• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
sonsoftaurus said:
But will he get to keep it, or will it revert to Germany upon the French surrender?

At least he'll have Belgium. :)
But will there be a French surrender? Germany doesn't hold Paris.

Since Germany doesn't have Paris, I'll have to make my own surrender terms with the french. I'll have to use acceptall though to make it happen.

You can just remake the Vichy event so that it fires when netherlands holds Paris and so that France cedes all teirritory to you.

Finishing France: Part I

This update starts from 3rd, Feb.

The French left a huge gap in their defensive lines west of Paris. Our Armored Korps immediately moved to close this gap, and sourround over 50 French Divisions north of Paris.
00-4.jpg

our tanks reached the British Channel on the 6th.
01-4.jpg

Things didn't turn well for the Panstser units in Caen. British bombers started massive attacks on the divisions. hundred of bombers were attacking the division units for days.
02-4.jpg

The Division suffered heavy losses, almost 50% of its strength.

fig16.jpg

Destroyed tanks on the road back to Paris.

The rest of Feb saw little action, our nearly destroyed division was sent back home for refitting. and The Germans start cleaning what remand of the Magniot line.
03-4.jpg

On the 3rd of March, after Germans and Dutch troops started their operations to cut French troops in Brussels. 3 French divisions were spotted moving through caen to the South, trying to break through the huge pocket. Our Panster troops give them a warm welcome right away.
04-3.jpg

The attack on Ghent was a success, but the slow Germans Infantry divisions and the lack of Panzer Divisions to exploit the attack turned the tables again, and the french were able to re-capture Ghent and resupply their troops inn Brussels.
05-4.jpg

The attack and capture of Ghent.

06-4.jpg

Our Army attacking the encircled French in Brussels.

07-4.jpg

French re-take Ghent and bring supplies to the French in Brussels.

ww2_german_bw_1.jpg

Belgium citizen cought bringing food to the encircled French troops in Brussels in the battles from 3-6th of March

On the 15th of March, more French troops were trying to get out of the huge Pocket. Which were easily defeated.
08-3.jpg

Second Ghent offensive
On the 16th of March, a huge combined Dutch-German offensive took place. 41 Divisions attacked the French positoins around Ghent and the cross-roads that connect them to Brussels.
10-2.jpg

The French tryed again to break through the pocket. That attack failed, for the 10th time.
11-3.jpg

In the 19th, our Interceptors saw their first action. Fighting the French Dive Bombers above Le Harve. Our Interceptors were victorious and the French suffered heavy losses.
12.jpg

3361909.jpg

Part of the air battles above Le Harve.

==========================================================
End of Part I

Finishing France: Part II

Situation in 20th March, 1940.
00-5.jpg

French troops were crushed in Brussels, and masses of troops were grouped in Dunkirk

By the 23rd, French troops weren't able to escape through the sea, and our armies started their attacks on the port of the city.
01-5.jpg

After some counter attacks by the French on Dunkirk. The French were attacked from the south, making their pocket smaller.
02-5.jpg

The French didn't sit in their trenches waiting for the German and Dutch Panzers to roll over them. on 30th march midnight, the French attempted to escape the pocket.....and failed.
03-5.jpg

The French pocket as of 7th of April.
04-4.jpg

April 15.
05-5.jpg

France defeated, April 16th.
06-5.jpg

notice that the Germans got their hands on naval bases on the mid-sea.

After the defeat of France, our priorities shifted to increase our economy outcome. That task wasn't easy, given the continues strategic bombing of the RAF. Our defense ministry completed a deal with the Germans to buy their most advanced Interceptors, the Bf 109.
07-5.jpg

In the east, news of friendly-axis empire of Japan reached Europe.
08-4.jpg

Japan achieve victory over the chines.

After some negotiations? with the free French government, France accepted following peace terms:
-France can keep what remains of its army.
-France become a puppet state of Netherlands.
-France give full military access to France and full military control over its army.
-France join the Axis and declare war on the allies.
-France will keep all of its over seas colonies.
-France borders in Europe will be as follow:
09-3.jpg

====================

Next update we are going to see a sealion XD

Good luck, are you shure you are ready for Seelowe yet though?

*subscribed*

Maj. von Mauser said:
Good luck, are you shure you are ready for Seelowe yet though?

*subscribed*
It wasn't me who did it. I was orgnizing my armies in France, when I saw Germany have landed troops in southern England. :eek:

Germany Sealion

At the dawn of may, the 20th. The world attention was altered from occupied France, to southern England. Reports of a German invasion of the British Isles was reaching the world.
The Netherlands received intel from the Germans allies about this invasion the previous night only. The initial landing force consist of 2 Korps totaling 3 divisions (2inf, 1 HQ) forming the 9th Armee.

