• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HeyTiko

Sergeant
Paradox Staff
Nov 22, 2022
Rulers!

We are thrilled to announce that Age of Wonders 4 Dragon Dawn Content Pack will be available in almost two weeks — on June 20th 2023!

Wallpapers_DragonDawn.jpg

Like its name implies, the Age of Wonders 4: Dragon Dawn Content Pack is all about dragons. Players can build their fiery empires, lead reptilian armies, harness draconic magic, and set fire to their enemies as a Dragon Ruler. The pack will also launch alongside the free Wyvern Update, including an array of updates, quality of life upgrades, and balance changes identified by the Age of Wonders community.

Age of Wonders 4: Dragon Dawn Key Features:

• Dragon Rulers, a distinct new leader type, customizable from snout to tail, with unique new skills, equipment, transformations, and associated events!
  • Lizardfolk, a new physical appearance for your factions
  • Tome of Evolution, adding new units that evolve as they level, and new spells to boost all evolving units
  • Tome of Dragons, adding spells to summon dragons, wield the power of dragons, and become dragons!
  • The Ashen War, a new realm option where six mighty elder dragons are locked in

Learn more about the pack in the First Look Gameplay video!

Read the special Dev Diary about Dragon Lords:

F.A.Q.

How can I purchase the pack?
For now you can Wishlist it and buy when the DLC is out. But you can still purchase Expansion pass or Premium version of the game to have it in advance — it will be available at launch.

When the content pack will be available?
The Dragon Dawn DLC will be available at June 20th.

What is a Wyvern update?
It is a free update which includes various fixes and some gameplay feature updates based on the community feedback and requests.

How will the multiplayer work if my friend has Dragon Dawn and I don’t?
The DLC ownership rights of the game's host are used. If the host owns the DLC, all players can use the content as if they owned it.

Be the first to know when we have wrangled the dragon!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 23Like
  • 14Love
Reactions:
Dragon Dawn DLC just in time for Midsummer's Eve bonfires! The Summer can't get any better! Thank You, Dear Devs, and pleasant work

• 4Like
Reactions:
Huh. That comes out quicker than I expected. Marvelous!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Woo for new realm confirmation :3 I assume that also includes couple presets that can spawn without player having to create custom dragon rulers to spawn as ai

Looks great!

Reactions:
Poisonous looks really weak as a body trait.

Full disclosure, I am the author of More Body & Mind Traits which already has a Poisonous trait, giving a 60% chance of poisoning melee attackers, so it's clear where I stand on what I think would make the trait good.

But breaking it down, let's start with the +2 Blight Resistance. Resistant is a competing body trait that gives +2 Resistance, or in other words, it gives +2 Blight, Fire, Frost, Lightning & Spirit Resistance. So the first part of poisonous is ~20% as good as Resistant.

Is a 20% chance of poisoning melee attackers 80% as good as Resistant? Or in other words, is it as good as +2 Fire, Frost, Lightning & Spirit Resistance? Hell no.

We're talking a trait that does nothing against ranged attacks or magic attacks. It's only maginally effective against charge attacks/single attacks, meaning it's basically only any good against repeating melee attacks. And even if a unit, with no status resistance does 3 repeating attacks, there's only a 48.8% chance it will be poisoned (1-.8^3). So it doesn't even have a 50% success rate to work, against the thing it's strongest against, and all you get is 8 damage per round if it works.

And let's remember unlike something like Strong, this trait has inverse scaling, becoming weaker as the game goes on since more and more enemies get status resistance.

Please buff up Poisonous before launch, we don't need useless traits.

P.S.

Please buff Defensive Tactics for similar reasons. When there's an unconditional +2 Defense trait, and an unconditional +2 Resistance trait, a conditional +1 Defense, +1 Resistance trait is obviously pretty bad

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Is no one else bothered that a DLC is released only one month after a game release? I feel like this should be part of the full game release package.
The release version was likely finished a month or two before the actual release

Reactions:
Is no one else bothered that a DLC is released only one month after a game release? I feel like this should be part of the full game release package.
It might be Paradox policy or maybe they still needed time to work on it? Even in the stream one of the devs mentions there's a bugged feature (sth related to hoard) they still need to work on.

I think it's a matter of perspective, I feel like a lot of people these days get triggered on the mere mention of "paid DLC" even without actually considering what are we getting. For me a DLC should add a new layer to the game, and Dragon Dawn perfectly suits that requirement - we are getting a (kinda) new way to play the game and a very cool story realm + interesting npc's to go against (wonder if we can unlock them?), not to mention a few new units and tomes. It also costs sth like 8 dollars which is less then a price of a mere cosmetic in most AAA games these days (heck, a Hearthstone hero skin costs 10 dollars).

PS: Some new footage on the DLC Steam page https://store.steampowered.com/app/2367860/Age_of_Wonders_4_Dragon_Dawn/

• 3Like
Reactions: