• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I need to look more at AAR's, this one is great! keep up the good.... umh, i mean evil work ;)

Tried many games as Netherlands, never as succesfull as this one.

Maj. von Mauser said:
Nice job taking London.

Nice update. :D
I was lucky that they didn't have another couple divisions, or it would have turned into a stalingrad :)

Wow, a Dutch AAR where the East Indies AREN'T the main focus. Great work so far.
I took away all my divisions (3) from there while I was allied to UK. I'll try to take them back later. ;)

I need to look more at AAR's, this one is great! keep up the good.... umh, i mean evil work
Tried many games as Netherlands, never as succesfull as this one.

Glad you enjoyed it :D

July the 5th, 1940

The High Command was worried about the situation in the North of England. The British have massed ~10 divisions in the hilly area. Which gave them a very good defensive positions. Dutch and Germans combined attacks were able to progress slowly, but on a high cost of lives.
A mission to gather intel about the British beach defenses were sent on board two Dutch submarines.
barracks_walrus1_zeeleeuw1_den_helder_19xx.jpg

Zeeleeuw (1) and Walrus (1) in front of the Submarine Service barracks at the Basingracht.

00-7.jpg

The Intel showed very weak defenses there, and an operation attack the British and cut their retreat route was in the working.

4 days later, 2 infantry divisions 1st and 2nd. started their attack to secure the beaches. In half way of the operation, a Huge RL force appeared and start engaging the Dutch Navy which consists only of destroyers and 2 submarines.
01-7.jpg

Losses were high, but luckily, most of the sinked transports were filled of supplies for the operations (4 transports groups were sent with the 2 divisions).

Given the faiuler of the operation, it was decided to just keep pushing the British in the hills. The battles were for capturing every hill. It was costly and took alot of time until the british defenses cracked in 20 July.
02-7.jpg

aftermath13_lg.jpg

British gun emplacement captured.
Flamewerfer.jpg

A German flame team attacking a bunker.

03-6.jpg

8 UK divisions surrounded in Blackpool.
04-6.jpg

The Dutch and Germans armies kept their advance with little resistance. and on 13 sept, the british have nothing left but the small islands to the north. Approximately 12 divisions were stationed there, reinforcements from their colonies.
05-7.jpg

After the victory in Britain, our military started to prepare for the worse. A war with Germany itself. The Germans weren't to be trusted. and after knowing that the Germans have a secret NAP with the USSR, there will be only one power left to challange Germany, and thats Netherlands.
06-7.jpg

Fortifications with the German borders.

08-6.jpg

The first line of forts finished on Christmas eve. Black X mark show the length of the forts that were being built.

09-5.jpg

Our Empire as of 30 Dec 1940.

=========================end of update

rcduggan said:
quite an empire, hopefully you will get paris.
I don't remember this because I haven't played HoI in a while, but since France is his puppet and an ally of Germany, if he leaves the Axis does that mean he'll be at war with France regardless of the fact that France is his puppet?

Nice job, to bad the invasion didn't work so some of the provinces would have been YOURS (not German). :rolleyes:

Good luck with Germany.

Last edited:
my semster is finally over and holiday is here, so more updates.

Beginning is an overview of the Empire:
00.jpg

our manpower is still very low and can only field 2 more Inf divisions. Leaving no room for reinforcements in case of a war. Everything else is in excellent shape. Our IC production is fully functioning.

February also saw the dissolvtion of the alliance between Nazi Germany and The Netherland Empire.
01.jpg

Netherlands no longer part of the Axis.
02.jpg

Our policies in 1942.

Barbarossa
opbarbarrosa200207.jpg

In late Augest, the Germans surprised the world with declaring war on USSR. In the opening days the Germans acheived many victories over the USSR.
03.jpg

Germany plans for Europe domination didn't go unnoticed. 2 weeks after the DoW, Netherlands and France signed a military alliance.
04.jpg

Back in the east, the Germans were advancing in the south of USSR and were closing on Kiev, a huge industrial city.
05.jpg

Germany advance in the south, while trying to hold the lines in the North. Memel lost to the USSR.

To the north the Finnish were struggled to to keep the Soviets away from their Capital, Helsinki, which fell in the Soviets hands in late Sept.
06.jpg

In 26th of Sept, Germany start accusing France of spying and disturbing their industry production. Relations between France/Netherlands and Germany went downhill and Germany started threatening another Fall Gelb.
07.jpg

Military situation from mid-Oct to late-Feb:
08.jpg

Troops positions in the west.

09.jpg

Soviets push back the Germans away from Kiev. Germany make very little progress in the middle. Soviets troops encircled in Romania.

10.jpg

Germany tried another push for Kiev. The attack was a failure and by the end of the year tens of thousands of Germans troops were encircled just outside Kiev.

11.jpg

Soviets Winter offensive end in a disaster with Soviets divisions trapped in Bialystok.

Home front:
Our mass production of tanks have finished our 3rd Pantser divisions in 11th of March.
12.jpg

Another Pantser divisions was ready for service on the 12th of April. Rising the strength of our armored troops to 4 Arm Divs.
13.jpg

Our air forces also received more attention, since the British activity over the Atlantic. A fifth Inteceptor wings were bought from France. The deal was done by 20 April.
14.jpg

Our interceptors meetings british Naval Bombers over the Channel.
15.jpg

The deal with France, which included giving France blueprints of our improved artillery, decryption devices and a huge amount of supplies and rare materials.

The month of May saw the 3rd motorized division fielded. Also, our researchers have finished the plans for Mechanized Inf.
16.jpg

17.jpg

General overview of Europe by June 10, 1942.
18.jpg

more updates hopefully soon.

nice aar ! :D

the dutch empire will rule the world :D

nitrox88 said:
the dutch empire will rule the world :D

They already do that, but in secret. ;)

Great! - cant wait - you are really taking the united provinces towards a great future! :cool: