- Jul 25, 2009
A History of Clan Scott in Tamriel
A History of Clan Scott in Tamriel
I’m Abnwtwtud and I’m an alc….wrong forum. Anyways, this is an AAR played out with the brand spanking new Elder Kings mod for Crusader Kings 2. For those unfamiliar with this, Elder Kings brings the larger world of the Elder Scrolls RPG games to a grand strategic level, which has been a dream of mine ever since I first played the game. There’s a rich backstory to the world which I will only touch upon in my background, mostly because a lot of it is up for debate, even in-universe. This is my first AAR on Paradox Forums, though not my first ever, as I did quite a few for Civilization 3 and 4 back in the day. As with those, I’m going to lay out the house rules and goals and so forth I’m playing with before getting into the meat of the subject.
Elder Kings is still obviously very much a work in progress and has a number of glaring bugs. Text is missing from events, some events are incomplete, the tutor system is a bit off, and lastly, the flags of various titles constantly shift each time the game is reloaded. Despite that, once it actually starts working, it’s a very stable mod, with rare CTDs, at least no more often than vanilla CK2. Of course I’m only 30-50 years in, so we’ll see how it handles in the late game. Still, most of the bugs are aesethic ones, which is a reason for why I’m not going to be doing many screenshots beyond that of my council, my leader, and the map.
I’ll be doing my first post later tonight in about 3-4 hours to so, this first post is just the setup. All posts will be done in a history textbook style to an extent, with sidebars about in-game strategy and thoughts as I go.
Each chapter of the AAR will cover the rule of one ruler at a time. The first real post on this AAR will cover the world as it stands with the key players in my region laid out from the beginning, starting tonight. I unfortunately have no screenshots from the beginning of my game, as I was not initially planning on making this into an AAR. Therefore the first couple of entries will be more text-based than screenshots, but to be perfectly honest, my talents lay more in writing than doing graphical stuff. So while you can expect a healthy amount of screenshots, don’t expect a deluge of them. I have no plans for an ending, as with a fantasy world, I could go on for a very long time, so really, unless I get wiped out, I’m going to just keep on going whenever I have an opportunity to play. That’s how I roll. Anyways, here’s the house rules and my objectives for the course of the game.
1. I am going to use the “cash” cheat, ONCE, at the beginning of the game. This AAR is as much of a stress test of the mod as it is a fun play through for me. Regardless, I’ve already had a number of harrowing moments and close calls just in the first 30 years of play, even with the admittedly minor boost that extra cash gave me from the beginning.
2. No other cheats or exploits allowed, even if I discover some that exist within the confines of the mod.
3. Never trust or employ an elf.
4. People say graphics make the game. People also say Ma’iq is a liar. Don’t you believe either of those things.
5. All event decisions must be made with the character's traits and personal goals in mind. Same with all standard strategy decisions and council selections.
1. Secure power as Jarl of Eastmarch under the rule of the Kingdom of Winterhold. (Complete)
2. Establish the Kingdom of Eastmarch. (Complete)
3. Reform the Kingdom of Skyrim.(Complete)
4. Completely unify all counties and duchies which should belong to the realm of Skyrim.
5. Conquer the rest of the continent of Tamriel, proclaim The Empire.
6. Hold onto the whole empire as long as possible.
7. Kill all elves.
Short List of Rulers
King Andy I: Played 1 Morningstar 3370 - 3 Second Seed, 3399
-Thane of Coldwinter: 1 Morningstar, 3370 - 5 First Seed, 3376
-Jarl of Eastmarch: 5 First Seed, 3376 - 22 Sun's Height, 3394
-King of Eastmarch: 22 Sun's Height, 3394 - 3 Second Seed, 3399
King Andy II: Played 3 Second Seed, 3399 - 5 Sun's Dawn 3430
-King of Eastmarch: 3 Second Seed, 3399 - 5 Sun's Dawn, 3430
List of Chapters
Chapter 1: King Andy I Scott of Eastmarch
Chapter 2: The Rise of King Andy II
Chapter 3: King Andy II and the War with Morrowind