00-6.jpg

Germans landing in Portsmouth.
Sealionplan.jpg

Germans Plan for the Invasion.

The Germans fleets for both the 16th and 6th armies were spotted by the RL. Therefore the Germans had to delay their landings.

The German 9th Armee was left alone.
24.jpg

Tauchpanzer III, German diving tanks that were used at the invasion.

After the failing of landing both the 16th and 6th Armee. The OKH (Oberkommando des Heeres) Germany's Army High Command. Requested immediate support for the German 9th Armee.
The Netherlands high command decided to send an expeditionary force of 4 divisions (1 Pz, 1 HQ, 1 mot and 1 Inf). This force was to arrive in the 22nd.
01-6.jpg

Before reaching the German Beachhead, news arrived that the Germans forces there were totally routed, and they were surrendering at mass. The only fight was at the beaches it self. Where German troops were fighting a last stand battle in hope for reinforcements to arrive.....and arrive they did.
02-6.jpg

Our troops arriving after the Germans divisions surrendered, greeted with a British assault.

germansurrender.jpg

Germans troops surrender to the British counter attack in Portsmouth.

After 5 hours of heavy fighting, the beachhead was secured again and supplies were being unloaded.

After the securing of the beachhead, the Dutch high command was discussing to withdrew back to France. But Germans promises to send support as soon as possible and the possibility of defeating the British and eliminate all their bombing raids on our cities ( 50% damage to our industry production) changed our minds. and instead, full mobilization for our armies and preparation to send more and more troops to the invasion of the British Isles was made.

By the 3rd of June, our armies assembled a total of 11 divisions, facing them 8 dug-in British divisions. Our HQ decided not to wait for promised Germans support and instead start a new operation to encircle the 3 Brt Divisions at Plymouth.
04-5.jpg

The Plan for expanding the beachhead.

The battles went according to the plan and on the 4th the attack on the encircled troops began.
05-6.jpg

British troops attacked at Plymouth, their defenses lasted for 2 days before surrendering.

view.jpg

a blown up bunker by a tank round.

Although the troops morale was high after the success on defeating the British, our HQ was worried as the Germans promised supplies and reinforcements didn't arrive. The supply situation was getting worse by the day, and our armies were running out of ammunition.
06-6.jpg

Supply situation as 4th of June.

==========================end of update.

KuzuX said:
did AI do Seelöwe?!?!?! :confused:
Yes they did. Its the first time they do it in one of my games I think. Although as you saw, it failed since the 3 landing divisions were killed by the british.

Jushu said:
quite impressive indeed :s Netherlands control almost whole France??
I wanted to give france all of the south. But I thought I'll leave some incase relations with Spain went bad in the future ;)

Nice job saving that beachhead in time, hopefully it will be Dutch who capture London, not German.

Also give your German AI buddy a cookie for actually going ahead with Seelowe, that is the first time I've heard the AI ever do that.

-> <- Invisible AI cookie

Last edited:
The Defeat of the Empire

l_d4cf39d70639c033679d6216d47c6744.jpg

Heinkel 111 dropping its bombs over London.

The supplies difficulties had its effect on the Dutch army operations in southern England. The attack on London had to be delayed for a week. Which give the British a chance to reorganize after their defeat in Plymouth.
In the 9th of June, the British started their attack on the dutch advanced elements of the army in Bristol. The attack didn't achieve its objects, but it halted the Dutch operations in the area for few days.
07-6.jpg

bess5.JPG

French Renault R-35 tank, part of some of the French forces that escaped France and refused to surrender.

After recovering from the British attack, on the morning of the 11th, Dutch artillery opened fire on the British defenses west of London.
08-5.jpg

The attack on London with 5 Inf divisions.

Surprisingly, the British defenses in London wear very weak. A few Militia divisions war all that faced the dutch armies.
09-4.jpg

More troops are sent after the victory in London.

The plan after taking London was to advance North-east, into Norwich and cut off the British defenses in Dover. Basically, taking all of the RN bases in the British Channel.
10-3.jpg

Everything went according to the plans, and on the 15th, the attack on Dover begun.
11-4.jpg

Our Dutch forces holding their ground and facing supplied difficulties, while the battle for Dover was fought.
barham.jpg

British destroy their ships before they were captured by the advancing Dutch and German armies.

Although facing alot of supplies difficulties, the Advance to North of England continued without any real resistance. More Germans troops were arriving as well. British also lost control over N. Ireland when the Germans attacked the undefended provinces.

14-1.jpg

General situation by the end of June.

========================end of update.

Netherlands? That is some great playing to get all that land with the Netherlands.

Nice job taking London.

Nice update. :D