown a lot, own most of england, france, + vassals in italy. Planning to PU portugal later for the Spanish Fly achievement (they have my dynasty).

I have owned brabant's dutch provinces for ages and accept dutch culture, just had a war with big frisia and conquered Hollands former provinces PLUS provinces of frisian Brazil (which are flemish culture), the dutch revolt disaster appears, progresses (the provinces in europe are all accepted culture, so i thought no worries), one month after it starts, the netherlands declares indpendance by event.

I think this event was able to fire due to owning provinces in the right european area PLUS owning provinces which are of a not accepted culture (Frisian Brazil provinces which are still coring, and have 90% autonomy).

If this is the case and it checked:
a) own provinces in area,
b) own provinces of right culture, autonomy (can be anywhere, i.e. Brazil)

Is this working as designed/intended?

Attached save file if it helps.

Attachments

• Offaly01.eu4
    8,5 MB · Views: 0
Playing as Offaly, have grown a lot, own most of england, france, + vassals in italy. Planning to PU portugal later for the Spanish Fly achievement (they have my dynasty).

I have owned brabant's dutch provinces for ages and accept dutch culture, just had a war with big frisia and conquered Hollands former provinces PLUS provinces of frisian Brazil (which are flemish culture), the dutch revolt disaster appears, progresses (the provinces in europe are all accepted culture, so i thought no worries), one month after it starts, the netherlands declares indpendance by event.

I think this event was able to fire due to owning provinces in the right european area PLUS owning provinces which are of a not accepted culture (Frisian Brazil provinces which are still coring, and have 90% autonomy).

If this is the case and it checked:
a) own provinces in area,
b) own provinces of right culture, autonomy (can be anywhere, i.e. Brazil)

Is this working as designed/intended?

Attached save file if it helps.

I would try a bug report. Seems like a bug.

I think this it WAD, it is one of the stupidest things in game, they can immediately revolt if autonomy is quite high (I don't know exact percentages) but it happened to me right after annexing my vassal owning whole lowlands.

Reactions:
It's all WAD, but I think can use some improvements. Please, check the disaster WIKI page:

The 'Netherlands Declare Independence!' event indeed does not check for where your 'Dutch, Frisian or Flemish' provinces with 90 autonomy are - and while I think it can be somehow justified (freedom loving bros from across the ocean help their homeland cousins to form independent nation), this might be oversight on devs side.

But overall - you definitely shouldn't have let this disaster to freely roll you over. It's quite possible to not fall into Dutch Revolt.

I think this it WAD, it is one of the stupidest things in game, they can immediately revolt if autonomy is quite high (I don't know exact percentages) but it happened to me right after annexing my vassal owning whole lowlands.
I don't think they can revolt 'immediately'. As nullus_deus described - they got independent after disaster triggered, got to 100 and started. If this happened to you after annexing vassal, without you ever triggering Dutch Revolt disaster - it might be actually a bug and worth reporting.